• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Free store pickup or free ship for RZ members. Good reviews and comes with bluetooth.

Best Buy
See Best Buy promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Panasonic SC-HTB-350
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is just what I was looking for. I picked one up tonight and just set it up. Looks great, sounds great and at a great price. In addition to the Bluetooth streaming, this has 2 optical inputs and 1 analog (RCA) input. It does not include the optical cable, so I am listening through the analog input. I just ordered 2 optical cables from Monoprice.

Review: might be something to checkout if considering use of the Bluetooth: http://www.digitaltrends.com/sound-bar-reviews/panasonic-sc-htb350-review/

Keep in mind that this is the cheapest version from them - and does not come with Viera Link.

No HDMI

i almost jumped on it until i noticed that. Only 2 optical inputs and no HDMI....deal breaker. Still a good price for those don't mind though.

iamthejosh said:   i almost jumped on it until i noticed that. Only 2 optical inputs and no HDMI....deal breaker. Still a good price for those don't mind though.

I'm not educated about this, but HDMI would provide better sounds?

quangdaika said:   iamthejosh said:   i almost jumped on it until i noticed that. Only 2 optical inputs and no HDMI....deal breaker. Still a good price for those don't mind though.

I'm not educated about this, but HDMI would provide better sounds?

for a 2.1 system? not really.

HDMI inputs, while they can be a convenient way to output HD audio and video, are also about connecting other devices. Say you have a Roku box, your TV, and a blu-ray player - unless you pipe TV audio output to the soundbar using optical out, it would be inconvenient to connect output from all these devices via the soundbar. If you can pipe audio output from your TV to the Soundbar, and just use your TV for connecting all the input devices, you'd be ok. Just my 2c

simplyforjunk said:   HDMI inputs, while they can be a convenient way to output HD audio and video, are also about connecting other devices. Say you have a Roku box, your TV, and a blu-ray player - unless you pipe TV audio output to the soundbar using optical out, it would be inconvenient to connect output from all these devices via the soundbar. If you can pipe audio output from your TV to the Soundbar, and just use your TV for connecting all the input devices, you'd be ok. Just my 2c

Exactly. Plug the optical out of your TV into the soundbar, and then sound from whatever you are watching automagically gets fed to the soundbar. I have HDMI from my satellite box, DVD player and Roku going directly into the TV, and then the audio out of the TV going to the soundbar. I prefer not to run everything into the soundbar and then to the TV.

oh cool - i didn't realize that. makes total sense. thanks

It's not the top of the line, but it also doesn't carry a top of the line price tag. I tried the stand alone soundbars with "built in subwoofers" and hardly noticed a difference from my TV speakers. This is a way to get quality sound depth from your entertainment system AND have the ease of being able to jam some tunes from your phone or computer without plugging it in. No HDMI may be a deal breaker for some, but if you have audio outs on your TV there shouldn't a noticeable loss of quality. Most importantly, it's the cheapest soundbar system I could find with a dedicated sub and Bluetooth that didn't have mostly negative reviews.

dead

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014