• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Yes, it's not new. And I have no idea how old this is, based on my minimal knowledge of e-readers. But this seems like a terrific price, even if it's refurbed by the seller.

From the seller: “This item may have very light wear and is in working condition. Does not come with original box."

Detailed item info
Product Information
Reading gets innovative and easy with the Kindle 2 tablet from Amazon. With latest E Ink Pearl display, this Amazon Wi-Fi tablet ensures excellent text clarity and image sharpness. Having 8.5 ounces weight and 1/3-inch thin design, this Amazon tablet PC proves to be light and compact than those conventional magazines to ensure ease of portability. You can now share meaningful passages or contents with on Twitter and Facebook using this Amazon Wi-Fi tablet. Connect to Wi-Fi hotspots and this Amazon tablet PC will allow you to download books in seconds. The Kindle 2 tablet can read English-language content out loud to you with its Text-to-Speech feature for your convenience. The 5-way navigation button of the Kindle 2 tablet provides ease operation.

Product Identifiers
Brand Amazon
Model 2
MPN B002-KNDL2NOW
Carrier Unlocked
UPC 892685001072, 892685001218

Key Features
Type eBook Reader
Family Line Kindle
Display Size 6in (15.24 cm)
Hard Drive Capacity 2 GB
Operating System Linux
Internet Connectivity Wi-Fi + 3G
Supported File Types AA, AAX, AZW, BMP, DOC, GIF, HTML, JPEG, MOBI, MP3, PDF, PNG, PRC, TXT
Color White

Processor
Processor Manufacturer Freescale
Processor Speed 532 MHz

Display and Screen
Display Tech E-Ink ® Pearl
Display Max. Resolution 800 x 600

Connections and Expandability
Expension Ports USB 2.0
Wireless capabilities WLAN 802.11b, WLAN 802.11g
Audio Input Stereo Input Jack
Audio Output Speaker(s)

Dimensions
Height 8in (20.3 cm)
Width 5.3in (13.4 cm)
Depth 0.36in (0.914 cm)
Weight 0.638lb (0.29 kg)

Battery
Battery Technology Lithium polymer
Battery Run Time Up to 504 hours

Additional Technical Informations
Input Method Keyboard

EDITED: To include price in title (Duh!)

Member Summary

kindle
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The same seller has the Kindle Keyboard 3G refurb for 20 bucks more--a much better product (better screen, more compact,... (more)

threebeers (Jan. 10, 2013 @ 5:13p) |

In 4 1, thx

possafazer (Jan. 15, 2013 @ 9:32p) |

nm

tcutty (Jan. 16, 2013 @ 6:46p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$40 shipped.

OP, please add the price to the title.

Price in title would be nice.

My stupidity has now been corrected.

Does anyone know if the Kindle 2 allows you to access the web via 3G?

kickerstarter said:   Does anyone know if the Kindle 2 allows you to access the web via 3G? I believe it does, but I wouldn't let that be a major factor in deciding to buy it or not. The "expeirmental browser" is extremely slow - not surprising based on the processing power on these - and very cumbersome to navigate with the arrow keys/keypad. It came in handy once for me while traveling abroad in a foreign country and I wanted to get a hotel confirmation number from my email, but I didn't want to pay for internet cafe. It took me 5+ minutes to get to my gmail account and find the email I was searching for... it worked, but not something I'd want to be using on a regular basis.

kickerstarter said:   Does anyone know if the Kindle 2 allows you to access the web via 3G?

It basically allows you to access the Amazon bookstore and your Amazon account without a WiFi connection.
Please don't ask for more than that for free.

ekeith2000 said:   kickerstarter said:   Does anyone know if the Kindle 2 allows you to access the web via 3G?

It basically allows you to access the Amazon bookstore and your Amazon account without a WiFi connection.

I don't disagree with this in general, but don't they advertise being able to check e-mail with it? I thought that was why they set a limit on it.

FYI, nook simple touch goes on sale for $59 frequently, it is much better than the kindle 2 (faster page turns, better display, better battery).

KMCHERRY said:   ekeith2000 said:   kickerstarter said:   Does anyone know if the Kindle 2 allows you to access the web via 3G?

I don't disagree with this in general, but don't they advertise being able to check e-mail with it? I thought that was why they set a limit on it.

Their "3g" sucks. Its basicly useless except access Amazon bookstore.

If this is a 2nd generation it does not support wifi only 3g click for more info.

I think I have a similar kindle, but mine does not have Wi-Fi.

I've used the experimental browser to connect to the barebones gmail website from a beach in Barcelona and the French Alps. I could read and write messages. It was painful and slow, but nice to be able to check-in from places that have a cellular connection for free. I'd recommend it over a non-3G enabled kindle for sure.

If it does not have wifi and its an unlocked 3g, how do you download books on to the device?

Specs listed above say both 3G and WiFi.

spotlmnop said:   If it does not have wifi and its an unlocked 3g, how do you download books on to the device?
Books are downloaded over 3g connection as long as you are in a coverage area. Coverage map links.

a2travelguy said:   Specs listed above say both 3G and WiFi.
Those specs are from eBay, not Amazon. I recently purchased this model from another seller on eBay for my father and when I received it I found out it does not support wifi only 3G.

a2travelguy said:   Specs listed above say both 3G and WiFi.

If that is true, then it is not a 2nd generation Kindle. The picture suggests a 2nd gen. kindle, so the seller is probably wrong on the WiFi bit. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Kindle#Second_generation

Starting with the 3rd gen, Kindle could have both 3G and WiFi available.

So now the question is whether this is the original Kindle 2 or the updated Kindle 2 international version.

"The original Kindle 2 used CDMA2000, for use on the Sprint network. The international version used standard GSM and 3G GSM, enabling it to be used on AT&T's U.S. mobile network and internationally in 100 other countries.[25]" -From wikipedia

info411man said:   spotlmnop said:   If it does not have wifi and its an unlocked 3g, how do you download books on to the device?
Books are downloaded over 3g connection as long as you are in a coverage area. Coverage map links.

Alternatively you can copy books onto the device using the included micro USB cable.

anybody hack one of these into a wireless bridge? would make a nice emergency internet connection for life

My 9 year old daughter has a kindle keyboard with wifi and 3G. Although it is slow on 3G and a little cumbersome to navigate, it is free mobile internet access for life. While my wife is driving, my daughter can look things up for her from the backseat. It has been very useful in this regard.

The same seller has the Kindle Keyboard 3G refurb for 20 bucks more--a much better product (better screen, more compact, 3g or wifi web, etc): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazon-Kindle-Keyboard-4GB-Wi-Fi-3G-Unlo...

In 4 1, thx

nm

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.