• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
50% off Toro Power Shovel, Toro Snow Thrower or Toro Snow Blower @ Target - 50% off

free shipping with Target Red Card

Links to individual items:

Toro Power Shovel $49.99 (reg. 99.99)

Toro 1500 Power Curve Snow Thrower $89.99 (reg. $179.99)

Toro 1800 Power Curve 18" Snow Blower $149.99 (reg. 299.99)

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

50% off Toro Power Shovel, Toro Snow Thrower or Toro Snow Blower
Thanks sparky34
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I've had the 1800 for about 7 years and it has worked great (NYC area). It has gone through snow up to 14" without a pr... (more)

bobbybore (Jan. 14, 2013 @ 1:08p) |

ebates 2% cb
bigcrumbs 3.5% cb

psxzombie (Jan. 19, 2013 @ 6:14p) |

got my 1800 in today. They shipped the new 15 amp version from target. Also got the same one from Amazon. Will return Ta... (more)

latedad (Jan. 21, 2013 @ 12:53p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Toro Power Shovel link is broken...

FWIW, I used the 18" model just north of Buffalo NY (I have since moved way south) and was surprised how well it worked even in snow deeper than the thrower was tall. I was happy not to have to fuss with carburetors and exhaust and found myself swearing a lot less after switching to this. I just thought I would share my experience for those thinking about this deal.

I do love this handy machine, did a great job. However, the annoying part is that the electric cord is not convenient at all. Just get a gas one, you will be happier.

Thanks! Just ordered the Toro 1800 Power Curve 18" Snow Blower! The Amazon reviews were great and solved the minor electric cord issue as well!

I had an electric output put into my lamppost out front... Just so I could switch to all electric yard tools... Swirling just fine

I live near Washigton DC. Which model should I get? 1500 or 1800? Are there major differences between 1500 and 1800 models beside one clearing 12 inches and 1800 clearing 18 inches (in width)?

Of course not, bigger engine for bigger blower.

docjoo said:   I live near Washigton DC. Which model should I get? 1500 or 1800? Are there major differences between 1500 and 1800 models beside one clearing 12 inches and 1800 clearing 18 inches (in width)?

argentum said:   Of course not, bigger engine for bigger blower.

docjoo said:   I live near Washigton DC. Which model should I get? 1500 or 1800? Are there major differences between 1500 and 1800 models beside one clearing 12 inches and 1800 clearing 18 inches (in width)?

So 1800 model doesn't handle the depth better than 1500? Is it just bigger engine for the 1800 model to compensate for the wider width?

It might depend on the type of snow you get. It does not handle wet, slushy snow very well and will clog right up. My gas one did that also, but a less frequently.

in 4 one for Toro 1800 Power Curve 18" Snow Blower - Red for $193 after taxes and shipping. nice one and good reviews..

ordered Toro 1800 Power Curve for $148.51 using target red debit card and free shipping. Has great reviews.

I have the older model of the 1800 and it works amazingly well. Now I only get out my serious snow thrower if there is about a foot of heavy snow. Anything less and it is much easier to use the 1800. No dinking around trying to get it started or running out of gas in the middle of the job and having to try to blast out of the driveway to get to the gas station. My only concern is a big snow that knocks out power, fortunately our power lines are underground.

1800 OOS

Bought my 1800 for $293 including tax two years ago. Great little machine, and I didn't want to deal with gas/motor oil maintenance much less the smell and size either. The only limitation is the length of extension cord; They don't advise going longer than a 50ft cord. Also, it's easier to use with two people, with one doing the cord management (reeling in/giving line) while the other runs the machine. Great post. I'm tempted to pickup the shovel, but the wife says no.

wondering if this 1800 model a 12AMP or 15AMP? anyone knows?

Anything less than a foot, I just use hands and shovel. Assume it is dry loose snow though.

chibimike said:   I have the older model of the 1800 and it works amazingly well. Now I only get out my serious snow thrower if there is about a foot of heavy snow. Anything less and it is much easier to use the 1800. No dinking around trying to get it started or running out of gas in the middle of the job and having to try to blast out of the driveway to get to the gas station. My only concern is a big snow that knocks out power, fortunately our power lines are underground.

bad assumption around ohio.

we had 8" and it was flooded.

IT was like snowblowing water... wouldnt want to shovel that.

I had the smaller model for sidewalks and such it worked great till someone ran it over...

Still have a 5hp 2cycle model.. toro snowblowers are IMO .. great.

Got notice that my 1800 has been shipped.

Second that "bad assumption for Ohio" comment. I've been using my Power Curve since the winter of 2007-08 in Columbus, and for the last few years in Cleveland.

It is ideal for depths up to 1', and I usually break it out at 3-4" with no issue. At 10", it's fine for light snow, but does get slowed down with the wetter stuff we ahve up here ("Lake-effect snow"). Just get some 50' or 100' cords (low gauge, 12-ga is ideal).

Being I do not have a Target Red Card the shipping killed the deal for me as I was able to get the 1500 from Amazon for $94.51 shipped (free super saver shipping). I brought the shovel last year but have yet to use it due to lack of snow.

I've had the 1800 for about 7 years and it has worked great (NYC area). It has gone through snow up to 14" without a problem. Had the extension cord get caught in the blower a couple of times but just pulled it out and kept going. The plastic shovel prevents damage to the cord (usually). No complaints. No snow last year and none so far this year in my area. Big snow storms three years ago.

ebates 2% cb
bigcrumbs 3.5% cb

got my 1800 in today. They shipped the new 15 amp version from target. Also got the same one from Amazon. Will return Target one in store.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014