• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Text Amazon has Panasonic VIERA TC-P50UT50 50-Inch 1080p 600Hz Full HD 3D Plasma TV
for $599. To see the price add to cart.

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Panasonic VIERA TC-P50UT50
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Remember, these use a glass panel. The glare on this bad boy can be brutal if used in a lit area or near a window. Incredible picture for a basement or area with blackout curtains.

Awesome price...lowest ever on Amazon by $100. Thanks OP, in for 1

can I use this for gaming..?

You may want to read up on Plasma TV's and console's about the potential for burn-in of images. I believe it's not as bad as when Plasma's were originally launched, but still definitely something to consider vs a LED TV.

Burn in is only an issue in early plasma life on this years models. Once you have 100-200hrs non-gaming set in on it you should be able to test it for extended gaming burn in sessions. If 2-4hr sessions don't show image retention, test for one long session. Once your solid your solid for life.

its back! $599.

my4mainecoons said:   its back! $599.

Thank you!!! I missed out on the last one by 5 min. Literally had it in my cart and then got called away from the computer. Snagged it this time. "Only 3 left!"

Looking forward to PLASMA and smooth motion - none of this soap opera effect BS on LED LCD mumbo jumbo. Now to find a mount.

Sold out now... :/

it will burn... i have the ST50 model and it did burn with the text of the dish box when i forgot to turn off the TV. that is despite the text box moving around every few seconds. however, a few hours of bright scenes completely wiped it out. if you're watching a lot of sports with tickers at the bottom, CNBC with stock tickers and, god forbid, playing games with the same spot for the score, you will not be happy with plasma. just tellin ya....

on the other hand.... picture quality, color, sharpness, smooth movement.... top of the line

oh and did i mention it's a few hundred watts to run as opposed to numbers in the teens for LED.

SophieTheDog said:   my4mainecoons said:   its back! $599.

Thank you!!! I missed out on the last one by 5 min. Literally had it in my cart and then got called away from the computer. Snagged it this time. "Only 3 left!"

Looking forward to PLASMA and smooth motion - none of this soap opera effect BS on LED LCD mumbo jumbo. Now to find a mount.
it will give you the soap opera effect too... you'll have to turn off all the motion smoothing and noise reduction etc as I did to make it look natural. funny how all these features we must pay for but need to be turned off to make them look like the tubes we grew up with.

SteelRing said:   it will burn... i have the ST50 model and it did burn with the text of the dish box when i forgot to turn off the TV. that is despite the text box moving around every few seconds. however, a few hours of bright scenes completely wiped it out. if you're watching a lot of sports with tickers at the bottom, CNBC with stock tickers and, god forbid, playing games with the same spot for the score, you will not be happy with plasma. just tellin ya....

on the other hand.... picture quality, color, sharpness, smooth movement.... top of the line

oh and did i mention it's a few hundred watts to run as opposed to numbers in the teens for LED.


That's image retention not burn in.

homerj31 said:   SteelRing said:   it will burn... i have the ST50 model and it did burn with the text of the dish box when i forgot to turn off the TV. that is despite the text box moving around every few seconds. however, a few hours of bright scenes completely wiped it out. if you're watching a lot of sports with tickers at the bottom, CNBC with stock tickers and, god forbid, playing games with the same spot for the score, you will not be happy with plasma. just tellin ya....

on the other hand.... picture quality, color, sharpness, smooth movement.... top of the line

oh and did i mention it's a few hundred watts to run as opposed to numbers in the teens for LED.


That's image retention not burn in.


Best way to mitigate any burn-in risk is to properly break the panel in before watching anything on the tv. The link below provides step-by-step instructions on how to do this as well as some recommended settings for optimal picture quality (free account is needed to view)

http://www.highdefjunkies.com/showthread.php?t=12986&highlight=2...

Yup, I've had the U54 for about 6 months now and I was noticing a little bit of image retention early on (mostly from playing video game (fps) for an extended period, but now that it's broken in, I haven't noticed it happening at all. No burn in.

SteelRing said:   it will burn... i have the ST50 model and it did burn with the text of the dish box when i forgot to turn off the TV. that is despite the text box moving around every few seconds. however, a few hours of bright scenes completely wiped it out. if you're watching a lot of sports with tickers at the bottom, CNBC with stock tickers and, god forbid, playing games with the same spot for the score, you will not be happy with plasma. just tellin ya....

on the other hand.... picture quality, color, sharpness, smooth movement.... top of the line

oh and did i mention it's a few hundred watts to run as opposed to numbers in the teens for LED.


I don't have cable or satellite and I may not even hook up an OTA antenna. I don't plan to have the TV on 24/7/365 like the majority of society who can't stand to be in a house without a TV on blaring crap at them all day long. I plan to watch a movie on disc or Netflix once or twice a week, tops. The rest of my life will be filled with working and reading BOOKS with my young children. Why adults need playstations is beyond me. Having your friends over? Get out a deck of cards and actually look at each other instead of blowing each other up and staring at a screen all night. It's a sad commentary on society when we have to be worried about screen burn from our tickers and FPS health meters.

SophieTheDog said:   I don't have cable or satellite and I may not even hook up an OTA antenna. I don't plan to have the TV on 24/7/365 like the majority of society who can't stand to be in a house without a TV on blaring crap at them all day long. I plan to watch a movie on disc or Netflix once or twice a week, tops. The rest of my life will be filled with working and reading BOOKS with my young children. Why adults need playstations is beyond me. Having your friends over? Get out a deck of cards and actually look at each other instead of blowing each other up and staring at a screen all night. It's a sad commentary on society when we have to be worried about screen burn from our tickers and FPS health meters.

Will your young children be picking up on the disdain you hold so many other people in? Teach'em well, eh?

I don't disagree with you necessarily, but I also don't condemn others for their choices of leisure activities.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014