Video System Standard ATSC/NTSC/CLEAR QAM
Digital TV Input Format 1080p (Native), 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i
Connections
Audio Input RCA Stereo Audio (Shared)
Audio Output 5.1 SPDIF Digital Coaxial Audio
Video Input RF, Component, Composite, HDMI (x3);15-pin PC VGA
Speaker Output 10W x 2 Premium Sound Powered by SRS
Certifications CE, ETL, HDMI, FCC
Unit Dimension (WHD) with base: 45.2"W x 29.3"H x 9.8"D / without base : 45.2"W x 27.1"H x 1.8"D
Unit Weight (LB) 50.9

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

When does the $399 price happen...? Green OP, I need a second monitor, big screen, as I am in software development and want both of my dual screens over 40"... but I can't get this at $399 yet. This may be the "last straw" for me to move out west if it's another Fry's B&M only.

Anyone near a Fry's that needs a C# or java developer? Haha, that would be awesome.

Seems to available foe free shipping at the same price.

It IS free shipping. But I'm not pulling the trigger until they have CB :}

I believe Coby is one of the less reliable brands out there. Bought 2 of their products in the last few year, DVD player with screen worked about 2 weeks, then wouldn't read DVDs anymore, an MP3 player a few weeks ago, lasted about one hour, then just quit playing, wouldn't recharge or be recognized by my laptop when plugged in via USB. I won't buy another item from them, I certainly have never heard anything positive about their products.

got one for parents, i hope they won't mind replacing their 32 inch

399? cool... but am looking a 42''.. thanks op

It appears Coby finally changed their warranty. It used to be 90 days only, however looking at their website, it appears it is a full year parts and labor for screens 40" and up.

This deal just got hotter.

I've been looking for a deal like this. I would just feel shame owning a Coby. I found this and I think it will make me feel a lot better about owning this TV:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Sony-Emblem-Sticker-Badge-5-2-x...

Thanks OP!

----------------------
Update: $24.94 Tax for me in IL kills the deal for me. I think I will wait for a better deal on a name brand TV from Amazon.

ragedogg69 said:   It appears Coby finally changed their warranty. It used to be 90 days only, however looking at their website, it appears it is a full year parts and labor for screens 40" and up.

If you are a Costco member why not get a $30 three year SquareTrade warranty to go along with this?

evilwon said:   ragedogg69 said:   It appears Coby finally changed their warranty. It used to be 90 days only, however looking at their website, it appears it is a full year parts and labor for screens 40" and up.

If you are a Costco member why not get a $30 three year SquareTrade warranty to go along with this?

Quite honestly, I would rather just use my AMEX to get an extended warranty for free. My previously dealings with AMEX on warranty where the OEM is not following through, (which Coby may or may not do)was simply AMEX giving me 100% of my money back and I kept the malfunctioning (but still usable) part.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat13504&type=page&pa...

I got the Toshiba 39L22U 39 inch 1080p LED very recently for $399 I am happy with it. It's a very new model though, not a lot of reviews, but so far so good.

would probably cost more than $ 399 to fix a 50" flat-panel TV ...
in for (1)
$ 399 shipped
(no tax added for Wisconsin)
(no Frys in this state)

Coby? No thanks.

"Available in-store only" even though item identifies as free shipping. OOS in my area. I actually had this item in my cart earlier today, but it was unavailable at checkout.

3x hdmi, very tempting for my new place.

eek coby.

robasha4 said:   Got decent reviews on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Coby-LEDTV5028-50-Inch-1080p-Black/dp/B007...

What is interesting, the 7 ratings are all 4s and 5s, not anything lower.

Screw Fry's. Their "buy online and pickup in store" is a joke. Of the last 10 things I ordered from Fry's online, they called me within 30 minutes to tell me it didn't exist on 9 of them. (The 10th they waited until I got into the store.) I only attempt to order something just to keep the streak alive. I don't believe for a second I'll ever get it.

RegUSPatOff said:   would probably cost more than $ 399 to fix a 50" flat-panel TV ...
in for (1)
$ 399 shipped
(no Frys in this state)

Well, if there truly is no free shipping (and I can't imagine there would be as it would probably cost a bare minimum of $50 to ship this thing acrossed the country) then are you really in ?

cyfan said:   Screw Fry's. Their "buy online and pickup in store" is a joke........
Their "we'll match any online price" guarantee is an even bigger joke.

redgtxdi said:   RegUSPatOff said:   would probably cost more than $ 399 to fix a 50" flat-panel TV ...
in for (1)
$ 399 shipped
(no Frys in this state)

Well, if there truly is no free shipping (and I can't imagine there would be as it would probably cost a bare minimum of $50 to ship this thing acrossed the country) then are you really in ?

placed order before the "shipping" was out of stock

order tracking
order info
Order Number: ------
Order Date: JAN 12, 2013 11: -- AM
E-mail: -------

shipping info billing info
Ship Method: Freight Delivery Payment Method: MasterCard: ****

Shipped To:
------
United States
Billed To:
------
United States

order shipping status

Item Status Item# Product Name Qty Unit Price Total
In Process ----- Coby LEDTV5028 50" Class (50" Actual Diagonal Size) 1080p 60Hz LED TV 1 $399.00 $399.00

Thanks again for placing your order with us! Subtotal: $399.00

Net Product: $399.00
Shipping and Handling: $0.00
Shipping Savings: -$129.99
Sales Tax: $0.00

Order Total: $399.00
In-stock items which indicate having shipped are currently with our carrier.
If a tracking number is provided above, click "Track It" for further information.
Note: If your order does not arrive the day you expected and the tracking number is not available, please contact us.

I wish everyone would quit talking about colby. I'm craving a grilled cheese right now.

RegUSPatOff said:   redgtxdi said:   RegUSPatOff said:   would probably cost more than $ 399 to fix a 50" flat-panel TV ...
in for (1)
$ 399 shipped
(no Frys in this state)

placed order before the "shipping" was out of stock

order tracking
order info
Order Number: ------
Order Date: JAN 12, 2013 11: -- AM
E-mail: -------

shipping info billing info
Ship Method: Freight Delivery Payment Method: MasterCard: ****

Shipped To:
------
United States
Billed To:
------
United States

order shipping status

Item Status Item# Product Name Qty Unit Price Total
In Process ----- Coby LEDTV5028 50" Class (50" Actual Diagonal Size) 1080p 60Hz LED TV 1 $399.00 $399.00

Thanks again for placing your order with us! Subtotal: $399.00

Net Product: $399.00
Shipping and Handling: $0.00
Shipping Savings: -$129.99
Sales Tax: $0.00

Order Total: $399.00
In-stock items which indicate having shipped are currently with our carrier.
If a tracking number is provided above, click "Track It" for further information.
Note: If your order does not arrive the day you expected and the tracking number is not available, please contact us.
I got the same, shows shipped with today's date and a tracking number. I'll believe it when it's here and it works for >90 days. LOL.

I wouldnt pay 50 bucks for that piece of junk.

Part Number: LEDTV5028

Release Date: September 28, 2012

Coby LEDTV5028 price history @ CNET.com

Shows 700 for me now.

youicide said:   Shows 700 for me now.
one day only sale
they went fast

c3688t said:   I got the same, shows shipped with today's date and a tracking number. I'll believe it when it's here and it works for >90 days. LOL.
from Frys email
Additionally, televisions 50" or larger and any item exceeding 150lbs will ship through an alternate carrier.

Got a local phone call today from CEVA FREIGHT MG
to set up a delivery date when item arrives locally (Milwaukee, WI)

CEVA Trak Enter number
http://www.cevalogistics.com/en-US/whatweoffer/FreightManagement/Pages/default.aspx

RegUSPatOff said:   c3688t said:   I got the same, shows shipped with today's date and a tracking number. I'll believe it when it's here and it works for >90 days. LOL.
from Frys email
Additionally, televisions 50" or larger and any item exceeding 150lbs will ship through an alternate carrier.

Got a local phone call today from CEVA FREIGHT MG
to set up a delivery date when item arrives locally (Milwaukee, WI)

CEVA Trak Enter number
http://www.cevalogistics.com/en-US/whatweoffer/FreightManagement/Pages/default.aspx
Thanks a ton, was able to see my order shippment with them as well. Went from Menphis to LA, at least that is what it looks like. I'm in Boise area, so will likely take a few more days. Hope you like yours and it lasts.

scheduled delivery Monday 1/21/2013
between 7AM and 11 AM

whoo whoo
arrived at 7AM

RegUSPatOff said:   scheduled delivery Monday 1/21/2013
between 7AM and 11 AM

whoo whoo
arrived at 7AM
What's your first on it?

c3688t said:   What's your first on it?
what ? ?

Nice product but quite expensive.

lesliemorris said:   Nice product but quite expensive.
? ?
$ 399 w/ free shipping
(one day only)

RegUSPatOff said:   lesliemorris said:   Nice product but quite expensive.
? ?
$ 399 w/ free shipping
(one day only)

Let me think about it.

lesliemorris said:   RegUSPatOff said:   lesliemorris said:   Nice product but quite expensive.
? ?
$ 399 w/ free shipping
(one day only)

Let me think about it.

not much to think about ..
offer expired 10 days ago ..

Skipping 4 Messages...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014