• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
helloagain said:   Some reviews mentioned about a smelly problem with the bosch dishwasher. Any of you have this problem before I pull the trigger?

Only had smells if you left dirty dishes inside without washing for 2 or 3 days. Read up a few previous posts about what you should do with any dishwasher. Once a month, it is good maintenance to run a short cuske with 1/2 cup of vinegar or washing soda to clean the innards and remove mineral salts and grease deposits. The dish detergent doesn;t maintain the machine.

WootHead said:   mistycoupon said:   It does not use an element to evaporate water, it condenses it, at least tries to.

As stated in a previous post, the Bosch DW super heats the water during the last rinse cycle, empties the water and lets the residual heat evaporate the rest of the moisture. It also states in the owners manual. . .IF you want faster drying, open the door a few inches and let the steam come out. We use a rolled up dish towel to hold the door open a few inches. Works like a champ.

And, if you are not home when the DW finishes, it still will dry the dishes. But like all dish washers, even ones with electric drying elements, don't expect the puddles that remain on the bottoms of cups, glasses and saucers to be gone. For that you want some fancy robotic unit that turns the dishes after washing. . . and maybe even puts them away for you.


Superheats ?? LOL
In a dishwasher no way.
Great term, and people buy it becasue of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superheating

ternzer said:   these are great dishwashers. I had one for the past 2 years and we just moved. I miss the dishwasher, its quiet and cleans very well. dont worry about it not having a food grinder. It has a well designed basket that catches big pieces (over 3/4 inch). I had to empty it once a month at the most. Make sure you keep the rinse aid full since it helps with the drying.
I am tempted to jump on this deal even tho the whirlpool in my new house works fine.


We did just that. Nine years ago we built our current home and it came with a very noisey "contractors grade" Whirlpool. It worked ok but could not stand the noise. So we bought a Bosch at Sears. That was 9 years ago now. We sold the year old Whirlpool to a couple who had a rental unit that needed one and got $100 for it.

Mastayau said:   This is my first post so please be gentle.

Bosch Dishwasher

Regular $599.00
Currently 15% off at Sears $509.00
add coupon KITCH100 for $100.00 off - 409.00
4% FW Cash Back
Free pickup at store

total 409.00 - 4% + tax = 429.00 out the door for me.

This was the top rated dishwasher at Consumer reports with a score of 81.

4 stars at Sears and everywhere else.

This is my first dishwasher ever.

Just to add to this. It also works for the white one.

White Bosch Dishwasher


I am interested to buy this Bosch diswasher but my problem is how I am going to ship it. My friend suggested that I should try Parcel Bound. Anyone here who have heard or try this? Or can you recommend me a trusted cargo forwarder that you know of?

mistycoupon said:   

Superheats ?? LOL
In a dishwasher no way.
Great term, and people buy it becasue of it.

[/L]



It obviously does not "super heat" the water in the technical sense and you know it.... There;s always one in the crowd. Besides, as your quoted Wiki article indicates , water can become super heated in a microwave and at other times if conditions permit.

The manual says it heats the water to a temperature much hotter than most water heaters just before the final rinse to aid drying. It is very hot and you don;t want to touch the dishes for a bit right after it finishes a wash cycle.

And from personal experience Bosch falls far short of what you would expect for the price.
a. our first two from Sears were damaged in transit... Sears promply (three-weeks) replaced them, and the third was installed.
b. after installation, two service calls were required during the first six months. Covered under warranty.
c. one month after the warranty expired, it failed again. Called service, and for $260 they repaired it. Fortunately, my credit card "doubles the manufacturer's warranty, up to one year". So the receipt was submitted to them, and I was reimbused... after two more months.

Currently: we live with the noise which this supposedly quiet machine was to have delivered.

Good price OP.

WootHead said:   mistycoupon said:   

Superheats ?? LOL
In a dishwasher no way.
Great term, and people buy it becasue of it.

[/L]



It obviously does not "super heat" the water in the technical sense and you know it.... There;s always one in the crowd.


Why use the term super heat then ?
Yeah I guess I am that one guy in the crowd, that knows whats going on and doesn't fall for bogus info.
Caught it right away from my thermodynamics classes years ago.

Heats it hotter than the water heater ? Wow, that's even better than superheat.
It takes in hot water from your water heater, has a heating element that heats it, so 1 degree higher now qualifies this statement. LOL
More buyers lining up !!!

I know some aren't BestBuy fans but keep in mind that they price match, deliver for free and take away the old appliance and las but not least, have 18 month no interest financing. I pulled the trigger on a more expensive model today and saved almost $400

swright711 said:   I know some aren't BestBuy fans but keep in mind that they price match, deliver for free and take away the old appliance and las but not least, have 18 month no interest financing. I pulled the trigger on a more expensive model today and saved almost $400

So you bought it at Best Buy then or Sears? You are right. .. good points! Especially for those who have an old unit to remove and need delivery/

linkcinch said:   And from personal experience Bosch falls far short of what you would expect for the price.
a. our first two from Sears were damaged in transit... Sears promply (three-weeks) replaced them, and the third was installed.
b. after installation, two service calls were required during the first six months. Covered under warranty.
c. one month after the warranty expired, it failed again. Called service, and for $260 they repaired it. Fortunately, my credit card "doubles the manufacturer's warranty, up to one year". So the receipt was submitted to them, and I was reimbused... after two more months.

Currently: we live with the noise which this supposedly quiet machine was to have delivered.

Good price OP.


Your experience sounds unfortunate, but I don't think your first point has anything to do with Bosch, unless all other brand dishwashers have special tie-downs in the packaging enabling them to be hauled more securely.

I don't understand what you're trying to say about the "noise which this supposedly quiet machine was to have delivered.", but my experience mirrors a few others in this thread which is that the noise is barely perceptible.

kaveh2k said:   Bosch is the BMW and Mercedes of appliances. Made in Germany I believe

Most of Bosch's stuff is now made in North Carolina. Along with Electrolux.

kaveh2k said:   Bosch is the BMW and Mercedes of appliances. Made in Germany I believe

All of our Bosch appliances are "made in California" and I am sure the parts are coming from all over the world; but Bosch appliances are USA products.

Bosch from Sears = NO WAY

Makes me wish ours was broken so I could buy this to replace it. Our last house had a Bosch and it was so freaking quiet! Our Whirlpool gold doesn't even hold a candle...

Anyone know what size plates you can fit in the bottom shelf without them bumping into the spinning thingy that hangs from the top shelf?

The upper rack has an adjustable height thingy. The lower rack should hold your round dinner thingies just fine unless they are huge.

berkeleyman said:   some bad reviews on differently colored models - looks like the rack is not too well designed for dish placements

I have a similar model and that's the one thing I dislike about Bosch is the rack design. Other than that, it's a great dishwasher. It does a great job cleaning and you can stand right next to it and carry on a normal conversation while it's running.

skibbieranger said:   Anyone know what size plates you can fit in the bottom shelf without them bumping into the spinning thingy that hangs from the top shelf?

I just measured mine and it's just shy of 13". It's much better than my last dishwasher in this regard.

pietromoon said:   These are horrible dishwashers, incapable of cleaning much of anything

They do though remain the repairmans favorite

Had one replaced under warranty last month and promplty sold it on craigslist for 300

It was replaced with the repairmans least favorite a KithcenAid/Maytag/Whirpool Tall Tub, she cleans like no tomorrow


The Maytag repairman [sic] doesn't get as much rest as used to

I had one before I sold my house and it was awesome! Great dishwashers. No melted plastic either!!

Good post, but the price (before discounts) appears at $539 now.... up $30 .....since yesterday?
So I did a chat with Sears and this was the answer:

"I've checked and seen that currently the item was in sales yesterday. I see that the sale price have ended this Morning."

Thanks OP, for giving us the post and a chance, most of us are use to the need for a fast move.

Love my Bosch DW. Cleans well and is extremely quiet. It has a little red light that shines down on to the floor so you know that it is still running becasue you can't hear it from a few feet away... Does not have a heater to dry the dishes so if you don't use the heating/sanitizing option they won't be dry right after washing. Takes a little getting used to.

WootHead said:   Excellent deal for a Bosch DW. <snip>.
poorfatkid said:   Love my Bosch DW <snip>
Oh..now I know what DW stands for I always that it's Dear Wife..

We bought a new house in November and it's got this dishwasher, thanks I didn't realize it was such a highly rated machine. I will say this is the quietest dishwasher I've ever experienced and our dishes have come out very clean. We use the finish tabs with the powerball and haven't had any issues, got them from Costco on sale a few months back.

The only slightly negative thing is the layout of the bottom racks, it's great for putting in lots of dishes, but it's not very bowl friendly. The supports to hold everything are so close together that we haven't really figured out the best way to store multiple bowls in it.

breaux124 said:   We bought a new house in November and it's got this dishwasher, thanks I didn't realize it was such a highly rated machine. I will say this is the quietest dishwasher I've ever experienced and our dishes have come out very clean. We use the finish tabs with the powerball and haven't had any issues, got them from Costco on sale a few months back.

The only slightly negative thing is the layout of the bottom racks, it's great for putting in lots of dishes, but it's not very bowl friendly. The supports to hold everything are so close together that we haven't really figured out the best way to store multiple bowls in it.


Yes, we recently switched to Finish detergent with the powerball and like it over previous detergents since they took all or most of the phosphates out.

I agree, it does take a little figuring out how to place bowls. Unless they changed the racks significantly since we got ours, we usually find it is pretty easy to place bowls in the bottom section. My wife seems more adept at this than me. She seems to puzzle it all out and get more dishes into the thing than I can.

fokatkamaal said:   WootHead said:   Excellent deal for a Bosch DW. <snip>.
poorfatkid said:   Love my Bosch DW <snip>
Oh..now I know what DW stands for I always that it's Dear Wife..


I guess it depends on what forum "DW" is used on. I've gotten sidetracked more than once when visiting a new forum where similar acronyms are used. I used "DW" for dishwasher since that is often the initials used on architectural drawings for home layouts. . . WH for water heater, WC for water closet or toilet, etc.

Good deal! Does anyone have suggestions to reduce the installation charges? Sears seem to charge nearly $200 in my neighborhood. Thanks.

fokatkamaal said:   WootHead said:   Excellent deal for a Bosch DW. <snip>.
poorfatkid said:   Love my Bosch DW <snip>
Oh..now I know what DW stands for I always that it's Dear Wife..


Be careful at home

I bought this exact dishwasher for $460 a few weeks ago and am happy with it so far.

guycine said:   Good deal! Does anyone have suggestions to reduce the installation charges? Sears seem to charge nearly $200 in my neighborhood. Thanks.

Install it yourself? If you are just replacing an existing dishwasher, it's a fairly simple installation.

One thing to ad. . . when we bought our Bosch from Sears, they had a $50 rebate on the installation, plus when purchased as an "install" in some states, you may not be charged sales tax such as was our case. The reason is that a DW, once installed, is part of the house just like a furnace, etc; so no sales tax is charged.

Don't know why they get to charge you tax if you buy it and install it yourself though. Not very fair it would seem.

WootHead said:   One thing to ad. . . when we bought our Bosch from Sears, they had a $50 rebate on the installation, plus when purchased as an "install" in some states, you may not be charged sales tax such as was our case. The reason is that a DW, once installed, is part of the house just like a furnace, etc; so no sales tax is charged.

Don't know why they get to charge you tax if you buy it and install it yourself though. Not very fair it would seem.


Its because if you can install it yourself, you can most likely remove it and move it to the next house you move to. So its less a part of the house.

Mastayau said:   WootHead said:   One thing to ad. . . when we bought our Bosch from Sears, they had a $50 rebate on the installation, plus when purchased as an "install" in some states, you may not be charged sales tax such as was our case. The reason is that a DW, once installed, is part of the house just like a furnace, etc; so no sales tax is charged.

Don't know why they get to charge you tax if you buy it and install it yourself though. Not very fair it would seem.


Its because if you can install it yourself, you can most likely remove it and move it to the next house you move to. So its less a part of the house.


Well, you could also have someone else (or yourself) uninstall it if installation was purchased. If that is indeed the reasoning. I have to wonder if states just do this to collect more sales tax. Ya think?

Coop1979 said:   guycine said:   Good deal! Does anyone have suggestions to reduce the installation charges? Sears seem to charge nearly $200 in my neighborhood. Thanks.

Install it yourself? If you are just replacing an existing dishwasher, it's a fairly simple installation.


Yes, definitely not too difficult, though there are a couple of things on older dishwashers, such as you might need a reducer from 3/8 to 1/4 piping, or 90 degree angles.
I had ours installed by a "professional" -- it was free of course with delivery on a end of year promotion. Guy showed up and asked if I had a ladder, because he could not reach the pipe in basement. Then the wire was too short and he did not do electrics, then the pipe was the wrong diameter and he did not do plumbing, then he "installed" it, but it stuck out 2 inches and said "that's as far back as it goes". Needless to say, I had to do the plumbing and wiring myself anyway, and the next morning I pulled out the dishwasher to see why it did not go back to discover there was a little block of wood that just needed to be removed... oh, and it was not even level with the cabinets. very very comical, no wonder it was free.

so yes, do it yourself of get in a plumber which would prob be cheaper.

WootHead said:   One thing to ad. . . when we bought our Bosch from Sears, they had a $50 rebate on the installation, plus when purchased as an "install" in some states, you may not be charged sales tax such as was our case. The reason is that a DW, once installed, is part of the house just like a furnace, etc; so no sales tax is charged.

Don't know why they get to charge you tax if you buy it and install it yourself though. Not very fair it would seem.


May depend on state/local sales tax law. In some materials and labor that are part of a capital improvements may be exempt from sales tax while in others it may be only labor that is exempt or there may be other variations; and some require C.I. forms be filed.

Little about taxes is simple and common sense may not apply. Supports an industry. How many deal postings here for TT?

the $100 code is not working for me, did it expire?

Looks like they have an up to $150 rebate on installation for this:
http://c.shld.net/assets/docs/spin_prod_784678312.pdf

stowie67 said:   the $100 code is not working for me, did it expire?

Yesterday you had to go all the way to checkout for the $100 off to show up 'in cart.'

megachacker said:   stowie67 said:   the $100 code is not working for me, did it expire?

Yesterday you had to go all the way to checkout for the $100 off to show up 'in cart.'


I did, just had to hit submit and didn't show up, guess I missed it. I actually wanted to look at it before buying, oh well....guess the airplane noise (sounds like one taking off) DW will stay abit longer LOL

I got a Bosch (SHX3AR75UC) last August on sale at Sears and love it! I checked CR too and picked a Bosch because it was top rated. I however mistook free delivery for free installation, and the guys who showed up only dropped it off and did not collect my old one. I had to order installation separately. It is very quiet and cleans great; definitely consult the manual about how to stack dishes; it took a while to get used to stacking bowls per the diagram but you can fit quite a few. Other thing that takes getting used to is the controls, which are on the inside and require pressing and holding some buttons to activate other functions. Other than that I'm treat to a clean, quiet dishwashing experience!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014