• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Acer 24" Widescreen LED Monitor @ Newegg - $129.99
compare at $159.99
Free Shipping!

• Acer P6 Black 24'' LED Widescreen Monitor.
  • 200cd/m2 Brightness.
  • 100,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast.
  • 5ms Response Time.
  • 60Hz Refresh Rate.
  • 22.3'' x 15.8'' x 7.9''.

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Acer 24" Widescreen LED Monitor
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

FYI, no HDMI and only 1920 x 1080 Not that I would expect a perfect monitor for $130...but I would pass on this.

ezwrighter said:   FYI, no HDMI and only 1920 x 1080 Not that I would expect a perfect monitor for $130...but I would pass on this.You could use a DVI Male to HDMI Female adapter (ie. $1.52), although you'd still be stuck with only one digital input. As for the resolution, anything greater than 1920x1080 is double the cost on Newegg. The reviews on the color quality of this monitor would concern me though.

The 23" ASUS VH232H doesn't seem like too bad of a deal. It's cheaper after promo code and rebate ($124.99), and it comes with DVI, HDMI, speakers, and a five-egg rating. Food for thought.

Only 1920 x 1080? No other 24" monitor has a higher resolution. As for no HDMI, you can buy a DVI to HDMI adapter for $2.26 on Monoprice. I don't anything about the quality of Acer monitors but $130 seems like a pretty good price even for a low end 24" monitor.

This monitor is only 200 nits, so it will probably not be great in a very bright sunlit room next to a window. It would be ok for standard indoor rooms.

SteveG

luckybob04 said:   ezwrighter said:   FYI, no HDMI and only 1920 x 1080 Not that I would expect a perfect monitor for $130...but I would pass on this.You could use a DVI Male to HDMI Female adapter (ie. $1.52), although you'd still be stuck with only one digital input. As for the resolution, anything greater than 1920x1080 is double the cost on Newegg. The reviews on the color quality of this monitor would concern me though.

The 23" ASUS VH232H doesn't seem like too bad of a deal. It's cheaper after promo code and rebate ($124.99), and it comes with DVI, HDMI, speakers, and a five-egg rating. Food for thought.

ASUS VH232H is not the LED monitor.

rlb4 said:   Only 1920 x 1080? No other 24" monitor has a higher resolution.

I'm sorry, but there are plenty of monitors with higher resolution. Also, the nexus 10 and ipad both have pixel densities that blow this away. I didn't give this thread a red or anything, just posted the resolution and said I would pass. I personally am tired of low pixel density monitors, and would like to start seeing 24" monitors on par with tablet pixel density. I don't mind paying 2-3 times the price for all those extra pixels. I stare at monitors for a living and the more pixels the better. For playing games or watching movies, this monitor would be great.

sgogo said:   This monitor is only 200 nits, so it will probably not be great in a very bright sunlit room next to a window. It would be ok for standard indoor rooms.I'd have to disagree here. Unless you keep your monitor directly in front of a window (and who would want to do that), 200 nits should be more than enough brightness. I use a U2412M, and keep the brightness at 0-5 out of 100 in the evening (your pupils dilate in a dark room to take in more light, but if you've got a single bright light source in the room (e.g. a monitor) your eyes will take in too much light), and 12-20 out of 100 with blinds open at high noon. Anything over 35 or so is too bright (save maybe for watching movies) for me. So I'm not getting anywhere near 200 nits.

If you do some research, your monitor brightness should not exceed your environment's ambient light. Eg, if you hold a sheet of paper up next to your monitor and the monitor is brighter than the paper (under comfortable lighting), you're asking for strained eyes.

Its $119.99 now

Is the price difference between this

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/23-lg-e51-series-slim-led-monitor/prod6300028.ip?navAction=

and the $119 worth it? I know that it is smaller but has hdmi.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.