• Go to page :
  • 12 3 4
  • Text Only
VivYip said:   rebate offer for multipurpose ream 12-43943


Promotion: $6.99 Rebate on Staples 8.5x11 Multipurpose Paper Ream (513099) at Staples Stores ONLY
Rebate reward: PayPal
Rebate Check
Valid purchase dates: 01/13/13 through 01/19/13
Must be submitted by: Purchase Date Plus 60 Days
Promotion details:
Purchase must be made between 01/13/13 and 01/19/13. Requests MUST be submitted online or postmarked within 60 days from date of purchase. To submit online go to www.stapleseasyrebates.com and follow the instructions. To mail rebate Staples STORE PURCHASE: Send ONLY the completed ORIGINAL rebate redemption form printed from the cash register, the ORIGINAL submission form printed from www.stapleseasyrebates.com, or the ORIGINAL PDF submission form provided by a Staples store. Offer valid in US only. Good for actual purchases by end users; excludes resellers and distributors of products and their families. You should receive your rebate within 4-6 weeks after claim is received. All rebates will be made in US dollars. We are not responsible for lost or misdirected mail and illegible entries. Staples logo and product names are trademarks of Staples and their respective companies. Limit 1 rebate per name/address/household. For questions about your rebate call 1-877-266-6483. Fraudulent submissions could result in federal prosecution under the U.S. Mail Fraud Statutes (18 USC, Section 1341 & 1342). Keep a copy of your documents for future reference.


I bought Staples 8.5x11 Multipurpose Paper Ream (513099) tonight but no rebate receipt printed out for it. I used rewards to pay for the purchase. Since I knew the offer number from this thread, I tried just to enter the rebate number and my receipt information online but it gave me this error message:

Sorry! This product is not eligible for online submission.

To submit your rebate, you must mail in the rebate form, along with any additional required information. For rebate products purchased in store, follow the instructions on the rebate redemption form you got at the register. For rebate products purchased by catalog or online, find your rebate product at Staples.comŪ and print out a rebate form from the product page.


What am I supposed to do now? I guess I will be calling Staples Easy Rebates tomorrow to get this cleared up.

just try submitting the rebate again tomorrow.

(This happened to me when I did the $15 Staples GC/$100 Visa/MC promo...it was a temporary "mail-in-rebate" for 2 hours...it was a close call for me as I even had a stamp ready on the envelope before i saw a pst that said it's online submission okay again)

MrVietnam said:   I bought Staples 8.5x11 Multipurpose Paper Ream (513099) tonight but no rebate receipt printed out for it.

Is the NI SKU 866957 on your receipt?

MrVietnam said:   ...I bought Staples 8.5x11 Multipurpose Paper Ream (513099) tonight but no rebate receipt printed out for it...Did they enter the dummy sku on the receipt as a sku? Or did they try to do it as a coupon and thus no rebate?

mathfaster said:   MrVietnam said:   ...I bought Staples 8.5x11 Multipurpose Paper Ream (513099) tonight but no rebate receipt printed out for it...Did they enter the dummy sku on the receipt as a sku? Or did they try to do it as a coupon and thus no rebate?

That is probably the problem. I was unaware that you had to use a dummy SKU coupon to get the rebate. I knew there was a dummy SKU coupon for Hammermill, but I looked at the rebate offer for the Staples ream and it didn't say anything about having to have a dummy SKU. Where can I get the dummy SKU coupon to trigger the rebate? I paid with rewards (first time I used this rewards check) and they gave me a balance coupon at the end of the transaction. If I return the paper and rebuy using the dummy SKU coupon, will it work or will I lose that money in rewards?

EDIT: OK. I found where the dummy SKU coupon was and I printed it out, but what about my rewards question. If I return the ream of paper and rebuy it using the dummy SKU, can I still use the same rewards?

MrVietnam said:   ...That is probably the problem. I was unaware that you had to use a dummy SKU coupon to get the rebate? I knew there was a dummy SKU coupon for Hammermill, but I looked at the rebate offer for the Staples ream and it didn't say anything about having to have a dummy SKU? Where can I get the dummy SKU coupon to trigger the rebate? I paid with rewards (first time I used this rewards check) and they gave me a balance coupon at the end of the transaction. If I return the paper and rebuy using the dummy SKU coupon, will it work or will I lose that money in rewards?If you return the paper you will get a refund coupon. You will not lose the rewards. The "coupon" is here: http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/coupons/?icid=HDC:HDC:DROPDOWN:WE...

mathfaster said:   MrVietnam said:   ...That is probably the problem. I was unaware that you had to use a dummy SKU coupon to get the rebate? I knew there was a dummy SKU coupon for Hammermill, but I looked at the rebate offer for the Staples ream and it didn't say anything about having to have a dummy SKU? Where can I get the dummy SKU coupon to trigger the rebate? I paid with rewards (first time I used this rewards check) and they gave me a balance coupon at the end of the transaction. If I return the paper and rebuy using the dummy SKU coupon, will it work or will I lose that money in rewards?If you return the paper you will get a refund coupon. You will not lose the rewards. The "coupon" is here: http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/coupons/?icid=HDC:HDC:DROPDOWN:WE...

Thanks. Off to Staples I go...

My photo paper coupons wouldn't scan after using the $10 off $50 office supply mobile app coupon. Didn't push it, used the $10 since it was a better deal. Got 4 photo papers, 1 Staples ream, 1 hammermill ream. Paid with rewards, so no tax. $3.00 even profit.

metsfan said:   My photo paper coupons wouldn't scan after using the $10 off $50 office supply mobile app coupon. Didn't push it, used the $10 since it was a better deal. Got 4 photo papers, 1 Staples ream, 1 hammermill ream. Paid with rewards, so no tax. $3.00 even profit.I had this issue this past summer when they had a coupon that made the ream paper FAR. When they reversed the order it worked. I did relatively the same transaction this past Sunday and skipped the photo paper coupon as I could not remember the order to prevent the issue you had.

What a nightmare. I went back to the Staples and talked with the same cashier that rang me up to begin with and I explained to her I forget to bring the dummy SKU coupon to make the ream of paper FAR and I asked her if I could ring up the order again, this time using the dummy SKU coupon. She pointed out that I didn't pay anything for it to begin with, but she called the manager to assist. The manager who helped me, actually he is a general manager, looked at the receipt and said the same thing the cashier said. That I didn't pay anything for the ream of paper in the first place. I told them that I did. I used rewards and I had to pay out my money to get the rewards, but he didn't buy it. So then I asked him if I could return the paper then and get my money back. He refunded the paper but I did NOT get any rewards back. The manager stood there stumped for a while. Then he decided to void the entire sale (I bought several products) and ring them all again but this time without the ream of paper. He overrode my initial rewards coupon so he could apply it again. That worked out fine but when they were all done I still didn't get any money back in rewards for the ream paper that was now not a part of the order. He was once again stumped. I then had the bright idea that he could just return the ream of paper without a receipt and I could get a store credit. He accepted the idea, so I got back $6.99 plus tax on a store credit. He then said when I want to use the balance coupon I got from the original purchase that I need to use it at his store because he will have to override it. I asked him how he knew he would have to override it. He said because my $50 rewards coupon he had to override, so he just imagined the balance coupon he would have to override too.

For some reason the people at Staples think that just because you pay for something with rewards that it means you didn't pay anything. It is just the opposite. I had to pay out money to get the rewards. They don't just give them to you.

I am afraid next week if I bring the balance coupon (it is for $29.52) to his store and he has to override it and I buy 2 packs of the FAR $14.99 photo paper, he might not like it because he might use that old line that I didn't pay anything, but maybe it will work because I will pay for it first with rewards and the rebate receipts won't print out until the end of the transaction.

Does anyone know from what I described in my circumstance why a balance coupon did not print out after he tried to return the ream paper? And when I try to use my balance coupon from the original purchase, will it work if I go to another store that isn't quite so anal about things? I am a little worried if I go to another store to use the balance coupon and it doesn't work, they might think I am trying to defraud them or something.

EDIT: I will still get my ream of Staples paper FAR using the dummy SKU by going to another Staples store and paying with my store credit card they gave me, so that way I will get the ream of paper and be able to monetize my store credit. I guess my only concern now is whether my refund coupon from the original purchase will scan fine or if I will be forced to go back to the Staples where the general manager "helped" me tonight.

last time same thing happened to me. the manager seemed to know why: he said when the order total is $0, the return will produce nothing. it's their stupid IT system again. but i was not sure he was right.

MrVietnam said:   For some reason the people at Staples think that just because you pay for something with rewards that it means you didn't pay anything.Irrespective of what wording an employee may use, the way Staples is set up, the rewards don't count towards the bottom line of sales for the store, as if it's the manager's "fault". This is precisely why some of them are less than gracious.

MrVietnam said:   Does anyone know from what I described in my circumstance why a balance coupon did not print out after he tried to return the ream paper? And when I try to use my balance coupon from the original purchase, will it work if I go to another store that isn't quite so anal about things?Among other scenarios, the following can be reasons for it not printing:
- the return was made too soon after the original purchase (their update is slow).
- coupon was generated upon return, re-used (by manager), and return attempted a second time.
- the same can happen with a partial return, re-buy, etc.
best is to do a clean and complete return after at least 15 minutes of purchase.

the balance coupon from the original purchase will be good elsewhere as well.

aarzi said:    the balance coupon from the original purchase will be good elsewhere as well.

Even though he voided the original sale (rewards included)? So when someone voids a sale that you used rewards (and got a balance coupon from), the balance coupon still works? It won't get voided also? When the manager reused my original rewards coupon he had to override it because the system did not want to accept it again even though the original purchase was voided out. It will be interesting next week when I buy the FAR photo paper using that balance coupon at another Staples to see if it goes through beepless or not. If it does beep I will just take it back to the original Staples where the GM was that helped me.

MrVietnam said:   aarzi said:    the balance coupon from the original purchase will be good elsewhere as well.

Even though he voided the original sale (rewards included)? So when someone voids a sale that you used rewards (and got a balance coupon from), the balance coupon still works? It won't get voided also? When the manager reused my original rewards coupon he had to override it because the system did not want to accept it again even though the original purchase was voided out. It will be interesting next week when I buy the FAR photo paper using that balance coupon at another Staples to see if it goes through beepless or not. If it does beep I will just take it back to the original Staples where the GM was that helped me.
I suggest you take the balance coupon and add it to an online order where the price of the product covers the amount of the balance coupon and see if the balance coupon is still good. Don't complete the transaction but enter the rewards and see what comes up. Then delete the rewards from the cart.

aarzi said:   MrVietnam said:   Does anyone know from what I described in my circumstance why a balance coupon did not print out after he tried to return the ream paper? And when I try to use my balance coupon from the original purchase, will it work if I go to another store that isn't quite so anal about things?Among other scenarios, the following can be reasons for it not printing:
- the return was made too soon after the original purchase (their update is slow).
- coupon was generated upon return, re-used (by manager), and return attempted a second time.
- the same can happen with a partial return, re-buy, etc.
best is to do a clean and complete return after at least 15 minutes of purchase.

the balance coupon from the original purchase will be good elsewhere as well.
There are two ways to do a return with the first usually being preferred and recommended in most posts dealing with returns. I think the best solution depends on the circumstance of the return.

1. Do the return as a separate transaction on its own not as an all-in-one return/rebuy. Then do the rebuy as its own transaction. The downside to this way of doing it is any coupons on the return become void. Rewards should be returned as a "refund" coupon if they are not expired.

2. Do the return as an all-in-one return/rebuy in one single transaction. Any coupons used in the original transaction are reversed and reapplied (as long as they are not expired I assume) to the rebuy. Including any price matches on the original transaction. Not sure about rewards as I have only done one of these types of returns and it did not include any rewards. My guess is that they would be reversed and reapplied as well but this is just a guess.

AFAIK, there should not be any issues doing a return within 15 minutes of a purchase. I did one last week within a minute of the previous one when they forgot to include my rewards number on the original transaction. That causes its own issues but is not relevant to this discussion. Also, did not address rebates under each of these scenarios as that can bring its own problems depending on circumstances.

The 15-minute recommendation is when rewards are used in the original transaction.

aarzi said:   The 15-minute recommendation is when rewards are used in the original transaction.Good to know. Returns are not all that simple necessarily when rewards and/or rebates are involved and rebuys are involved.

MrVietnam said:   Does anyone know from what I described in my circumstance why a balance coupon did not print out after he tried to return the ream paper? And when I try to use my balance coupon from the original purchase, will it work if I go to another store that isn't quite so anal about things? I am a little worried if I go to another store to use the balance coupon and it doesn't work, they might think I am trying to defraud them or something.If you use a balance coupon to pay for multiple items, and return only one of the items purchased, you will not receive a refund coupon for the amount applied to the returned item(s). You must return EVERY item in a purchase with the balance coupon in order to receive a refund coupon in the identical value as the original balance or refund coupon. This is because balance & refund coupons (unlike statements) cannot be split into smaller coupons. However, Mathfaster's return/rebuy scenerio (in the same transaction) should work fine to transfer the balance onto any new item.

I'm sorta newbie in the Staples stuff, so sorry for dumb question.
I see that the limit for $1 after easy rebate for Staples photo plus paper is 4/customer.
The limit for Free after easy rebate coupon for the same item is 1/customer.
Is this mean if I go to 4 different Staples or do 4 transactions with that coupon I can have 4 FAER photo paper or would my Staples reward stop the coupon for working after the first transaction and make the last 3 to be $1 after SER?
I'm still starting so hopefully I can be a premier member before end of year through all the free after rebates purchases
thanks for the pointer

bobibud said:   I'm sorta newbie in the Staples stuff, so sorry for dumb question.
I see that the limit for $1 after easy rebate for Staples photo plus paper is 4/customer.
The limit for Free after easy rebate coupon for the same item is 1/customer.
Is this mean if I go to 4 different Staples or do 4 transactions with that coupon I can have 4 FAER photo paper or would my Staples reward stop the coupon for working after the first transaction and make the last 3 to be $1 after SER?
I'm still starting so hopefully I can be a premier member before end of year through all the free after rebates purchases
thanks for the pointer
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1250921/m17489260/#m17...

mathfaster said:   bobibud said:   I'm sorta newbie in the Staples stuff, so sorry for dumb question.
I see that the limit for $1 after easy rebate for Staples photo plus paper is 4/customer.
The limit for Free after easy rebate coupon for the same item is 1/customer.
Is this mean if I go to 4 different Staples or do 4 transactions with that coupon I can have 4 FAER photo paper or would my Staples reward stop the coupon for working after the first transaction and make the last 3 to be $1 after SER?
I'm still starting so hopefully I can be a premier member before end of year through all the free after rebates purchases
thanks for the pointer
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1250921/m17489260/#m17...


thanks for the quick response! I hope my Staples would let me use 4 of those coupons in 1 transaction (reading the fine print of Limit 1/customer, that might be YMMV? I guess I'll try)

I had no problem getting the cashier to scan my coupon four times.

are people getting a bar code on the coupons? When I try and print them I only get the text with no graphics and no barcode.

harry12345 said:   are people getting a bar code on the coupons? When I try and print them I only get the text with no graphics and no barcode.The one you can print from the Tuesday email blast has a bar code. The one from the DEALS drop down/coupons link on Staples.com does not.

Thanks mathfaster. For some reason I don't get the emails from Staples.

Rebate update - My rebates submitted between 11/28 and 12/30 now show [Your reward has been sent.] for a GC or [Check has been printed/mailed.]. The clock is now ticking!

Dano

This thread is totally confusing this week! :+) So if I am getting it right, the two free paper/photo papers coupons aren't working right and not generating the rebates? About to head that way and trying to figure out if I should just forget it

macdough said:   This thread is totally confusing this week! :+) So if I am getting it right, the two free paper/photo papers coupons aren't working right and not generating the rebates? About to head that way and trying to figure out if I should just forget it

Actually they are working, as long as you buy the right ones and have the dummy SKU coupon or other coupon with you when you buy. Just remember to get the Staples ream paper and not the Hammermill ream.

macdough said:   This thread is totally confusing this week! :+) So if I am getting it right, the two free paper/photo papers coupons aren't working right and not generating the rebates? About to head that way and trying to figure out if I should just forget it


only the ream paper has been the issue. photo paper is fine, just acts as a $1 off coupon, lowering price to $8.99, rebate for $8.99 prints out as it should.

OK thanks!

Has there been any word on a fix for those of us who bought the Hammermill?

LorenPechtel said:   Has there been any word on a fix for those of us who bought the Hammermill?


no fix (other than calling the office of the Pres. to try and get a $3 compensation).

just have to do a total return and rebuy and start over with the rebate form on the Staples Multipurpose paper.

Bought the Staples paper, used the coupon in first post of this thread. Got the photo paper, also with Q. Rebate printed on both just fine.

billrubin said:   jqsmooth said:   
Well, that's good to know for Staples. It was for OD FAR deals earlier in the month. I'm gonna have to check the OD website for T&C. Thanks though!

From OD site:
Rewards Certificates may be redeemed on purchases of merchandise only, which excludes any type of prepaid gift, merchandise, debit, phone, service or other stored value card or device.

I think you can at OD.
OD Rewards definitely work for stamps. I cashed out around $100 of Rewards last year for stamps. Much better than paying sales tax to buy software and wait for the rebate.


Gosh, i wish i knew that before. I'd definitely buy the stamps instead of wasting on some usless and overpriced plastic containers.

mathfaster said:    I suggest you take the balance coupon and add it to an online order where the price of the product covers the amount of the balance coupon and see if the balance coupon is still good. Don't complete the transaction but enter the rewards and see what comes up. Then delete the rewards from the cart.

If I do that, add an item to my cart at Staples.com and add my balance coupon for $29.52 (but don't actually finalize the order and then erase the item and balance coupon from my cart), I can still use it at a B&M store, right?

Nevermind, I did like you said and I got this message:

Coupon Already Redeemed.
We're sorry, but our records show that the coupon has already been used. Please correct the coupon code or use another coupon.


So the general manager was right I will have to go back to his store to use my balance coupon next week on the 2 free after rebate photo papers. It shouldn't be a problem as the rebate receipt will only print out after the transaction is over, so they hopefully won't spaz out until it is too late. I hate all the unwanted added attention and scrutiny it is giving me to have to get the general manager involved in my transactions. Since he is the only one that knows about this issue (and the cashier) it will be just hit and miss about having him there to override the rewards. I guess one moral I can learn from this story is to make life simpler try not to return items paid for with rewards.

There is no specific company policy forbidding you to use your rewards on free after rebate items, is there? If a Staples store manager (or general manager) arbitrarily make up rules what is one to do? Same thing about using manufacturer coupons on free after rebate items.

I'm new to Staples. I did the free ream of paper a few weeks back....can I do this one too?

TIA!

eh82 said:   I'm new to Staples. I did the free ream of paper a few weeks back....can I do this one too?

TIA!


Yes, you can. Usually these free ream/photo paper deals are weekly deals. So you can do them weekly if they are offered. For this week though make sure to buy the Staples ream and not Hammermill though (read the thread).

MrVietnam said:   eh82 said:   I'm new to Staples. I did the free ream of paper a few weeks back....can I do this one too?

TIA!


Yes, you can. Usually these free ream/photo paper deals are weekly deals. So you can do them weekly if they are offered. For this week though make sure to buy the Staples ream and not Hammermill though (read the thread).

Great...thank you!

guys... need some help here:

I bought the Staples multi-purpose paper (SKU 513099 on receipt the UPC is 71810328278) 10:30am-ish and made sure the cute cashier had "Staples PAPER OFFER 866957" entered on receipt. And now I just tried to submit the rebate online but was getting this msg:

Sorry! This product is not eligible for online submission.
To submit your rebate, you must mail in the rebate form, along with any additional required information. For rebate products purchased in store, follow the instructions on the rebate redemption form you got at the register. For rebate products purchased by catalog or online, find your rebate product at Staples.comŪ and print out a rebate form from the product page.

furthermore, the rebate is not searchable when either SKU or rebate offer number is used to locate the rebate at stapleseasyrebates.com right now. The direct link in this thread is still working though.

Any thoughts? Thanks



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014