• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
T-Mobile LG Optimus L9 No annual Contract $200 + Free Shipping + $50 prepaid card

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-phone/LG-Optimus-L9-N...

T-Mobile
See T-Mobile coupons that earn Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

LG Optimus L9 (43.08kB)
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
i purchased this prepaid phone, it's on my FatWallet Cash Back account, merchant reported but no CashBack? is it because... (more)

cheapassme (Feb. 21, 2013 @ 5:04a) |

Is this quad band? Can I unlock this to use in Europe?

ingenue007 (Feb. 21, 2013 @ 7:46a) |

If you care about Android updates, keep in mind that Nexus 4 will probably get all of them for the foreseeable future, a... (more)

asuka (Feb. 21, 2013 @ 9:42a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › LG

Good deal. Looking for a good 4 inch phone though, 4.5 is too big for me.

I don't see the free $50 card.

I don't see the prepaid card either. Consider changing the title to say "off-contract" instead of "no annual contract". Seems like a good deal though.

50 service value delivered as $50 refill card with device purchase. ( at the bottom of the order page)

Do not get this phone. It only has 4 GB of internal storage. That wouldn't be a problem if could install to an added SD card, but for some idiotic reason, LG blocked this ability. Don't waste your money.

skmayer said:   Do not get this phone. It only has 4 GB of internal storage. That wouldn't be a problem if could install to an added SD card, but for some idiotic reason, LG blocked this ability. Don't waste your money.
You can get around that with rooting it and a little work.

Great. Ordered one for my new $30 plan.


Thanks OP!

still do not get it. how do you get the $50 refill card?

I heard it has a TFT screen? Deal breaker for me.

Got it for wife for christmas with the same deal. This is by far the hottest phone for this price. It dwarfs her previous LG Optimus T and my sons Exhibit II. Very responsive, beautiful large screen. I was afraid it would be to big for her small hands but she fell in love with it instantly.


Edit:
Tried to buy another one but no $50 refill card anywhere shown. Bummer

do you have to buy data plan if use this phone with old $30/mo plan? i mean i do not need internet for now

foxcroft said:   do you have to buy data plan if use this phone with old $30/mo plan? i mean i do not need internet for now

Last time I bought it no plan had to be selected. I just wanted a new phone for my existing prepaid account. The only issue I ran into was that this phone is using a micro SIM card. So after some googling and watching few Youtube videos found a way to trim my old style SIM from my previous phone with scissors. Looked little scary but actually wasn't then slipped it into the new L9 and voilą.

Saw this phone at Best Buy and it looked cheap like a toy.

skmayer said:   Do not get this phone. It only has 4 GB of internal storage. That wouldn't be a problem if could install to an added SD card, but for some idiotic reason, LG blocked this ability. Don't waste your money.

Online storage such as Box or Dropbox would handle that concern.

I just bought this phone. My old one was a mytouch 4g. This L9 is really sweet for just $215(retail + tax + shipping) to my door. I used Tmobile online chat to transfer my number to the microsim. Took 5 minutes.

This phone is much lighter than my old phone. I suppose that might make people think it is cheaper. I disagree. The back of the phone feels like a composite material basketball or football. It holds in one hand much better than the mytouch 4g. The screen is an IPS panel. It's much crisper, larger, and faster than my old phone.

I'm rooting it today. The big two drawbacks to this phone from user reviews are 4GB of internal storage and the lack of LED alerts for new txts, emails, calls, etc. Only about half is available for use for a stock phone from Tmobile. Bring your own SD card, but isn't this something you should do with any android phone? I know I've always used an SD card.

I'll post some thoughts after rooting it and loading my own roms onto it. I'd like to see how small I can get the stock rom and software to use of the 4GB internal memory.

The reviews that I read describe this droid as basically designed for the corporate crowd. It's not flashy, but it has most every feature you would want along with longer battery life.

If the Nexus 4 was not out of stock I would have purchased it. The LG Optimus L9(LG-P769) is a great buy at $215 with a $50 refill card. After I sell my mytouch 4g and the refill card I figure my net upgrade cost will be about zero.

collije said:   skmayer said:   Do not get this phone. It only has 4 GB of internal storage. That wouldn't be a problem if could install to an added SD card, but for some idiotic reason, LG blocked this ability. Don't waste your money.

Online storage such as Box or Dropbox would handle that concern.

Incorrect for a few reasons, it won't let you install apps to the external card by default. Online storage doesn't help with that at all and you would need data to access the online storage.

Pictures and videos can be storage to the external card by default.

When I ordered the phone on Jan 10, it was showing it with 50 refill card. But next day when I checked it, the refill card promotion was gone from the website. I end up calling TMo and after talking with some one in sales department, they gave a $50 refill card code!!! I haven't received it yet but looking forward to replace my Samsung Exhibit II.

Sania said:   When I ordered the phone on Jan 10, it was showing it with 50 refill card. But next day when I checked it, the refill card promotion was gone from the website. I end up calling TMo and after talking with some one in sales department, they gave a $50 refill card code!!! I haven't received it yet but looking forward to replace my Samsung Exhibit II.I had to do this too. The online chat support was unable to help me receive the $50 refill card. You have to call to request it. They gave me the number 800-866-2453.

called.. no problem. credit to card used $50

Why not just buy Nexus 4?

docjoo said:   Why not just buy Nexus 4?
OOS at Google for who knows how long.

Why not just buy Nexus 4?


Nexus costs twice ($299 vs ($199-50)).

Not a bad deal

can it be used with pay-as-you-go plan?

lacerdo said:   can it be used with pay-as-you-go plan?

Yes, I'm using it with the $30 100 min/Unlimited data pay as you go plan.

tomprc said:   I heard it has a TFT screen? Deal breaker for me.

Wrong. It is IPS.

rajesh01 said:   tomprc said:   I heard it has a TFT screen? Deal breaker for me.

Wrong. It is IPS.


seems like there are 2 versions: T-Mobile and "international". T-Mobile one uses TFT in order to be cheap. Here is the link on lg.com for T-Mobile version.


It's very confusion. And I don't have the phone. So I can't tell.

tomprc said:   rajesh01 said:   tomprc said:   I heard it has a TFT screen? Deal breaker for me.

Wrong. It is IPS.


seems like there are 2 versions: T-Mobile and "international". T-Mobile one uses TFT in order to be cheap. Here is the link on lg.com for T-Mobile version.


It's very confusion. And I don't have the phone. So I can't tell.


Hmm...interesting. I've got this from tmonews and this is what it says. 4.7″ IPS TFT 854 x 480 display

IPS TFT. I am confused too.

No $50 service refill card, seem like dead already.

how is it compared to htc evo v?

rajesh01 said:   
Hmm...interesting. I've got this from tmonews and this is what it says. 4.7″ IPS TFT 854 x 480 display

IPS TFT. I am confused too.


do you have the view angle issue if the brightness is not at the max?

tomprc said:   rajesh01 said:   
Hmm...interesting. I've got this from tmonews and this is what it says. 4.7″ IPS TFT 854 x 480 display

IPS TFT. I am confused too.


do you have the view angle issue if the brightness is not at the max?


I've been using this phone for few days and kept the brightness slightly higher than 50% and viewing angle is OK. No issues.

Deal expired. Rang T-Mobile and tried online chat - they won't honor the deal.

tomprc said:   I heard it has a TFT screen? Deal breaker for me.

The panel is not an IPS, but still good enough.

peterboord said:   Deal expired. Rang T-Mobile and tried online chat - they won't honor the deal.

The promotion for the additional $50 GC should be expired in 2 days ago.


The promotion for the additional $50 GC should be expired in 2 days ago.


At the bottom of the page, It still says. You may get the $50 credit if you call,

$50 service value delivered as $50 refill card with device purchase.

f2000sa said:   The promotion for the additional $50 GC should be expired in 2 days ago.


At the bottom of the page, It still says. You may get the $50 credit if you call,

$50 service value delivered as $50 refill card with device purchase.


Unfortunately, their rep will tell you the $50 GC is no longer available if you can contact T-Mobile over online chat now.

Cenbit said:   The panel is not an IPS, but still good enough.I'm not really sure if this is correct. I can find sources that say it is TFT, IPS, and IPS TFT. Looking at the screen right now it looks like an IPS. It's much too sharp to be a TFT.

Skipping 21 Messages...
If you care about Android updates, keep in mind that Nexus 4 will probably get all of them for the foreseeable future, and the L9 will get few if any. Just citing LG's track record here...



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014