• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
itnewgrad said:   guys... need some help here:

I bought the Staples multi-purpose paper (SKU 513099 on receipt the UPC is 71810328278) 10:30am-ish and made sure the cute cashier had "Staples PAPER OFFER 866957" entered on receipt. And now I just tried to submit the rebate online but was getting this msg:

Sorry! This product is not eligible for online submission.
To submit your rebate, you must mail in the rebate form, along with any additional required information. For rebate products purchased in store, follow the instructions on the rebate redemption form you got at the register. For rebate products purchased by catalog or online, find your rebate product at Staples.comŪ and print out a rebate form from the product page.

furthermore, the rebate is not searchable when either SKU or rebate offer number is used to locate the rebate at stapleseasyrebates.com right now. The direct link in this thread is still working though.

Any thoughts? Thanks
I just submitted for a Thursday purchase without issue. Try again. If it still doesn't work, wait a few hours and try again.

I bought the Staples multi-purpose paper (SKU 513099 on receipt the UPC is 71810328278) 10:30am-ish and made sure the cute cashier had "Staples PAPER OFFER 866957" entered on receipt. And now I just tried to submit the rebate online but was getting this msg:

Sorry! This product is not eligible for online submission.
To submit your rebate, you must mail in the rebate form, along with any additional required information. For rebate products purchased in store, follow the instructions on the rebate redemption form you got at the register. For rebate products purchased by catalog or online, find your rebate product at Staples.comŪ and print out a rebate form from the product page.

furthermore, the rebate is not searchable when either SKU or rebate offer number is used to locate the rebate at stapleseasyrebates.com right now. The direct link in this thread is still working though.

Any thoughts? Thanks

No worries. Same thing happened to me a few days ago. I called the rebate customer service and they said they only allow so many of these rebate submissions for the free paper reams to be entered online per day, so I tried again early the next morning and it worked flawlessly. He said the reason is so as not to overload their server.

Thanks fellows.

MISTERCHEAP said:   LorenPechtel said:   Has there been any word on a fix for those of us who bought the Hammermill?

no fix (other than calling the office of the Pres. to try and get a $3 compensation).

just have to do a total return and rebuy and start over with the rebate form on the Staples Multipurpose paper.

I went back to the store and got them to do a return/rebuy with the price manually adjusted to $3.99. Not sure if that solution will be offered at all Staples or if I just got lucky. The manager told me that the "coupon was issued by mistake", but of course that should be their problem, not ours.

VivYip said:   rebate offer for multipurpose ream 12-43943

Promotion: $6.99 Rebate on Staples 8.5x11 Multipurpose Paper Ream (513099) at Staples Stores ONLY
Rebate reward: PayPal
Rebate Check
Valid purchase dates: 01/13/13 through 01/19/13
Must be submitted by: Purchase Date Plus 60 Days
Promotion details:
Purchase must be made between 01/13/13 and 01/19/13. Requests MUST be submitted online or postmarked within 60 days from date of purchase. To submit online go to www.stapleseasyrebates.com and follow the instructions. To mail rebate Staples STORE PURCHASE: Send ONLY the completed ORIGINAL rebate redemption form printed from the cash register, the ORIGINAL submission form printed from www.stapleseasyrebates.com, or the ORIGINAL PDF submission form provided by a Staples store. Offer valid in US only. Good for actual purchases by end users; excludes resellers and distributors of products and their families. You should receive your rebate within 4-6 weeks after claim is received. All rebates will be made in US dollars. We are not responsible for lost or misdirected mail and illegible entries. Staples logo and product names are trademarks of Staples and their respective companies. Limit 1 rebate per name/address/household. For questions about your rebate call 1-877-266-6483. Fraudulent submissions could result in federal prosecution under the U.S. Mail Fraud Statutes (18 USC, Section 1341 & 1342). Keep a copy of your documents for future reference.

This is getting really irritating. First, the store didn't print out the rebate form so the store manager told me to just submit online. But the problem is that i can't even find this rebate offer online. Typed the offer 12-43943 online saying invalid; searched by SKU only pulled up an expired rebate offer. Enough of nonsense, i'm taking it back tomorrow.

niniss said:   This is getting really irritating. First, the store didn't print out the rebate form so the store manager told me to just submit online. But the problem is that i can't even find this rebate offer online. Typed the offer 12-43943 online saying invalid; searched by SKU only pulled up an expired rebate offer. Enough of nonsense, i'm taking it back tomorrow.

The rebate works only with the non-inventory SKU coupon. It's hidden for a reason.

niniss said:   VivYip said:   rebate offer for multipurpose ream 12-43943

Promotion: $6.99 Rebate on Staples 8.5x11 Multipurpose Paper Ream (513099) at Staples Stores ONLY
Rebate reward: PayPal
Rebate Check
Valid purchase dates: 01/13/13 through 01/19/13
Must be submitted by: Purchase Date Plus 60 Days
Promotion details:
Purchase must be made between 01/13/13 and 01/19/13. Requests MUST be submitted online or postmarked within 60 days from date of purchase. To submit online go to www.stapleseasyrebates.com and follow the instructions. To mail rebate Staples STORE PURCHASE: Send ONLY the completed ORIGINAL rebate redemption form printed from the cash register, the ORIGINAL submission form printed from www.stapleseasyrebates.com, or the ORIGINAL PDF submission form provided by a Staples store. Offer valid in US only. Good for actual purchases by end users; excludes resellers and distributors of products and their families. You should receive your rebate within 4-6 weeks after claim is received. All rebates will be made in US dollars. We are not responsible for lost or misdirected mail and illegible entries. Staples logo and product names are trademarks of Staples and their respective companies. Limit 1 rebate per name/address/household. For questions about your rebate call 1-877-266-6483. Fraudulent submissions could result in federal prosecution under the U.S. Mail Fraud Statutes (18 USC, Section 1341 & 1342). Keep a copy of your documents for future reference.

This is getting really irritating. First, the store didn't print out the rebate form so the store manager told me to just submit online. But the problem is that i can't even find this rebate offer online. Typed the offer 12-43943 online saying invalid; searched by SKU only pulled up an expired rebate offer. Enough of nonsense, i'm taking it back tomorrow.

It's a "coupon" activated rebate. One problem is that the "coupon" must be entered at the cash register as a product not as a coupon. Another problem is that not all Staples employees understand how to scan/enter the "coupon". A third is that most of these "coupon" activated rebates are not included in the search on the rebate website. And of course, without the SKU resulting from a proper scanning/entering of the "coupon", the rebate submission will be invalidated.

bpvh said:   One problem is that the "coupon" must be entered at the cash register as a product not as a coupon.

A coupon has either 5 or 16 digits. A SKU has 6 digits. Is it even possible to mix-up the two?

c3 said:   bpvh said:   One problem is that the "coupon" must be entered at the cash register as a product not as a coupon.

A coupon has either 5 or 16 digits. A SKU has 6 digits. Is it even possible to mix-up the two?
I think there is a key they hit before they scan a coupon and another key if they are entering a sku. They are so used to entering coupons they do it by rote and it screws people up. I have been reminding the cashiers that it is a sku not a coupon and they seem to get it right that way. But yeah the coupon should be 5 or 16 not 6. I don't know how they mess that part of it up.

MrVietnam said:   macdough said:   This thread is totally confusing this week! :+) So if I am getting it right, the two free paper/photo papers coupons aren't working right and not generating the rebates? About to head that way and trying to figure out if I should just forget it

Actually they are working, as long as you buy the right ones and have the dummy SKU coupon or other coupon with you when you buy. Just remember to get the Staples ream paper and not the Hammermill ream.

Not true. I was at the store this afternoon and used the dummy SKU coupon and bought the right Staples ream paper and still didn't print the rebate form... It is a nightmare!

niniss said:   MrVietnam said:   macdough said:   This thread is totally confusing this week! :+) So if I am getting it right, the two free paper/photo papers coupons aren't working right and not generating the rebates? About to head that way and trying to figure out if I should just forget it

Actually they are working, as long as you buy the right ones and have the dummy SKU coupon or other coupon with you when you buy. Just remember to get the Staples ream paper and not the Hammermill ream.

Not true. I was at the store this afternoon and used the dummy SKU coupon and bought the right Staples ream paper and still didn't print the rebate form... It is a nightmare!
Then my guess is your cashier had no clue how to enter the non-inventoried sku as I got the rebate this afternoon after the sku was added to the paper transaction. Oh, BTW, you can do it again next week as the dummy sku applies again for FAR Staples MP ream paper.

macdough said:   Bought the Staples paper, used the coupon in first post of this thread. Got the photo paper, also with Q. Rebate printed on both just fine.

May i ask what the Offer number was shown on the rebate print out for the Staples ream paper? Thanks.

I bought the Staples multi-purpose paper (SKU 513099 on receipt the UPC is 71810328278)

My receipt shows the UPC is 718103128278. Did you miss a digit of 1?

niniss said:   macdough said:   Bought the Staples paper, used the coupon in first post of this thread. Got the photo paper, also with Q. Rebate printed on both just fine.

May i ask what the Offer number was shown on the rebate print out for the Staples ream paper? Thanks.
13-43943

mathfaster said:   niniss said:   MrVietnam said:   macdough said:   This thread is totally confusing this week! :+) So if I am getting it right, the two free paper/photo papers coupons aren't working right and not generating the rebates? About to head that way and trying to figure out if I should just forget it

Then my guess is your cashier had no clue how to enter the non-inventoried sku as I got the rebate this afternoon after the sku was added to the paper transaction. Oh, BTW, you can do it again next week as the dummy sku applies again for FAR Staples MP ream paper.

It must be then, because I even asked/reminded her if she entered the SKU number properly and she said, "yeah, i did."
"Next week" - Do you mean the week of Jan 20 - 26 or Jan 27 -Feb 2? I didn't see on this coming week's ad, and also, the Dummy SKU coupon from last week has expiration date of Jan 19.

niniss said:   ...It must be then, because I even asked/reminded her if she entered the SKU number properly and she said, "yeah, i did."
"Next week" - Do you mean the week of Jan 20 - 26 or Jan 27 -Feb 2? I didn't see on this coming week's ad, and also, the Dummy SKU coupon from last week has expiration date of Jan 19.
Week of 1/20: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1252232/

mathfaster said:   niniss said:   macdough said:   Bought the Staples paper, used the coupon in first post of this thread. Got the photo paper, also with Q. Rebate printed on both just fine.

13-43943

I tried to search this offer number 15 minutes ago (and just now too), and this is the message i got "We're sorry we are unable to locate the rebate offer you searched for. Please check your information and try again."

niniss said:   mathfaster said:   niniss said:   macdough said:   Bought the Staples paper, used the coupon in first post of this thread. Got the photo paper, also with Q. Rebate printed on both just fine.

13-43943

I tried to search this offer number 15 minutes ago (and just now too), and this is the message i got "We're sorry we are unable to locate the rebate offer you searched for. Please check your information and try again."

"Coupon" activated rebates are generally hidden -- aka not searchable.

niniss said:   mathfaster said:   niniss said:   macdough said:   Bought the Staples paper, used the coupon in first post of this thread. Got the photo paper, also with Q. Rebate printed on both just fine.

13-43943

This is one of those hidden rebates Staples likes to do from time to time. Usually rebates issued mid-week or that are not in the weekly ad. No, you cannot find it in the rebate center.

mathfaster said:   niniss said:   mathfaster said:   niniss said:   macdough said:   Bought the Staples paper, used the coupon in first post of this thread. Got the photo paper, also with Q. Rebate printed on both just fine.

13-43943

This is one of those hidden rebates Staples likes to do from time to time. Usually rebates issued mid-week or that are not in the weekly ad. No, you cannot find it in the rebate center.

Ok, let's say if the cashier entered the DUMMY SKU correctly, the register would print the rebate form and i should be able to submit online based on the offer number printed on the rebate form? It's hard for me to imagine how the system will work if the offer number is not recognized or searchable.

niniss said:   mathfaster said:   niniss said:   mathfaster said:   niniss said:   macdough said:   Bought the Staples paper, used the coupon in first post of this thread. Got the photo paper, also with Q. Rebate printed on both just fine.

13-43943

Ok, let's say if the cashier entered the DUMMY SKU correctly, the register would print the rebate form and i should be able to sumbit online based on the offer number printed on the rebate form? It's hard for me to imagine how the system will work if the offer number is not recognized or searchable.
If the dummy sku is on the receipt and you buy the Staples MP ream paper the rebate will print. You then use that rebate number that prints out to submit for the rebate online. I have no clue why they keep these rebates hidden. I used the rebate number I got today on the Staples rebate system and it was recognized just fine and my rebate is now validated.

niniss said:   Ok, let's say if the cashier entered the DUMMY SKU correctly, the register would print the rebate form and i should be able to sumbit online based on the offer number printed on the rebate form? It's hard for me to imagine how the system will work if the offer number is not recognized or searchable.

Is the dummy SKU on your receipt? If not, there is no point trying to submit the rebate. The offer number is recognized only when you submit the rebate.

niniss said:   mathfaster said:   niniss said:   mathfaster said:   niniss said:   macdough said:   Bought the Staples paper, used the coupon in first post of this thread. Got the photo paper, also with Q. Rebate printed on both just fine.

13-43943

Ok, let's say if the cashier entered the DUMMY SKU correctly, the register would print the rebate form and i should be able to sumbit online based on the offer number printed on the rebate form? It's hard for me to imagine how the system will work if the offer number is not recognized or searchable.

The offer number should be recognized when submitting the rebate even without the SKU on the receipt. Of course, in such a situation, the rebate will be invalidated.

As for searchable, just because the rebate exists does not mean it must be in the search database.

c3 said:   niniss said:   Ok, let's say if the cashier entered the DUMMY SKU correctly, the register would print the rebate form and i should be able to sumbit online based on the offer number printed on the rebate form? It's hard for me to imagine how the system will work if the offer number is not recognized or searchable.

Is the dummy SKU on your receipt? If not, there is no point trying to submit the rebate. The offer number is recognized only when you submit the rebate.

I assume the 866957 is the dummy SKU you are talking about(not the 513099)? No, it was not on my receipt. What's on my receipt is: SPLS 8.5X11 MULTI 718103128278 That is all for this item.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.