• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Appears this is the 16-pc set x 2. WalMart's normal price for the individual bundle is ~$27, so this is a $5 or so savings. In any event, MUCH cheaper than Amazon, where two of these sets would run you $75+ when I last checked. Marketplace sellers are charging $40+.

You may want to take note that the mugs are not the standard Corelle treated glass but are ceramic/stoneware.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Corelle-Livingware-Winter-Frost-32-Pie...

Walmart
See Walmart promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Corelle Livingware Winter Frost 32 pc Dinnerware Set
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm going to date myself, but I bought my first condo in 1979 and bought a couple sets of these when I first moved in. They had coffee cups made of the same material. I have used these almost every day for 34 years and only had one cup break and that was in the first year. They still look good and, though we have bought a few other dinnerware sets for other occasions, these are our go-to plates, bowls, etc., every day.

To me, the design is timeless, simple, classic and the material is long-lasting and durable. We have added a few larger bowls and maybe a platter or two, and they just keep going and going. If they had these back in the 1700's, you'd probably find the originals in antique stores!

Thanks OP!

Enjoy,
Cogito

Walmart.com
Disclaimer

Walmart.com
Disclaimer
Interesting...

madcowdisease said:   Appears this is the 16-pc set x 2. WalMart's normal price for the individual bundle is ~$27, so this is a $5 or so savings. In any event, MUCH cheaper than Amazon, where two of these sets would run you $75+ when I last checked. Marketplace sellers are charging $40+.

You may want to take note that the mugs are not the standard Corelle treated glass but are ceramic/stoneware.

The 18-piece sets can regularly be found for less than $25 (WalMart had them for $18 a couple months ago)

ahecht said:   madcowdisease said:   Appears this is the 16-pc set x 2. WalMart's normal price for the individual bundle is ~$27, so this is a $5 or so savings. In any event, MUCH cheaper than Amazon, where two of these sets would run you $75+ when I last checked. Marketplace sellers are charging $40+.

The 18-piece sets can regularly be found for less than $25 (WalMart had them for $18 a couple months ago)

I also got three set at the $18 too.

Bummer, I was looking at this exact same set a few weeks ago, but it was on Rollback for $40. It's still a good deal, but I would wait for the next time the 4 pack is $18. Btw, my local Corning Outlet had these on "sale" for $40/4 pack, $75/8 Pack. So much for the outlets...

I got the same set from target as black friday deal for $18 + Taxes. Target had the winter frost and one green.,

madcowdisease said:   

For those who care about such things, the dinnerware is US-made but the cups/mugs are Asian (mine were made in Thailand). Most of the other dinnerware companies (including Oneida and Pfaltzgraff) are now making their products in China. The quality appears to have diminished as reflected by the reviews on their sites. But our experience with Corelle is as cogitovici comments - consistently excellent over the years. We've yet to have a defective piece, and that includes the mugs.

There's apparently a manufacturing detail that does not allow the cups to to fabricated out of their laminated glass so they are ceramic. And from our perspective, beautiful, functional and durable.

The cups break easily and usually don't match the design on the plates and bowls anyway.
The 12-piece Corelle set (without the cups) was selling for $14.44 in Nov and Dec.
It appeared to be the WalMart regular price and might still be available.

cogitovici said:   I'm going to date myself, but I bought my first condo in 1979 and bought a couple sets of these when I first moved in. They had coffee cups made of the same material. I have used these almost every day for 34 years and only had one cup break and that was in the first year. They still look good and, though we have bought a few other dinnerware sets for other occasions, these are our go-to plates, bowls, etc., every day.

To me, the design is timeless, simple, classic and the material is long-lasting and durable. We have added a few larger bowls and maybe a platter or two, and they just keep going and going. If they had these back in the 1700's, you'd probably find the originals in antique stores!

Thanks OP!

Enjoy,
Cogito

Maybe the quality has come down a bit... I've been using these for about twenty years... Over the years we bought more sets to complement for broken pieces. A number pieces (mainly the plates) developed chips around the edges so we had to throw them away. It's quite possible that it's our dishwasher (or our dishwasher technique). All the chippings were flat, kinda hidden underneath, so if you were looking at them from the top, you wouldn't notice much. Sometimes they are tolerable, but sometimes they were big enough with edges sharp enough to cause concern (besides, in my culture it's not good to have chipped dishes).

When it comes to breaking, I find our sets generally quite resistant to breaking. Granted, our kids (us, too) broke a good number of pieces, but that's probably because they were/still are big time troublemakers .

Coffee mugs are nothing special, of course (ugly looking, cheap chinese stuff). But then again, the old frost mugs are kinda small (6 oz?).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014