• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Sony
Need a Sony coupon that earns 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Sony Xperia X10
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

OOS

Temporarily out of stock after you add to cart...

see3po said:   OOS

Don't feel too bad--this phone is over 3 years old now. The price is all right, but what's infuriating about these old Android phones is the crippling lack of RAM. It's impossible to install even a handful of today's bigger apps.

TrentSteel said:   see3po said:   OOS

Don't feel too bad--this phone is over 3 years old now. The price is all right, but what's infuriating about these old Android phones is the crippling lack of RAM. It's impossible to install even a handful of today's bigger apps.

Not too bummed after looking up specs on gsmareana. Pretty good specs for a 3 year phone, good for Netflix over Wifi due to screen resolution, but Gingerbread is highest supported OS. Didn't look into custom ROM. In general, will AT&T unlock a new non-subsidized phone without ever being activated by them?

It's backorder now. Sony will notify you by e-mail once your order has been shipped.

see3po said:   TrentSteel said:   see3po said:   OOS

Not too bummed after looking up specs on gsmareana. Pretty good specs for a 3 year phone, good for Netflix over Wifi due to screen resolution, but Gingerbread is highest supported OS. Didn't look into custom ROM. In general, will AT&T unlock a new non-subsidized phone without ever being activated by them?

IME no they won't, but I haven't tried it in a while. I know TMO requires something like 60 or 90 days continuous prepaid or postpaid service before they'll do it, and they're typically more generous than ATT.

If all you're doing is Netflix and nothing else, you might get by with such low RAM, but as soon as you add e.g. a real browser, a banking app and Flash player (which should still work on such an old version of Android), you're going to get low memory messages, provided everything fits to begin with.

Do I need to sign a 2 year agreement with AT&T?

myrebates2 said:   Do I need to sign a 2 year agreement with AT&T?

I have read in the other forum that a member received an email stating the 2 year contract with ATT when you buy this phone from Sony store. Strange!

no where mentioned it has 2 yr agreement

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014