• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Consumer report reviews
Disclaimer
This is my first post so please be gentle.

Bosch Dishwasher

Regular $599.00
Currently 15% off at Sears $509.00
add coupon KITCH100 for $100.00 off - 409.00
4% FW Cash Back
Free pickup at store

total 409.00 - 4% + tax = 429.00 out the door for me.

This was the top rated dishwasher at Consumer reports with a score of 81.

4 stars at Sears and everywhere else.

This is my first dishwasher ever.

Just to add to this. It also works for the white one.

White Bosch Dishwasher

Sears
See Sears promo codes that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Bosch Dishwasher SHE3AR76UC
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Says valid 1/17-1/22. The $409 price ended on 1/16. If they go by install date, you might get it.

dukerau (Jan. 17, 2013 @ 10:04p) |

all Bosch DWs are tested before they leave the factory so depending on how long it's been sitting the water inside from ... (more)

blankblank (Jan. 17, 2013 @ 10:51p) |

My niece tried parcelbound.com and gives low or cheap international shipping rates and delivers on time.

joelles (Jan. 19, 2013 @ 4:13a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good first post and welcome, nice touch with the consumer reports sheet!

snap!

I have been looking for a base model from Bosch! I dont need all the bells and whistles... just want QUIET!!!

thanks!

I cannot get that $100 off code to work. Get this error.

KITCH100

$100 off with coupon code KITCH100 on items over $599 sold by Sears. Limit 1 discount per order

EDIT: Scratch the above. Apparently you must go all the way thru checkout and it does work. Moves it down to $409.99.

I haven't tried the code...but get this "Available in 32-34 days at TYRONE SQUARE near 33710" - would I still get the discount and Cash Back with availability being so far out?

I pulled the trigger and hope that it works! I've been needing a new dishwasher, and have wanted a Bosch for the lesser amount of noise generated. This is the absolute best price currently in the area.

Nice way to make the guy feel good. Dont see enough of that here.

I like Bosch products, love my Bosch clothes washer.

From the specs of this particular machine.

Food Disposal: No

Make sure you pre-rinse your dishes well as food waste is more prone to clog models without a disposal.

If you put your dishes in pretty dirty, then this model may not be a good one for you.

I have a Bosch. It's great. I've never had a problem that stemmed from not having a food disposer. If you do, cleaning the filter is pretty easy.

Interesting comments from buyers at one of the other big-box stores.big-box comment said: The Bosch requires using a rinse aid everytime, which is expensive. I may try using vinegar in the future to see if it does a good job with alot less expense than JetDry. Figuring out the best settings to encourage complete drying of the dishes requires a little experimentation, too, since the dishwasher doesn't have a heating element to dry them

Excellent deal for a Bosch DW. A Bosch with these features for anywhere near $400 is a deal. Green for you! Both my older daughters have Bosch in their homes and we have a Sear/Bosch (made by Bosch) for going on 9 years now. Very quiet, made well.

Just remember to run some vinegar through it once a month which is good for any DW to help clean and deodorize. It will soften and remove calcium deposits and salt deposits. Or you can use Arm& Hammer washing soda now and then also.

My current one has no disposer, and honestly, you shouldnt be putting chunks in your washer. I am looking forward to a QUIET kitchen...

FYI, they already emailed me saying ready to pick up.. even though Sears' website said 2-3 weeks...

thinksnow said:   Interesting comments from buyers at one of the other big-box stores.big-box comment said: The Bosch requires using a rinse aid everytime, which is expensive. I may try using vinegar in the future to see if it does a good job with alot less expense than JetDry. Figuring out the best settings to encourage complete drying of the dishes requires a little experimentation, too, since the dishwasher doesn't have a heating element to dry them

*sigh* This is one of the BENEFITS of a Bosch. No energy wasting heated drying cycle. It super heats the water during the final rinse and the residual heat will dry it. ALSO.... the user instructions plainly state to open the door a bit at the end of a wash cycle to let water vapor out and speed drying. No DW will dry the dishes immediately upon finish of the wash cycle . Most complainers don;t get that. And no DW with get rid of water that happens to puddle up in the bottoms of cups, glasses or bowls.

Our Bosch and and our two daughters dish washers also work great. . . just learn how to use them.

These are horrible dishwashers, incapable of cleaning much of anything

They do though remain the repairmans favorite

Had one replaced under warranty last month and promplty sold it on craigslist for 300

It was replaced with the repairmans least favorite a KithcenAid/Maytag/Whirpool Tall Tub, she cleans like no tomorrow

As an owner of a similar model I'll add that you can get rid of as much plastic as possible. It helps. We did it with kids aged 4 and 7... no broken glasses yet.

Water still pools on the flat bottom items like large coffee cups; this is no different in comparison to a traditional DW that dries dishes with an element.

carsonsig said:   My current one has no disposer, and honestly, you shouldnt be putting chunks in your washer. I am looking forward to a QUIET kitchen...

FYI, they already emailed me saying ready to pick up.. even though Sears' website said 2-3 weeks...

You will be well pleased with your Bosch. Just follow the directione and open the door a bit after the wash cycle. If you are not home when the DQ is finished the dishes will still dry but take a bit longer. Beleive me. They are *HOT* when the DW cycle is finished. We usually just use the regular wash cycle.

Also, we just switched DW detergents and are now using Finish Extra Wash with the Power Ball. You can get it ion sale and with coupons it is a s cheap as any , but leaves no chemical odor like some, and leaves sparkling glasses too!

pietromoon said:   These are horrible dishwashers, incapable of cleaning much of anything

Had one replaced under warranty last month and promplty sold it on craigslist for 300

It was replaced with the repairmans least favorite a KithcenAid/Maytag/Whirpool Tall Tub, she cleans like no tomorrow

Baloney. . We've had ours for 9 years, oldest daughters was in their home when they bought it 10 years ago an out yongest has had hers for 3 years.

No repairs or issues... ever.

pietromoon said:   These are horrible dishwashers, incapable of cleaning much of anything

I have to disagree. They are consistently rated among the most reliable and least repaired brand, according to Consumer Reports. No, I don't believe everything they write but I've rarely disagreed with them.

USe of Finish Dish Washing Detergent really works well and can be purchased as cheaply as any with regular coupons. We just switched to this because the cheap brand we were using left a bleach-like chemical smell on all the plastic ware. Finish also has a COMPLETE detergent with final rinse Jet Dry added to it for those who want that.

WootHead said:   pietromoon said:   These are horrible dishwashers, incapable of cleaning much of anything

Baloney. . We've had ours for 9 years, oldest daughters was in their home when they bought it 10 years ago an out yongest has had hers for 3 years.

No repairs or issues... ever.

Well, my guess is that this is the type of person that also believes that GM makes higher quality vehicles than Toyota and Honda.

Never an issue with two Bosch dishwashers Solid product and as OP indicated...top rated in Consumer Reports.

A friend of mine has an older model bosch and it's hard to believe how quiet it is. I learned about its quietness one night as we were talking in the kitchen, I was standing right in front of it when I heard the water draining out into the garbage disposal. I had no idea the thing had been running and I was inches from it.

If I was in the market to upgrade mine I think I'd be all over this deal.

do they make this one in bisque, I only see white, black and SS

How are these with hard water

thinksnow said:   Our Bosch and and our two daughters work great. . . just learn how to use them.

Now I'm confused--are you saying your daughters do your dishes?

Andrew14302 said:   
Well, my guess is that this is the type of person that also believes that GM makes higher quality vehicles than Toyota and Honda.

Never an issue with two Bosch dishwashers Solid product and as OP indicated...top rated in Consumer Reports.

Well, this is about dish washers.

But since you raised the point:

GM DOES make as high a quality vehicles as the so called "transplant foreign" brands. Check JD Power. Also, need we remind anyone of Toyota recalls? They ain;t the same company they used to be. Now they are playing catch up. All cars have issues at one time or another. I've owned over 35 NEW vehicles from Toyota (3), Nissan (4), Mitsubishi (2), Subaru (1), and numerous GM and a few Chrysler and Dodge cars and minivans over the past 42 years. Sorry. . Japan does not make better cars any longer. Ford beats them hands down lately.

Only had our Bosch for just under a year now, but it replaced a 4 yr old Whirlpool that needed new racks...would have cost over $300 just in parts. The racks on Bosch models were noticeably thicker and sturdier than any others we looked at. Think ours is the stainless version of this one. Reason we went with a Bosch is my Brother in-law has a Bosch that's nearly 20 years old and still works great. Hopefully their current reliability is similar. This one is indeed extremely quiet, only thing I can hear is water draining. No issues with no heated dry, the heat from the final rinse does the job fine - really didn't even notice much difference between using rinse aid vs no rinse aid. Regarding this model not having a disposal...it does have a large, easily removable trap that can be cleaned. We rinse our dishes pretty well before going in, so I've only cleaned the trap once and didn't see any sign of buildup or residue so I haven't cleaned it since.

I agree. . . not much cleaning is necessary with our Bosch either. We take the filter screen out once a month and check it underneath as well. Then we put in 1/2 cup of vinegar and run a short wash cycle. My repairman friend told us using vinegar once a month and adding washing soda to the dish washer detergent once in awhile will keep the pump and innards clean. Most people think just washing the dishes will do that. Apparently, not so. Grease and minerals can build up.

One of our friends with another brand had a problem where the DW would not fill with water. We told them to fill a half bucket with hot water, spi;; it onto the DW, and 3/4 cup of vinegar and see if it cycled and washed. It did and cleaned out a stuck float chamber in the bottom of the DW.

Bosch is the BMW and Mercedes of appliances. Made in Germany I believe

It does not use an element to evaporate water, it condenses it, at least tries to.

kaveh2k said:   Bosch is the BMW and Mercedes of appliances. Made in Germany I believe

Kitchenaid.
A $5oo DW is NOT top end.

This is low $500 all day long on the internet. A hundred off does not make me launch out of the chair.

some bad reviews on differently colored models - looks like the rack is not too well designed for dish placements

I really like my Bosch (SHE5AL02UC) that I got for $299 (after shipping) several years ago from Eurostoves (found via FW/SD of course ) It's pretty quiet and cleans very well. It's one of the energy efficient models as well, and seems to do a pretty good job. The only thing I've noticed about it is that it heats up the portion of the granite counter directly above it to the point that it's pretty warm. Not a big deal though. Installed it myself and haven't had any issues with it since.

FYI, if you are as completely mechanically incompetent as I am, Sears fees are:
a simple delivery only is $69.99 + $10 haul-away fee.
A delivery plus hookup is $139.99 + $10 haul-away fee + manditory 'hose part kit' fee (i forgot how much).

sloppy1 said:   FYI, if you are as completely mechanically incompetent as I am, Sears fees are:
a simple delivery only is $69.99 + $10 haul-away fee.
A delivery plus hookup is $139.99 + $10 haul-away fee + manditory 'hose part kit' fee (i forgot how much).

that actually is about the right price for installation and haul away. Try getting a plumber to do it for that price. So, not so bad if you do need installation.

Hmmm. . . 3 years ago when the youngest daughter bought hers, I just pulled my truck up, they loaded it on, and we took it home to install ourselves. Bo extra charges. PLUS:

megachacker said:   
$100 off with coupon code KITCH100 on items over $599 sold by Sears. Limit 1 discount per order

Apparently you must go all the way thru checkout and it does work. Moves it down to $409.99.

So, $409.99 out the door. No extra add on charges.

mistycoupon said:   It does not use an element to evaporate water, it condenses it, at least tries to.

As stated in a previous post, the Bosch DW super heats the water during the last rinse cycle, empties the water and lets the residual heat evaporate the rest of the moisture. It also states in the owners manual. . .IF you want faster drying, open the door a few inches and let the steam come out. We use a rolled up dish towel to hold the door open a few inches. Works like a champ.

And, if you are not home when the DW finishes, it still will dry the dishes. But like all dish washers, even ones with electric drying elements, don't expect the puddles that remain on the bottoms of cups, glasses and saucers to be gone. For that you want some fancy robotic unit that turns the dishes after washing. . . and maybe even puts them away for you.

Damnit, wish the $100 would apply to some of the models with hidden controls :-/

Some reviews mentioned about a smelly problem with the bosch dishwasher. Any of you have this problem before I pull the trigger?

I don't know if anyone else remembers, but due to a confluence of manufacturer rebates, there was a great FW deal about 2 years ago on a similar model for around $250 + $50 shipping. I picked one up and installed it myself in an hour. As far as rinsing agent expenses, in two years we only went through a single $7 bottle of JetDry from Costco...2 years. We just moved into a big new house with top of the line GE Monogram stainless appliances, and the thing I miss the most is Bosch dishwasher. Not only was it quieter, but it used less water, got dishes cleaner, had better racks, and would also wash plastic toddler stuff and baby bottles without any worries about things falling onto the heating element and melting (the Bosch doesn't have an exposed heating element at the bottom.)

Great deal OP.

carsonsig said:   snap!

I have been looking for a base model from Bosch! I dont need all the bells and whistles... just want QUIET!!!

thanks!

The whirlpool WDF510PAY that Lowes had for 299 about 3-4 months ago was allot quieter than our preceding whirlpool surprising as this one has quiet partner 2 and the previous had quiet partner 4 and was a whirlpool gold model.

Never been much of a fan of the Bosch units cost of repair and parts. That being said the cost of parts is what drove us to buy our new Whirlpool unit rather than replace the existing one (and that was doing the repair ourselves)

I'm with you on not needing all the bells and whistles and find the lower units a step above the base units seem to have all I need and at a cost that makes them replaceable as opposed to repairable if they break after a couple of years.

also on the quiet front don't be afraid to add to or replace the noise insulation provided by the manufacturer. numerous online articles about this and the "noise insulation" on the whirlpool appears to just a an insulation blanket applied to the outside. Do a little online research and you may be able to decrease the noise level yourself. We discovered that our opening was a bit wide and added insluation to one side which improved the noise level even further.

these are great dishwashers. I had one for the past 2 years and we just moved. I miss the dishwasher, its quiet and cleans very well. dont worry about it not having a food grinder. It has a well designed basket that catches big pieces (over 3/4 inch). I had to empty it once a month at the most. Make sure you keep the rinse aid full since it helps with the drying.
I am tempted to jump on this deal even tho the whirlpool in my new house works fine.

Skipping 45 Messages...
matte12 said:   Mastayau said:   This is my first post so please be gentle.

Bosch Dishwasher

Regular $599.00
Currently 15% off at Sears $509.00
add coupon KITCH100 for $100.00 off - 409.00
4% FW Cash Back
Free pickup at store

total 409.00 - 4% + tax = 429.00 out the door for me.

This was the top rated dishwasher at Consumer reports with a score of 81.

4 stars at Sears and everywhere else.

This is my first dishwasher ever.

Just to add to this. It also works for the white one.

White Bosch Dishwasher

I am interested to buy this Bosch diswasher but my problem is how I am going to ship it. My friend suggested that I should try parcelbound.com. Anyone here who have heard or try this? Or can you recommend me a trusted cargo forwarder that you know of?

My niece tried parcelbound.com and gives low or cheap international shipping rates and delivers on time.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014