• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Newegg offers the TP-LINK N600 802.11n Wireless 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet Router, model no. TL-WDR3600, for $38.99 with free shipping via the directions below. That's tied with our November mention and the lowest total price we could find by $29. It features five Gigabit ports, two USB ports, simultaneous 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies, detachable antennas, and WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA-PSK, and WPA2-PSK encryption. Rebate expires January 17. To get this deal:
Add the TP-LINK N600 802.11n Wireless 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet Router to your cart for $68.99
apply code "EMCNJJF83" to drop it to $58.99
redeem this $20 rebate for a net price of $38.99

Don't forget 1% FW Cash

Newegg
See Newegg coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

router (7.10kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
$20 mail-in rebate (exp. 1/17/13)
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

$39 for a wireless N simultaneous dual band gigabit router looks pretty solid.

Newegg reviews report success installing DD-WRT:
- go to dd-wrt.com, search for the "TP-LINK TL-WDR3600" thread (Link here), page 2, get BrainSlayer's BIN files
- browse to 192.168.0.1, login is admin/admin
System Tools > Firmware Upgrade > flash "factory-to-ddwrt.bin"
- reboot, browse to 192.168.1.1, make a new password
Administration > Firmware Upgrade > flash "tl-wdr3600-webflash.bin"

OpenWRT Intsructions:
NOTE:Browse to your existing router admin page or program and note down the following details, you might need them in step 15
- current IP address (not 192.xx.xx.xx)
- subnet mask
- gateway IP address
- router MAC address or clone MAC address

1. Downloaded the firmware here for this router
2. renamed the downloaded file as gargoyle.bin
3. Connected router to the computer via ethernet cable
4. Browsed (on IE/FF) to 192.168.0.1
5. You will prompted for login use (admin/admin)
6. Click the link on the left menu that says something like "System"
7. Find and click "Firmware upgrade" link
8. In the Firmware upgrade page, click button that says something like "select file"
9. Select the file "gargoyle.bin" from step 2
10. Click "upgrade" button
11. Wait for about 5 mins
12. Browse on (FF/IE) to 192.168.1.1
13. You will be prompted for password, use "password" with out the quotes
14. You will be prompted for new password, type in your new password and jot it down some place safe
15. Refer screenshots here to configure

Does the dd-wrt firmware enable simultaneous dual band? Anyone confirm?

I bought this router from MicroCenter a month ago (for $60.00). Router was good router with a ton of features. But due to one tiny issue, I had to return it. For printer sharing, this router uses its own printer drivers, it does not use the drivers from windows (or the ones that we installed which came with the printer). For that reason it does not support all the printers. My printer Samsung CLX 3185 (All-in-one color laser) does not have the drivers in this router's firmware. So, if you are planning to use this router to connect the printer, please check TP Links site if your printer is supported. Later I went with Belkin N750 router ($80 in Bestbuy), it is working good.WDR3600 Supported Printers

Boochi said:   I bought this router from MicroCenter a month ago (for $60.00). Router was good router with a ton of features. But due to one tiny issue, I had to return it. For printer sharing, this router uses its own printer drivers, it does not use the drivers from windows (or the ones that we installed which came with the printer). For that reason it does not support all the printers. My printer Samsung CLX 3185 (All-in-one color laser) does not have the drivers in this router's firmware. So, if you are planning to use this router to connect the printer, please check TP Links site if your printer is supported. Later I went with Belkin N750 router ($80 in Bestbuy), it is working good.WDR3600 Supported Printers

Thanks for sharing the information. It does not support Brother HL-2270DW & HL-2280DW. You save me the trouble.

speedy777 said:   Thanks for sharing the information. It does not support Brother HL-2270DW & HL-2280DW. You save me the trouble.

Those are both wireless printers. I think he was referring to support for the printer on the usb ports. There is (probably) no reason for you to need to plug those into the usb port.

DaveKnowsAll said:   speedy777 said:   Thanks for sharing the information. It does not support Brother HL-2270DW & HL-2280DW. You save me the trouble.

Those are both wireless printers. I think he was referring to support for the printer on the usb ports. There is (probably) no reason for you to need to plug those into the usb port.

Got it. Thanks.

Nice deal. In for two (one for basement rack, one for 2nd story as repeater). $20 rebate is good for up to two per person. Only restriction is that each must be mailed in separately.

An alternative is the Tenda found at Micro Center for $39.99 + $5.99 shipping.

The Tenda N60 Wireless N Dual Band Router brings impressive simultaneous dual-band performance - the 300 + 300Mbps speed combines the usability of the 2.4GHz band with the stability of the 5GHz band, ensuring top speeds and the greatest range while minimizing interference. The N60 is ideal for large home environments to enjoy seamless HD video streaming, online gaming and internet surfing all at the same time. The QoS (Quality of Service) can easily allocate bandwidth according to their individual needs. In all, the Tenda N60 is one highly advanced router with both exquisite design and the best performance available.

Admittedly, I've not installed mine yet, but it seems relevant to folks who might be looking at this deal.

lexscholar said:   An alternative is the Tenda found at Micro Center for $39.99 + $5.99 shipping.

The Tenda N60 Wireless N Dual Band Router brings impressive simultaneous dual-band performance - the 300 + 300Mbps speed combines the usability of the 2.4GHz band with the stability of the 5GHz band, ensuring top speeds and the greatest range while minimizing interference. The N60 is ideal for large home environments to enjoy seamless HD video streaming, online gaming and internet surfing all at the same time. The QoS (Quality of Service) can easily allocate bandwidth according to their individual needs. In all, the Tenda N60 is one highly advanced router with both exquisite design and the best performance available.

Admittedly, I've not installed mine yet, but it seems relevant to folks who might be looking at this deal.

Same price at Newegg but free shipping and no tax for me -

Link

Sold out

Figures - I was going to pull the trigger when I got home and now its gone.

back in stock. just ordered one.

Glad I checked back - just got one.

Back in stock, but price is now 74.99 with $6 off to 68.99, 48.99 after $20 gift card.
F* them

frenchylarue said:   Back in stock, but price is now 74.99 with $6 off to 68.99, 48.99 after $20 gift card.
F* them

I think you forgot to apply the instant savings promo code (EMCNJJF83) mentioned in OP's post to drop the price by another $10. With the $20 rebate, the final price is $38.99. I just placed my order for two routers about five minutes ago, which is the rebate redemption limit. If you are interested in purchasing, I would place your order today since the promo code expires 1/17/13.

EDIT: I believe the rebate is in the form of a Visa Prepaid card (not Newegg gift card), so you should be able to use it wherever VISA cards are accepted.

this deal is still good for today correct?

still good ordered one! thanks op

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014