• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Staples
See Staples promo codes that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Scott Choose-A-Size Paper Towels
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Right aTiger,the Staples deal is NOT MEGA rolls. The CVS deal is, so the 12 roll pack is equal to 18 of the Staples rol... (more)

peepsiemom (Jan. 18, 2013 @ 9:51a) |

Is that true; is there really a quality difference?

peepsiemom (Jan. 18, 2013 @ 11:01a) |

Absolutely! The people in the East, myself included, are idiots. We look for cheap, and we do not want to pay for qualit... (more)

aarzi (Jan. 18, 2013 @ 1:24p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks, great price!

I've given up on using other brands of paper towels. Scotts holds together way better than any other brand I've tried. I wonder how much time they spent figuring out where to put that perforation so I almost always need 2 sheets?

I bought a $20 break room coupon buy it now off eBay and bought 19 packages of paper towels. $59 including tax after coupon

52 cents per roll including tax minus $2.49 for the coupon.

Staples drives me crazy, you can make an order and it takes awhile to get an email confirmation or for it to show up in your account. I want to cancel my Amazon Viva order but not until I know my Staples order is going to come. Most vendors send an email instantly.

The reason I bought the $20 off $75 break room coupon was the $25 off $75 coupons were too expensive. It was actually cheaper to get the $20 off $75 factoring in the cost of the coupon. And there are lots of break room coupons available. $25 off $75 is hot and expensive.

Ok, the FS made me do it. In for 5 rolls, $23.xx after tax, and free ship. This is as good as, maybe better then the grocery store. Sometimes we run out and I cant find any on sale, and pay a not fat wallet price for paper towels. So this makes this worth it, to ensure 3 months of not paying full price. If I had a bigger storage unit at my home I would have got more.

OOS

I was able to order, not OOS..in for 6!!

It just worked for me.

cheaper than costco kirkland?

Is there any just simple $5 off $50 coupons anywhere??

I used to be diehard Scotts myself, then tried Bounty and I was impressed. Scotts held up really well, but not really great if you do a lot of "clean" mess cleanups and want to wring out and reuse. The Bounty is a little more cloth-like and holds up well on juice/water messes where I use a single sheet and wring it out in the sink until its all soaked up. That said, I'd buy the Scotts again for work on my cars, kids painting, etc. if I didn't have 48 rolls of Bounty Mega Rolls in the garage already!

I'd say this deal is warm, but only if you need smaller quantities. Major chain supermarkets have semi-annual sales for the larger packs of TP and PTs that come out to ~$.50 to .60 a roll, minus any coupons.

Pauldow said:   I've given up on using other brands of paper towels. Scotts holds together way better than any other brand I've tried. I wonder how much time they spent figuring out where to put that perforation so I almost always need 2 sheets?

Here's a better deal (per roll) available @ CVS:

Buy 1 Scott Mega 12 pack + Proglide Manual Razror - $4/20 (eBay) - $1.25 (ScottBrand.com) - $3 (Gillette in Duracell packages from Staples) = $12.72 + tax, get $5 EB
Buy 2 Scott - $4/20 - $1.25 x 2 (ScottBrand.com) - $5 EB (previous trans.) = $8.48 + tax, get $10 cash card
Total = $21.20 - $10 Cash card = $11.20 + tax for 36 Scott Mega Rolls + Proglide Razor
.31+tax per mega roll + free razor

1chris1 said:   Here's a better deal (per roll) available @ CVS:

Buy 1 Scott Mega 12 pack + Proglide Manual Razror - $4/20 (eBay) - $1.25 (ScottBrand.com) - $3 (Gillette in Duracell packages from Staples) = $12.72 + tax, get $5 EB
Buy 2 Scott - $4/20 - $1.25 x 2 (ScottBrand.com) - $5 EB (previous trans.) = $8.48 + tax, get $10 cash card
Total = $21.20 - $10 Cash card = $11.20 + tax for 36 Scott Mega Rolls + Proglide Razor

not really,

$4/20 coupons must be purchased and those are bogus anyway (hacked coupons).

plus requires having all manu coupons listed and lots of work. THIS is the better deal, not yours, sorry.

Scott does a good job of preventing finger intrusion through the paper.

In my newspaper this weekend there was also a $1 off MC for the Scott paper towels.

ETA: looks like there is also a $1.25 MC available at http://www.scottbrand.com/Offer/ProgramOverview

Thanks to SD where I found mention of that.

out of stock

Still shows in stock here in CO.

clearanceman said:   I bought a $20 break room coupon buy it now off eBay.... $2.49 for the coupon.For all out there: If you are a FWer in good standing, save this info and PM me whenever you need a code for free. If I have it, I will share it with you. My only request: please ask only when you are actually going to use it. Not just to have and hold for a rainy day.

DTKim said:   I used to be diehard Scotts myself, then tried Bounty and I was impressed.Bounty in the Western US - great! In the Eastern US - not so much! Not any more anyway.

out of stock

Called my local Staples. They gave me $20 off $75 code over the phone.

Just ordered 6 in NJ; not OOS. That might be a regional issue.

My order of $19 for $59 shipped. That's a lot of paper towels. Even with three kids, it should last awhile. I know the Staples Brawny deal lasted me several months.

I just received my order of these paper towels. They are very small rolls and the paper texture is terrible. Suitable for the garage, but not in the home IMHO. If you are used to bounty or brawny, these will not meet your expectations.

troubadorjr said:   I just received my order of these paper towels. They are very small rolls and the paper texture is terrible. Suitable for the garage, but not in the home IMHO. If you are used to bounty or brawny, these will not meet your expectations.

bummer. But at least they were cheaper for me than Kroger basic towels so I'm not out much. I was hoping for at least Sparkle quality. 52 cents a roll I guess it's ok.

Actually, I've been using these for a couple of months (since the last time they were on sale at Staples) and I think they're pretty good for "cheap" paper towels. The texture is different, but they are soft and fairly absorbent.

crhptic said:   Actually, I've been using these for a couple of months (since the last time they were on sale at Staples) and I think they're pretty good for "cheap" paper towels. The texture is different, but they are soft and fairly absorbent.Obviously, enough people agree. That is why they still get sold. I am among those who don't.

Agree, they are way beyond Sparkle brand in absorption and strength in my opinion. The texture IS different but not terrible, again IMO. I am stocking up this round using a 20 off 75.

ChipLeader said:   Agree, they are way beyond Sparkle brand in absorption and strength in my opinion. The texture IS different but not terrible, again IMO. I am stocking up this round using a 20 off 75.

I was just hoping they would be as good as Sparkle, that's good news. Are they as good as Brawny?

Bummer, my towels came all 19 packages. They about half the size of the brawny ones even though both are 62 sheets. The rolls are very noticeably smaller in diameter than sparkle rolls too. Ok for 52 cents a roll but not worth much more IMO. Maybe they will work better than Kroger cheapo paper towels which do cost more than this even on sale (69 cents or something). The rolls are about the same diameter as the Kroger cheapo paper towels.

I tried a towel and they are more substantial than the kroger cheap towels and hold together better but the rolls are still very small.

Read the reviews on Staples website and found out it is a regular roll. Not a good deal, especially comparing to the CVS deals this week.

Without any coupon:
Staples - $0.67/Regular Roll
CVS Stores - $0.55/Big Roll = $0.37/Regular Roll (when you buy 3 12-pack Scott Choose-a-size Paper Towels, pay $29.97+tax, and get a $10 CVS gift card)

With Coupon:
Staples - $0.49/Regular Roll (when you buy 19 6-pack Scott Choose-a-Size paper towels and use $20 off $75 coupon)
CVS Stores - $0.39/Big Roll = $0.26/Regular Roll (when you buy 3 12-pack Scott Choose-a-Size paper towels with 3 $2 coupons, pay $23.97+tax, and get a $10 CVS gift card) If you have a $4 off $20 CVS coupon, the deal is sweeter.

P.S. $2 Scott coupon can be found here

MISTERCHEAP said:   1chris1 said:   Here's a better deal (per roll) available @ CVS:

not really,

$4/20 coupons must be purchased and those are bogus anyway (hacked coupons).

plus requires having all manu coupons listed and lots of work. THIS is the better deal, not yours, sorry.

Right aTiger,the Staples deal is NOT MEGA rolls. The CVS deal is, so the 12 roll pack is equal to 18 of the Staples rolls. With only the free $1.25 Scott coupons, the CVS deal seems much better. The $2 Scott/CVS coupon link also does work. No extra work since the coupons are available at the Scott website. The big sweetener is when you buy $30 worth at CVS you get $10 back. Do the math. The Staples deal is way back in 2nd place. Sorry, Mistercheap.

aarzi said:   DTKim said:   I used to be diehard Scotts myself, then tried Bounty and I was impressed.Bounty in the Western US - great! In the Eastern US - not so much! Not any more anyway.

Is that true; is there really a quality difference?

Absolutely! The people in the East, myself included, are idiots. We look for cheap, and we do not want to pay for quality. Case in point: Bounty Basic. You can't pay me to use it, yet it thrives. Regular Bounty cannot compete, so the quality suffers, and the sheets are reduced.
The people in the west demand quality, and are willing to pay for it. Both Bounty, and Viva offer exceptional value. As for Bounty Basic, they don't even spit on it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.