• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.cabelas.com/product/DPMS-TEK-Rifle-Package/1336701.ut...

Overall Customer Rating: 4.9 out of 5 Rating breakdown 7 reviews

Made In The USA

This grab-and-go kit has essentials you need to survive
DPMS A3 T.E.K. Lite 16 carbine in .223./5.56 NATO
Removable rear sight on an optics-ready Picatinny rail
Comes with four 30-round magazines
Includes a Gerber Bear Gryllis Ultimate Kit
Extreme-conditions nondescript hard case
For home, cabin, remote adventures and emergency preparedness, this grab-and-go kit has essentials you need to survive. The rifle is a DPMS A3 T.E.K. Lite 16 carbine in .223./5.56 NATO. Its 16" barrel has 1:9 rifling twist with an A2 flash hider. The removable rear sight mounts on an optics-ready Picatinny rail. Six-position collapsible stock. Constructed of strong, lightweight components, the rifle weighs only 6-1/2 lbs. Comes with four 30-round magazines. Includes a Gerber Bear Gryllis Ultimate Kit™ that weighs only 9.4 oz. and is packed in a 4.5" x 6.8" ripstop-nylon bag. Kit contains a fire starter; waterproof matches; waterproof bag; snare wire; emergency cord; cotton balls for fire tinder; miniature light; handsaw; signaling mirror; survival blanket; waxed thread; fishing kit; sewing kit; land-to-air rescue and S.O.S. instructions; survival guide; and a Gerber miniature multitool with more than 10 tools. The extreme-conditions nondescript hard case is an environment-resistant container that doesn’t look like a gun case. Turnbuckle latches seal the case from the elements. It has room for the carbine, four magazines, the survival kit and still has space left for some MREs or canned goods. Made in USA.
Case dimensions: 40"L x 10"H x 4"D.

Cabela's
See Cabela's promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

rifle
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Need isn't in the conversation for me. I don't "need" a Hemi V-8 or 12 guitars, but I have them. For me it is "want".

the1percent (Jan. 18, 2013 @ 10:03a) |

In for one if I could find one to buy.

argoldst (Jan. 18, 2013 @ 10:10a) |

"M FOUR!"

itsausername (Jan. 19, 2013 @ 2:44p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Doing my job to cancel PloKoon's reds.

nitesbane said:   Doing my job to cancel PloKoon's reds.

I'm with ya'

nitesbane said:   Doing my job to cancel PloKoon's reds.

So I guss I just need to post more deals

How do you find out stock in your local store?

Same here. Green for everyone on the thread. above me

Nice deal, especially for the non-builder. If I weren't in California, I'd be in for one.

The four mags makes this deal pretty good, at least as things are.

I think thirty round mags are up to $87 each.

spdracer5g said:   The four mags makes this deal pretty good, at least as things are.

I think thirty round mags are up to $87 each.

or 17 bucks each if you catch them in stock....

but I doubt they're in stock...check your local store though, it's worth a shot

Where was this deal when I was a Boy Scout? Back then I was buying the lame survival kits *without* the included AR-15!

I called the Hamburg, PA store last Friday about any potential for an AR being in stock. The guy said they don't know when they are getting them, and when they do, they go out up on display and are gone in about 10 minutes. Seeing I live 2.5 hours away, I'm never going to snag one there. I only called because I figure the big boxes are the only place where price gouging may be at a minimum. As much as I'd rather support a local gun store, a store closer to me wouldn't even reveal a price to me on the phone for one he had in stock. I live an hour from that guy and I'm not driving down there just to see he wants $1600 for it. I can spend that on GunBroker and not leave the house until I need to pick it up.

Odd that there's no Cabelas in the southeast.

Slickone said:   Odd that there's no Cabelas in the southeast.
They are getting ready to open one here in Louisville KY, and it's literally five minutes from my house! Can't wait!

Lot of gun posts today. Lets go non-lethal? Maybe?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/ARR-225

Just called and an associate checked company-wide stock. They only have 15. In the whole country...

This is a good deal...but it is impossible to find...so it's not really a deal at all

tank3d said:   This is a good deal...but it is impossible to find...so it's not really a deal at all

If there 15 out there, It is a hot deal for 15 Gun buyers.

Ken99287 said:   Just called and an associate checked company-wide stock. They only have 15. In the whole country...

Definitely not my neck of the woods, AR's have been sold out all over for at least a month.

None near me either. I think she said the Indiana store had the most.

timx said:   Lot of gun posts today. Lets go non-lethal? Maybe?

Machined out of solid-stock steel, shoots golf balls over 250 yards using .223 BLANKS

That would turn some heads at the golf course!!

"Turnbuckle latches seal the case from the elements. It has room for the carbine, four magazines, the survival kit and still has space left for some MREs or canned goods."

What about my 6,000 rounds of milsurplus ammo?

People that give RED to gun and ammo deals should be banned, no exceptions. They need to find a life and exercise their minds in ways that will help cure world hunger.

Really wish Dicks wouldn't have exited the semiauto space, don't have a lot of Cabelas around.

Dicks sells .22LR semi auto for regular prices. Savage 64 or Marlin are still in stock in most places. They abandoned larger calibers.

Just got back from Cabelas in Springfield, Oregon. They have the black one in stock.

VicVinegar said:   I called the Hamburg, PA store last Friday about any potential for an AR being in stock. The guy said they don't know when they are getting them, and when they do, they go out up on display and are gone in about 10 minutes. Seeing I live 2.5 hours away, I'm never going to snag one there. I only called because I figure the big boxes are the only place where price gouging may be at a minimum. As much as I'd rather support a local gun store, a store closer to me wouldn't even reveal a price to me on the phone for one he had in stock. I live an hour from that guy and I'm not driving down there just to see he wants $1600 for it. I can spend that on GunBroker and not leave the house until I need to pick it up.

So order one online and have it shipped to a local shop.

tank3d said:   Just got back from Cabelas in Springfield, Oregon. They have the black one in stock.

You did not buy it ?

drodge said:   VicVinegar said:   I called the Hamburg, PA store last Friday about any potential for an AR being in stock. The guy said they don't know when they are getting them, and when they do, they go out up on display and are gone in about 10 minutes. Seeing I live 2.5 hours away, I'm never going to snag one there. I only called because I figure the big boxes are the only place where price gouging may be at a minimum. As much as I'd rather support a local gun store, a store closer to me wouldn't even reveal a price to me on the phone for one he had in stock. I live an hour from that guy and I'm not driving down there just to see he wants $1600 for it. I can spend that on GunBroker and not leave the house until I need to pick it up.

So order one online and have it shipped to a local shop.

Can't do that

tank3d said:   Just got back from Cabelas in Springfield, Oregon. They have the black one in stock.

Go back buy it and sell it to me (make yourself a $100)

Would be nice to find one...

So at the risk of being scolded, what's a reason anyone needs a gun like this? I get hand gun, but an assault rifle?

to shoot at something farther away

dmk112 said:   So at the risk of being scolded, what's a reason anyone needs a gun like this? I get hand gun, but an assault rifle?

That's not an assault rifle....

"need" doesn't really enter into it though....these weapons are a LOT of fun to shoot.

Ammo is (was) cheap and plentiful...accurate...low recoil..accurate...

dmk112 said:   So at the risk of being scolded, what's a reason anyone needs a gun like this? I get hand gun, but an assault rifle?

Do tell...what do you think an "assault rifle" actually is?

m362w said:   dmk112 said:   So at the risk of being scolded, what's a reason anyone needs a gun like this? I get hand gun, but an assault rifle?

What does the "AR" in AR-15 stand for?

Always Ready

Karnivore said:   Slickone said:   Odd that there's no Cabelas in the southeast.
They are getting ready to open one here in Louisville KY, and it's literally five minutes from my house! Can't wait!

Hopefully they have already sent the merchandise before this started & it will be fully stocked when it opens. I'll be there when the doors open

blmoyer said:   m362w said:   dmk112 said:   So at the risk of being scolded, what's a reason anyone needs a gun like this? I get hand gun, but an assault rifle?

What does the "AR" in AR-15 stand for?

AR stands for Armalite.

Educate yourselves.
http://www.armalite.com/images/Library/History.pdf

Hoffman Estates IL Cabela's ... long shot, took a number, waited, asked nice gentleman, asked me if I'll purchase it if he takes it out for me...

long story short $1039.47 OTD including tax and background check.

For pick-up after 24H required hold.

Thank you OP!

"So at the risk of being scolded, what's a reason anyone needs a gun like this? I get hand gun, but an assault rifle?"

An AR-15 is actually much more useful than a handgun. Handguns are pretty much just for killing people.

An AR-15 is sufficient to bring down a small deer, coyotes/large dogs/wolves, wild pigs, etc. You could bag a turkey, duck or pheasant with it in a pinch. It's not perfect for bigger deer, but it's better than no rifle.

Skipping 30 Messages...
RandyBox said:   timx said:   Lot of gun posts today. Lets go non-lethal? Maybe?

Machined out of solid-stock steel, shoots golf balls over 250 yards using .223 BLANKS

That would turn some heads at the golf course!!

"M FOUR!"

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.