• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
One of the better RAM deals in the last couple of weeks.

Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000) $66

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220694

DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000)
Timing 10-11-10-30
Cas Latency 10
Voltage 1.5V

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

memory (13.98kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

Are there any PC users who really need 16GB? Great price though.

youngcrv said:   Are there any PC users who really need 16GB? Great price though.

Gamers like more RAM, I am getting 2 sets myself ~ 32gig. VMware or Hyper V could gobble a lot if you have a few VM's

When the price of ram from 8GB to 16GB is pretty close, the little extra you spend is worth the effort. 8GB is fine for most but why worry about it when you can spend a little extra and never max out your ram. It's really not about using it all, it's about those times when you go over your available ram and bam! your right back to the stone age.

You might make it on your trip with 4 gallons of gas, but wouldn't you want to be safe and go with 8 gallons of gas just in case?

16GB is great when you are doing development work and running 3 or 4 VMs on 1 computer.

Yeah I upgraded to 16gb because it was a good deal. Wife wants to start doing some photo editing and things. Dont think you would need that multi task? Like surf,edit and download.

i'm in need for an upgrade, thanks

Wish the timings were better

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014