• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The program is available for $29.95, but it will be free for our visitors as a time-limited offer.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/paragon-dc-12-compact-english/

You no longer need to spend hours performing tedious, complicated re-installations when buying or upgrading your PC. Take all the best from the system you’re used to – and simply move it to the new environment. Use Drive Copy 12 Compact for fast, efficient computer migrations of any software/hardware combination, from any source, to any target.

Member Summary

Paragon Drive Copy 12
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Limitations: Paragon Boot Media Builder (stand-alone wizard that helps to prepare a WinPE-based bootable environment) is not available, but you can create and use Linux/DOS-based Recovery media with built-in Recovery Media Builder.

Does that mean if you make an exact copy of an HDD with the OS on it, it the copy you make won't be bootable?

Two questions.
1. DC10 compact has the limitation that you cannot migrate your system to new hardware. Does DC12 remove the limitation?
2. When you migrate to new hardware, will this trigger windows reactivation request?
Hope somebody can help.

twinclouds said:   Two questions.
1. DC10 compact has the limitation that you cannot migrate your system to new hardware. Does DC12 remove the limitation?
2. When you migrate to new hardware, will this trigger windows reactivation request?
Hope somebody can help.

To answer 2.
Migrating to a new HD on a PC generally does not trigger Windows activation. Neither does swaping in and out other "add-ins" like graphics cards etc.
Swapping motherboard to one with a different identifier ( make / model /serial / BIOS rev* ) generally will trigger activation.
* I've had some retraction issues when flashing new BIOS, but most of the time not.

Not a good idea to restore an image of one motherboard/CPU architectural to a different one. you are better off with a fresh install as windows will almost certainly have some hardware specific kernel/driver stuff set up and will BSOD on boot up...
(e.g. different generations of north bridge/south bridge controllers or CPU generations or intel vs. AMD)

Wow, I got a whole bunch of trashy programz, be careful this is not what you think. It took my fifteen minutes to delete several trashy programs that got installed.

bigdoggy said:   Wow, I got a whole bunch of trashy programz, be careful this is not what you think. It took my fifteen minutes to delete several trashy programs that got installed.

Worked perfectly fine with me. Never had any problem with anything from GOTD (except occassionally some programs want to install toolbars or reset your home page, but they ALWAYS ask first).

what are the benefits or main differences of this compared to ParagonBackup and Recovery 2012 Free Edition?

WalterGuy said:   bigdoggy said:   Wow, I got a whole bunch of trashy programz, be careful this is not what you think. It took my fifteen minutes to delete several trashy programs that got installed.

Worked perfectly fine with me. Never had any problem with anything from GOTD (except occassionally some programs want to install toolbars or reset your home page, but they ALWAYS ask first).

It worked fine for me also. This particular program DC12 does not add any toolbar etc., right?

bigdoggy said:   Wow, I got a whole bunch of trashy programz, be careful this is not what you think. It took my fifteen minutes to delete several trashy programs that got installed.
Can you name some of the "programz"?

Do I have to install the program today? I prefer installing it later when I need it.

ThankThoseWhoShare said:   Do I have to install the program today? I prefer installing it later when I need it.
I don't think you have to, but you need to get the numbers asap.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014