rated:
Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express Video Card Ľ only $16.99
1GB Video Card

Super Hot

Newegg.com is carrying this 1GB Video Card for $31.99
There is a $15 Exclusive Mail-In Rebate on it until 01/15/2013
This item receives Free Shipping
Final Price: $31.99 - $15 = $16.99 + Free Shipping

Compare: pcRUSH.com ($41.14)| ecomElectronics.com ($54.94) | TheNerds.net ($57.98)

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

video card
Thanks JayMatt19
Disclaimer
The SAPPHIRE HD 5450 graphic cards offer complete DirectX 11 support and advanced graphics, display features and technologies as well as the most features and functionality in their class. The HD 5450 Series is designed to give you stunning high definition entertainment from your PC, whether Blu-ray/HD DVD discs or other HD sources. Also, you can get an amazing entertainment experience with DirectX 11 and Windows 7 via HD5450.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I looked up reviews of this card on Am@zon and this is what "the most helpful critical review" says about their rebate program:

10 of 11 people found the following review helpful
Be ware of its rebate program, August 21, 2012
By K. ZhaoAmazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 1 GB DDR3 HDMI/DVI-I/VGA PCI-Express Graphics Card 100292DDR3L (Personal Computers)
The video card came on time. It works OK on my desktop, though it has difficulty rendering HD video playback: when you plan HD video and want to seek, the image becomes distorted (artifact). You have to pause the video and then resume it again to fix that.
Another complain is about its rebate program. At the time of purchase, the company offered a $15 rebate. However, later I got an email and it told the document I printed out from Amazon wasn't valid for the rebate purpose. I called their 800 number on the rebate form, the lady on the phone agreed that she will resubmit the document and got it processed, but there is no update after 1+ month.

I've used this card in an old slim Dell 530 PC with Core 2 Duo and WinXP. It runs great with dual monitors (DVI and HDMI); had to modify it to the low-profile bracket, very easy. Works great for my parents' PC, frees up CPU for non-graphics task. This is a steal. I think 5450 production has ceased. It works great on a HTPC too.

kenyanboy said:   I've used this card in an old slim Dell 530 PC with Core 2 Duo and WinXP. It runs great with dual monitors (DVI and HDMI); had to modify it to the low-profile bracket, very easy. Works great for my parents' PC, frees up CPU for non-graphics task. This is a steal. I think 5450 production has ceased. It works great on a HTPC too.

No, it's now the guts of the AMD Radeon HD 8350 OEM, according to Anandtech.

"Frankly itís not at all clear at this point in time just what the purpose of these final rebadges are, as these cards are slower than a good iGPU. APAC markets are even more heavily weighted towards budget components than the North American market already is, so itís quite likely that these cards are meant to fill APAC-specific product needs."

FYI, the low profile ready Radeon HD 6450 from a few different manufacturers has been available for $12-17 after rebate numerous times in the last couple of months.

This is the best deal around at the moment, but if someone would prefer a 6450 it will probably come up again before too long.

This card was $8ar in November.

But it is one of the lowest power-use cards that is faster than integrated graphics (and it can do dual-link dvi)

is this good for HTPC ?

HTPC, yes. Gaming, no. I'm using an XFX 5450 I got for $15 after rebate a while back. It's a decent card but don't expect much in the gaming department, unless you play at VERY low resolutions.

I originally bought the card for an old HTPC rig and it does that duty quite well.

Thanks, quick question, I have a PC layng around I want to make htpc out of it, if i get this card, would it play 760p ?
Gateway GT5481E desktop computer is perfect for the home or office
CPU features an Intel Pentium E2160 dual core processor
Desktop computer also has a 250GB hard drive
Each core operates at 1.80 GHz 1 MB shared L2 Cache 800 MHz front side bus
Chipset: Intel 945GC
Installed: 1024 MB DDR2, 667 MHz, (PC2-5300)
Expandable to: 2 GB (two DDR2 DIMM slots)
250 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA II hard drive

Endriuska said:   Thanks, quick question, I have a PC layng around I want to make htpc out of it, if i get this card, would it play 760p ?
Gateway GT5481E desktop computer is perfect for the home or office
CPU features an Intel Pentium E2160 dual core processor
Desktop computer also has a 250GB hard drive
Each core operates at 1.80 GHz 1 MB shared L2 Cache 800 MHz front side bus
Chipset: Intel 945GC
Installed: 1024 MB DDR2, 667 MHz, (PC2-5300)
Expandable to: 2 GB (two DDR2 DIMM slots)
250 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA II hard drive

If you use media playback software that uses DXVA decoding (i.e., offloads decoding to the GPU), such as Media Player Classic Home Cinema or PowerDVD, that setup will easily do 1080p mkv's and even Blu-Rays. The system memory is really, really low, however, so all bets are off if you start paging to disk after exceeding 1GB.

cpabster said:   HTPC, yes. Gaming, no. I'm using an XFX 5450 I got for $15 after rebate a while back. It's a decent card but don't expect much in the gaming department, unless you play at VERY low resolutions.

I originally bought the card for an old HTPC rig and it does that duty quite well.

What is a very low resolution? 720p?

Great price drop!

anyone know how this compares to the ATI Radeon 4600 series? my cooling fan is on its way out and i've been looking for a slight upgrade without spending too much.

We use these in servers at work. Work quite well.

This isn't much of a deal unless you are in a pinch.

Endriuska said:   is this good for HTPC ?

Its ok. The 6450 is a better HTPC card as the 5450 has UVD2 and the 6450 has UVD3. So updated decoder in the 6000 cards may work better for some HTPC.

Note the 5450 supports Eyefinity. AMD Eyefinity technology maximizes your field of view across up to three displays, fully engaging your peripheral vision, perfect for gaming and multimedia applications.

Marlin1975 said:   Endriuska said:   is this good for HTPC ?

Its ok. The 6450 is a better HTPC card as the 5450 has UVD2 and the 6450 has UVD3. So updated decoder in the 6000 cards may work better for some HTPC.

Didn't the 6450 have a fan? That may be a concern for some people.

mahha said:   anyone know how this compares to the ATI Radeon 4600 series? my cooling fan is on its way out and i've been looking for a slight upgrade without spending too much.
Here's something google came up with. It appears the 4600 series is better.
http://www.hwcompare.com/410/radeon-hd-4650-512mb-vs-radeon-hd-5...

Currently OOS

In stock again -- just ordered one!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.