Canon PowerShot S100 $279.99 shipped @ Amazon

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Canon PowerShot S100 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide-Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Black)

Price: $279.99 Shipped + Eligible for free 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime.

Linky

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Canon PowerShot S100
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good Camera.

Great camera. I got it for $230 (Amazon) around Thanksgiving and I really like it. I'm not a very good photographer, but even just the "Auto" mode is significantly better than my canon elph sd770, especially in low-light settings. There's clearly a lot more functionality/potential packed in this little camera that it's making me want to learn more about photography.

That said, I'm not sure that the price is so hot. Amazon has had it for ~$230 a couple of times in Nov/Dec and the canon store has had the refurb of this for ~$180 a few times. With the S110 out for a few months now, $270 seems higher than it should be.

I have the S90, S100, SX260. Off those 3, the S100 for some reason, produced reddish images.
Do a test: get the light-purple object (blanket or whatever), with NO FLASH under LOW light condition, the S90 and SX260 produced the true color while the S100 had it red-ish.
Oh, btw, I got it during the BF for $230 also.
Lens error should not be a problem with this serial#

My S100 has lens error issue but Canon refused the warranty. I would not buy any camera from Canon.

Cenbit said:   My S100 has lens error issue but Canon refused the warranty. I would not buy any camera from Canon. That sucks. When did you contact them? Did you see/follow this (I think it was announced July 2012)? http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/products/professional...

Kinda surprised surprised they'd refuse coverage since they've admitted to the problem and have it up on their website.

primus1957 said:   Good Camera.

GREAT camera!

Yuyak said:   Cenbit said:   My S100 has lens error issue but Canon refused the warranty. I would not buy any camera from Canon. That sucks. When did you contact them? Did you see/follow this (I think it was announced July 2012)? http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/products/professional...

Kinda surprised surprised they'd refuse coverage since they've admitted to the problem and have it up on their website.

I contacted Canon on Dec-3, 2012. But Canon refused to repair it for free since I purchased it on Nov-27, 2011.

Cenbit said:   Yuyak said:   Cenbit said:   My S100 has lens error issue but Canon refused the warranty. I would not buy any camera from Canon. That sucks. When did you contact them? Did you see/follow this (I think it was announced July 2012)? http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/products/professional...

I contacted Canon on Dec-3, 2012. But Canon refused to repair it for free since I purchased it on Nov-27, 2011.
Sorry to hear that. I assume you explicitly told them it was the "Lens Error issue"? You might call them up again since they're website says: "Affected products that exhibit this phenomenon will be repaired free of charge, regardless of the warranty status, if it is confirmed that the lens error has been caused by disconnection of the part inside the lens"

Yuyak said:   Great camera. I got it for $230 (Amazon) around Thanksgiving and I really like it. I'm not a very good photographer, but even just the "Auto" mode is significantly better than my canon elph sd770, especially in low-light settings. There's clearly a lot more functionality/potential packed in this little camera that it's making me want to learn more about photography.

That said, I'm not sure that the price is so hot. Amazon has had it for ~$230 a couple of times in Nov/Dec and the canon store has had the refurb of this for ~$180 a few times. With the S110 out for a few months now, $270 seems higher than it should be.
Agreed. I also got one in dec for $229. It is really a nice camera and takes some great movies too.

I am amazed that Canon refused to help you. They have bent over backwards assisting me in two different cases, in which they had no obligation to assist me since I broke both a scanner and printer due to my own fault... Why not try contacting them again Cenbit?

Cenbit said:   Yuyak said:   Cenbit said:   My S100 has lens error issue but Canon refused the warranty. I would not buy any camera from Canon. That sucks. When did you contact them? Did you see/follow this (I think it was announced July 2012)? http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/products/professional...

Are you sure you contacted them and specifically demand the Lens Error repair?
I don't think it has nothing to with your purchased date since this isn't a warranty issue, it's their hardware malfunction and they admitted and offered free repair for all.
Is your camera serial# falls into the range of batches that have lens error? Check it.

I see the Canon PowerShot SX260 HS 12.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 20x Image Stabilized Zoom 25mm Wide-Angle Lens and 1080p Full-HD Video on Amazon for $214.95 with free shipping: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0075SUK14/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=U...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014