• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
A lifetime membership with the NRA is normally $1000, but the NRA has relaunched their $300 Life Membership offer at NRA - We the People.

Unlike in some previous years, where this had to be done over the phone, this is completely online.

The form at this site requires the NRA Member ID, email address, and ZIP code of an existing Life Member, as well as a Security Code (which is shown on the page to prevent bots from submitting the form).

Updated:

You (or a Life Member) must enter an existing Life Member's information (Member ID, email address, and ZIP code) and the Captcha-type Security Code - then click "Continue". Don't click "Not a member? Join here."

The second page will ask if you want to upgrade the membership of the Life Member whose ID was entered to Endowment. Unless you wish to do this, just click "Continue".

The third page will say Give a Gift Membership. On this page, select the Life Membership in the first drop down list, and enter the name and other info of the new/to-be-upgraded member - not the Life Member that provided the ID.

Select Review & Complete Your Transaction. You should be able to enter all relevant credit card info there.

Member Summary

NRA (148.99kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
That's not consistent with the definition FW has used in the past. Two examples I remember off the top of my head is: 1)... (more)

Yuyak (Jan. 10, 2013 @ 4:07p) |

When you think about things, you're supposed to always look at at least the other, obvious, opposite extreme. Having so... (more)

Alan69 (Jan. 10, 2013 @ 4:12p) |

Yep. Deals on guns/ammo, ok, some people will be offended, but not directly supporting a PAC. This is different. I would... (more)

mungbai (Jan. 10, 2013 @ 4:15p) |

• Also categorized in:

Not seeing the $300 Life Membership option when I click "Not a member? Join Here".

Only ones I see are the 1yr ($30), 3yr ($75), & 5yr ($100) options.

Do you need to already be a member to get the Life Member discount?

davidyoung98 said:   A lifetime membership with the NRA is normally $1000, but the NRA has relaunched their $300 Life Membership offer at NRA - We the People.

Unlike in some previous years, where this had to be done over the phone, this is completely online.

The form at this site requires the NRA Member ID, email address, and ZIP code of an existing Life Member, as well as a Security Code (which is shown on the page to prevent bots from submitting the form).

Without threadcrapping, the need for a 70% lifetime discount speaks volumes about support for the NRA given recent events....

Yeah this doesn't seem to be working. I put in the valid info (member number, zip, email, code) for an existing lifetime member, and it only came up with an offer to upgrade that membership (from "lifetime" to "endowment"). Nothing about a new lifetime membership for $300.

This might be a targeted offer...

you are threadcrapping and being political, why even make a snide comment if you immediately feel the need to try and defend your actions? Be an adult and own what you say and do.
that said when I go thru it shows $600 for a lifetime membership. It seems the price must depend on some variables they have set that is tied to our membership

davidyoung98 said:   A lifetime membership with the NRA is normally $1000, but the NRA has relaunched their $300 Life Membership offer at NRA - We the People.

Lowest I've seen previously was $400 so green from me.

The problem for me is I'm signed up until 2018 and I'm 45 years old. At $25 per year after 2018, I break even 17 years from now. And that assumes I don't get the free yearly membership (bass pro shops $25 card for joining). I did join the North American hunting club as a life member about 12 years ago because they billed so little for like three years to pay it off and I get their mag now for life. It wasn't $300 either.

Decisions...

Yearly promotion they have every year; I became life member through this option approximately 5 years ago (after being regular member for 20+ years). Had brother and cousins sign up under me in following years. So the 70% discount works great for those of us who were regular members but couldn't/wouldn't shell out $1000 at one time.

DOChicago said:   davidyoung98 said:   A lifetime membership with the NRA is normally $1000, but the NRA has relaunched their $300 Life Membership offer at NRA - We the People.

Without threadcrapping, the need for a 70% lifetime discount speaks volumes about support for the NRA given recent events....

You (or a Life Member) must enter an existing Life Member's information (Member ID, email address, and ZIP code) and the Captcha-type Security Code - then click "Continue". Don't click "Not a member? Join here."

The second page will ask if you want to upgrade the membership of the Life Member whose ID was entered to Endowment. Unless you wish to do this, just click "Continue".

The third page will say Give a Gift Membership. On this page, select the Life Membership in the first drop down list, and enter the name and other info of the new/to-be-upgraded member - not the Life Member that provided the ID.

Select Review & Complete Your Transaction. You should be able to enter all relevant credit card info there.

RevJim said:   Yeah this doesn't seem to be working. I put in the valid info (member number, zip, email, code) for an existing lifetime member, and it only came up with an offer to upgrade that membership (from "lifetime" to "endowment"). Nothing about a new lifetime membership for $300.

This might be a targeted offer...

Yeah, I did it and it shows $600 for me. Wow. That's worse than I've received in the mail. OP, you need to put YMMV in the title.

I just updated the post...sorry my original instructions weren't specific enough. This is not a YMMV - this should be only $300 if these updated instructions are followed.

davidyoung98 said:   I just updated the post...sorry my original instructions weren't specific enough. This is not a YMMV - this should be only $300 if these updated instructions are followed.

Okay this fixed it. I didn't know you could continue past the endowment thing. Once I did that, the $300 lifetime option shows up on the following page. Green for you.

"I'll give up my NRA lifetime membership when it's pried from my cold, dead hands."

davidyoung98 said:   I just updated the post...sorry my original instructions weren't specific enough. This is not a YMMV - this should be only $300 if these updated instructions are followed.

Do you have a life member's info, I don't know any personally.

Does this have any associated discounts like AAA? Like if you show your NRA card at places do you get a discount?

clearanceman said:   davidyoung98 said:   I just updated the post...sorry my original instructions weren't specific enough. This is not a YMMV - this should be only $300 if these updated instructions are followed.

Do you have a life member's info, I don't know any personally.

+1

According the OP's instruction, you need to be an exsiting member to join?

mdrollas said:   According the OP's instruction, you need to be an exsiting member to join?

No, you have to have an existing Life Member who is willing to refer you by giving you some information - namely his or her Member ID #, ZIP code, and email address.

"We the People" Over 30 years ago I was an NRA member and I seem to recall their slogan back then reflected the focus of the organization at that time, something like "Promoting the safe and enjoyable use of firearms." Now it seems that promoting marksmanship and firearm safety are very, very distant in importance to demagoguery.

I would like to get a life membership.

great deal if you know a lifer

For those wondering (I was)
Benefits of NRA membership

cerich said:   you are threadcrapping and being political, why even make a snide comment if you immediately feel the need to try and defend your actions? Be an adult and own what you say and do.
that said when I go thru it shows $600 for a lifetime membership. It seems the price must depend on some variables they have set that is tied to our membership
You bring up an interesting point. To be honest, I'm very surprised FW mods have been allowing ANY NRA-related threads given their standing policy of not allowing political posts.

Last I checked NRA is a political interest/advocacy group that spends a lot of $$$ lobbying in DC.

Yuyak said:   cerich said:   you are threadcrapping and being political, why even make a snide comment if you immediately feel the need to try and defend your actions? Be an adult and own what you say and do.
You bring up an interesting point. To be honest, I'm very surprised FW mods have been allowing ANY NRA-related threads given their standing policy of not allowing political posts.

Last I checked NRA is a political interest/advocacy group that spends a lot of $$$ lobbying in DC.

Within the scope of a good deal this thread should not be a problem. Posters that get political would be the ones that should not be allowed.

the1percent said:   Yuyak said:   cerich said:   you are threadcrapping and being political, why even make a snide comment if you immediately feel the need to try and defend your actions? Be an adult and own what you say and do.

Within the scope of a good deal this thread should not be a problem. Posters that get political would be the ones that should not be allowed.

Yeah, except that I remember someone posting a deal on merchandise at the Obama store and it got deleted. It's a good deal, right?

the1percent said:   Yuyak said:   cerich said:   you are threadcrapping and being political, why even make a snide comment if you immediately feel the need to try and defend your actions? Be an adult and own what you say and do.

That's not consistent with the definition FW has used in the past. Two examples I remember off the top of my head is: 1) Obama campaign store having a 50% discount sale on tshirts + other merchandise, and 2) Hillary Clinton + other dem not-very-flattering bobble head dolls also going on sale (don't remember the discount amount). Both were shut down because of its political nature.

The fact that so many red/green has been flying around (both for the post and in the discussion) that for reason that I seriously doubt are entirely about the deal, I think this constitutes as political.

Just searching on Google, I just found a deal for a free tshirt w/ an ACLU membership - but requires a special promo code to get the shirt - so arguably a "deal". My guess is many of the people giving green here will give me red and many of the people giving this red will give me green. I was briefly tempted to post it to Hot Deals as an experiment, but I'm opting not to because I think it'll be counter productive.

DOChicago said:   

When you think about things, you're supposed to always look at at least the other, obvious, opposite extreme. Having so many new members they can afford a 70% discount would be just as valid, and more in line with actual facts, besides it really just being an ongoing deal.

Might want to search Google for something like 'Beginning Analysis' or similar and bone up a bit.

Yuyak said:   the1percent said:   Yuyak said:   cerich said:   you are threadcrapping and being political, why even make a snide comment if you immediately feel the need to try and defend your actions? Be an adult and own what you say and do.

That's not consistent with the definition FW has used in the past. Two examples I remember off the top of my head is: 1) Obama campaign store having a 50% discount sale on tshirts + other merchandise, and 2) Hillary Clinton + other dem not-very-flattering bobble head dolls also going on sale (don't remember the discount amount). Both were shut down because of its political nature.

The fact that so many red/green has been flying around (both for the post and in the discussion) that for reason that I seriously doubt are entirely about the deal, I think this constitutes as political.

Just searching on Google, I just found a deal for a free tshirt w/ an ACLU membership - but requires a special promo code to get the shirt - so arguably a "deal". My guess is many of the people giving green here will give me red and many of the people giving this red will give me green. I was briefly tempted to post it to Hot Deals as an experiment, but I'm opting not to because I think it'll be counter productive.

Yep. Deals on guns/ammo, ok, some people will be offended, but not directly supporting a PAC. This is different. I would prefer we had no more "deals" for NRA memberships. Let's call a spade a spade: this is a membership drive.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014