• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
i hope i'm not accidentally reposting due to time stamp..

the ad is up

FAR
564121 photo paper $14.99/ea limit 2

There's also Hammermill paper for $3AR (limit 4) (maybe coupon will come out later in the week to make this better)

other dollar deals (limit 2) include:
563639 color pencils
composition books
521171 zebra pens

B2G1 paper case deal is ongoing.

564950 Canon printing calculator $4.99AR 564950 (14.99-$10 rebate. I think it's limit 1 per eligible product from rebate form...rebate is here )

Tax software deals so far only have 2 FAR software with purchase of tax software

(1 McAfee item 120619)
(1 quicken starter 953842)

39 cent color copies (if it helps someone..)

I'm not sure on the tech deals, but maybe...

985050 HP laptop with Next Gen AMD A6 APU $349.99AR
922456 Acer® 20" wide-screen LED monitor $99.90

danomcgarret in QS said: Added deal - Get a $10 Staples gift card when you purchase $50 of HP ink
after easy rebate.Valid January 20 - January 26. Limit 2 rebates per household.

update #2: the upcoming ad seems to have coupons on front page, so...

$2.99/24 pack of water with coupon (see attached)
797727 Bounty® Basic paper towels, 8/pack $4 with coupon (also attached)

Thank you for reading this.

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

staples (15.55kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Unless they have changed the requirements, the pastels will not go through.

c3 (Jan. 27, 2013 @ 3:42p) |

you are correct. It did not. I contacted them and they are going to escalate and see.

gocint (Jan. 28, 2013 @ 7:49a) |

I 'live' at two different addresses. two separate receipts.

davriley1 (Jan. 29, 2013 @ 11:02p) |

Added deal - Get a $10 Staples gift card when you purchase $50 of HP ink
after easy rebate.Valid January 20 - January 26. Limit 2 rebates per household.
  • Also categorized in:

This week $10 coupon codes for tax software have been sent out to Rewards customers.

Also, the end of the Staples fiscal year is coming up so look for a juicy coupon or two if we are lucky.

JiggleTheHandle said:   This week $10 coupon codes for tax software have been sent out to Rewards customers.

Also, the end of the Staples fiscal year is coming up so look for a juicy coupon or two if we are lucky.
Juicy coupon would be nice but if it's the 25% rewards one like last year there are few FAR items to reap the benefits. What a let down from last year. More like 2011.

mathfaster said:   Juicy coupon would be nice but if it's the 25% rewards one like last year there are few FAR items to reap the benefits. What a let down from last year. More like 2011.

Tell me about it...Looking at my spreadsheet, this time last year I was scouring all the Staples in my area, grabbing all the FAR software.
I made roughly $300 in rewards from the 25% promo.

BeanTech said:   mathfaster said:   Juicy coupon would be nice but if it's the 25% rewards one like last year there are few FAR items to reap the benefits. What a let down from last year. More like 2011.

Tell me about it...Looking at my spreadsheet, this time last year I was scouring all the Staples in my area, grabbing all the FAR software.
I made roughly $300 in rewards from the 25% promo.

Even without extra 25% reward promo, I would be happy if they atleast had some FAR items, so as to make my spending for this year near to $1K to stay at premier status. What a letdown.

Hoping something would come up later, as it's just a start. Will see.

MysteriousGirl said:   

Even without extra 25% reward promo, I would be happy if they atleast had some FAR items, so as to make my spending for this year near to $1K to stay at premier status. What a letdown.

You realize if you are already at premier from last year you have all of 2013 to get to $1000 for next. You don't need to get there all at once, unless you travel abroad most of the year. Most months they offer enough FAR in photo paper alone to do get there over a 12 month strech

freakinout said:   MysteriousGirl said:   

You realize if you are already at premier from last year you have all of 2013 to get to $1000 for next. You don't need to get there all at once, unless you travel abroad most of the year. Most months they offer enough FAR in photo paper alone to do get there over a 12 month strech

Yes I do. All I want to spend is for being premier for next yr. Not sure how photo paper alone would put me there. Hope some FAR comes out.

MysteriousGirl said:   freakinout said:   MysteriousGirl said:   

Yes I do. All I want to spend is for being premier for next yr. Not sure how photo paper alone would put me there. Hope some FAR comes out.
Through 1/26 you could/can buy $150 in photo paper. for 2013. That and ream paper may be the vehicle this year to premier.

MysteriousGirl said:   freakinout said:   MysteriousGirl said:   

Since 1/1, there has been anywhere between $30-60 FAR or $1 aer items PER WEEK (photo and ream paper). with $5/25 coupons when available, that makes the $1ar items free.

So assuming an average of $35 per week in rebate items, that's $135 in spend for the month. x 12 would have you well over $1000. Yes, if there's ample photo/ream paper deals offered week to week, you could theoretically make premier just on paper type rebates alone over the course of 12 months.

MISTERCHEAP said:   

Since 1/1, there has been anywhere between $30-60 FAR or $1 aer items PER WEEK (photo and ream paper). with $5/25 coupons when available, that makes the $1ar items free.

So assuming an average of $35 per week in rebate items, that's $135 in spend for the month. x 12 would have you well over $1000. Yes, if there's ample photo/ream paper deals offered week to week, you could theoretically make premier just on paper type rebates alone over the course of 12 months.

Yea, if they run FAR photo paper 2x a month , with a limit of 4 per week, that will pretty much get you premiere by itself over the course of the year. It's not out of line with what they have been doing

Bottom line is no need to rush, you should have plenty of chances over the next 12 months

Out of curiosity, what does Staples get out of making this photo paper FAR over and over again? What is their angle?

dbl118 said:   Out of curiosity, what does Staples get out of making this photo paper FAR over and over again? What is their angle?

It gets foot traffic in the store and they also can sell $0.06 worth of paper for $1.00 or less

dbl118 said:   Out of curiosity, what does Staples get out of making this photo paper FAR over and over again? What is their angle?

ink, somebody ends up using this.

JamesTKirk said:   dbl118 said:   Out of curiosity, what does Staples get out of making this photo paper FAR over and over again? What is their angle?

ink, somebody ends up using this.

True... I do use some of the photo paper (I really like the Staples Photo Supreme Matte 8.5x11 they have next week, though I have like 30+ packages of it at the moment), and if I didn't refill my own ink cartridges for my photo printer, I suppose I'd probably buy my ink there.

radiation said:   dbl118 said:   Out of curiosity, what does Staples get out of making this photo paper FAR over and over again? What is their angle?

It gets foot traffic in the store and they also can sell $0.06 worth of paper for $1.00 or less

Precisely. Most folks don't go in and just buy the photo paper anyway. They see something else (with a much higher profit margin) and grab that too.

Also, believe or not some people end up not filing rebates or using rewards.

Thistle52 said:   Also, believe or not some people end up not filing rebates or using rewards.Nope, we don't believe. Not with easy rebates. And what exactly is wrong with using rewards??

aarzi said:   Thistle52 said:   Also, believe or not some people end up not filing rebates or using rewards.Nope, we don't believe. Not with easy rebates. And what exactly is wrong with using rewards??

He meant... people letting rewards expire unused. To the original question, it's an "actuarial game." Unsubmitted rebates, add-on purchases, the paper itself is high margin. and so on. They're not going broke over FAR paper.

I wonder if they did so well w/ the Visa gc promo that they don't need to boost sales for FY end.

If every shopper that set foot in Staples was from FW, they'd have gone out of business ten years ago.

Fixed it for you.

BeanTech said:   If every shopper that set foot in (any store) was from FW, they'd have gone out of business ten years ago.

Got an email from Staples for a 15% off in store coupon (along with a $15/$100 online), valid through Monday, so make a bit of money on the FAR photo paper, and this week's too if you haven't already done it.

csdx said:   Got an email from Staples for a 15% off in store coupon (along with a $15/$100 online), valid through Monday, so make a bit of money on the FAR photo paper, and this week's too if you haven't already done it.

It says can't combine with other coupon, so won't make money on this week's photo paper (because they are only free after the $1 off coupon).

Yeah, but if you use the new coupon instead you'll get $1.50 per photo paper instead of $1 off. I suppose it's only a $0.50 mm but there's also no hassle of 1 coupon per transaction limits so you can buy all 4 at once.

I am going to try: 4 reams + 2 photo papers, $10 off $50 office supply mobile app coupon (my last one!) + 15% off total purchase. I never remember which order these get applied in, but should be a $5-$7 moneymaker if they take both coupons together. Plenty of rewards to cash out, so no tax for me as well...

niniss said:   

It says can't combine with other coupon, so won't make money on this week's photo paper (because they are only free after the $1 off coupon).

Try anyway. Often you can combine $x off with x% off coupons

aarzi said:   Thistle52 said:   Also, believe or not some people end up not filing rebates or using rewards.Nope, we don't believe. Not with easy rebates. And what exactly is wrong with using rewards??

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1157891/m1750316...

c3 said:   aarzi said:   Thistle52 said:   Also, believe or not some people end up not filing rebates or using rewards.Nope, we don't believe. Not with easy rebates. And what exactly is wrong with using rewards??

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1157891/m1750316...
They must have not been premier as IIRC you get a reminder on rewards that are about to expire unused. I have never gotten even remotely close.

aarzi said:   Thistle52 said:   Also, believe or not some people end up not filing rebates or using rewards.Nope, we don't believe. Not with easy rebates.

You must be joking!

If companies were having 100% of their rebates redeemed, they wouldn't bother to offer them. It would be cheaper to just give discounts at the register as they wouldn't have to pay the fulfillment companies, deal with the cust service hassles, pay for postage etc... Even with easy rebates, it requires the buyer to not only remember to do it, but then to actually sit down and do it. There are obviously a large percentage of folks that never bother, otherwise why go through the added expense of offering them in the first place. If they were sure you were going to do it, they would just give the discount at POS, or at the very least file rebates on your behalf automatically when they scanned your rewards card. they don't do it because they know there is a very real chance the average consumer will never follow-through

freakinout said:   niniss said:   

Try anyway. Often you can combine $x off with x% off coupons

I just tried this afternoon. It will only take one coupon per item. In this particular case, the cashier insisted on using the $1 off coupon first so natually the 15% off couldn't be applied to the photo papers. It would have been better off to use the 15% coupon only and forget about the $1 coupon. Oh well, live and learn.

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/coupons/?&cm_ite=Ongoing+-+Staple...

3 FARebate reams: 1 MP 96/20 and 2 pastel. Combine with 15% coupon.

c3 said:   http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/coupons/?&cm_ite=Ongoing+-+Staples+Basic&...

3 FARebate reams: 1 MP 96/20 and 2 pastel. Combine with 15% coupon.
Nice find - green for you! Add these 3 papers to the 2 FAR photo's and you can monetize ~ $47 in Rewards.

Dano

DanoMcGarret said:   Add these 3 papers to the 2 FAR photo's and you can monetize ~ $47 in Rewards.

Unless you have to cash out the rewards, I would not recommend using rewards for the ream paper. Refund is more difficult with rewards if the rebate does not print out, and you lose the 10% reward on ream paper.

freakinout said:   aarzi said:   Thistle52 said:   Also, believe or not some people end up not filing rebates or using rewards.Nope, we don't believe. Not with easy rebates.

You must be joking!

Of course I was.

I couldn't resist responding to the "believe or not" part, as if the whole notion was far-fetched.

For the bottled water, I assume that CA CRV is added. Correct?

c3 said:   DanoMcGarret said:   Add these 3 papers to the 2 FAR photo's and you can monetize ~ $47 in Rewards.

Unless you have to cash out the rewards, I would not recommend using rewards for the ream paper. Refund is more difficult with rewards if the rebate does not print out, and you lose the 10% reward on ream paper.

Good idea. Green. The only downside of NOT using rewards for ream paper is rewards make it so you don't owe sales tax, but I guess in the end it will be truly free when you pay cash after you factor in the 10% paper rewards you will get back for buying ream paper.

I think in my situation from last week with my balance coupon of $29.xx I will not use the 15% of coupon on that order and lose $4.50. The reason for this is the general manager will have to override the balance coupon and if he saw that I used a 15% off coupon on the free after rebate photo papers he might not be a happy camper. I want to make it as simple as a transaction as possible (no coupons) and still be able to cash out the overridden balance coupon. After that I think I will start shopping at other Staples, even though that one is close to home.

(or I could be hard nosed and get 2 photo papers and 1 Staples ream paper and use the coupon for one free Staples ream and the 15% off coupon and insist he let me do the transaction and if he refuses call the Office of the President.)

FYI (just in case)

rebate offer 13-43946
Promotion details
Promotion: $6.99 Rebate on Staples 8.5x11 Multipurpose Paper Ream (SKU 513099) at Staples Stores ONLY
Rebate reward: Rebate Check
PayPal
Valid purchase dates: 01/20/13 through 01/26/13
Must be submitted by: Purchase Date Plus 60 Days
Promotion details:
Purchase must be made between 01/20/13 and 01/26/13. Requests MUST be submitted online or postmarked within 60 days from date of purchase. To submit online go to www.stapleseasyrebates.com and follow the instructions. To mail rebate Staples STORE PURCHASE: Send ONLY the completed ORIGINAL rebate redemption form printed from the cash register, the ORIGINAL submission form printed from www.stapleseasyrebates.com, or the ORIGINAL PDF submission form provided by a Staples store. Offer valid in US only. Good for actual purchases by end users; excludes resellers and distributors of products and their families. You should receive your rebate within 4-6 weeks after claim is received. All rebates will be made in US dollars. We are not responsible for lost or misdirected mail and illegible entries. Staples logo and product names are trademarks of Staples and their respective companies. Limit 1 rebate per name/address/household. For questions about your rebate call 1-877-266-6483. Fraudulent submissions could result in federal prosecution under the U.S. Mail Fraud Statutes (18 USC, Section 1341 & 1342). Keep a copy of your documents for future reference.

pastel rebate offer 13-43941
Promotion: $8.99 Rebate on all Staples 8.5 x 11 Pastels Colored Paper (SKUs 490935, 490936, 490944, 490947, 490948, 490950, 678824, 678826, 678829, 678831, 679481) at Staples Stores ONLY
Rebate reward: Rebate Check
PayPal
Valid purchase dates: 01/20/13 through 01/26/13
Must be submitted by: Purchase Date Plus 60 Days
Promotion details:
Purchase must be made between 01/20/13 and 01/26/13. Requests MUST be submitted online or postmarked within 60 days from date of purchase. To submit online go to www.stapleseasyrebates.com and follow the instructions. To mail rebate Staples STORE PURCHASE: Send ONLY the completed ORIGINAL rebate redemption form printed from the cash register, the ORIGINAL submission form printed from www.stapleseasyrebates.com, or the ORIGINAL PDF submission form provided by a Staples store. Offer valid in US only. Good for actual purchases by end users; excludes resellers and distributors of products and their families. You should receive your rebate within 4-6 weeks after claim is received. All rebates will be made in US dollars. We are not responsible for lost or misdirected mail and illegible entries. Staples logo and product names are trademarks of Staples and their respective companies. Limit 2 rebates per name/address/household. For questions about your rebate call 1-877-266-6483. Fraudulent submissions could result in federal prosecution under the U.S. Mail Fraud Statutes (18 USC, Section 1341 & 1342). Keep a copy of your documents for future reference.

the photo paper rebate is 12-41641 (limit 2, like ad said)

anyone buy the free after rebate papers with the coupons? did the rebates print out?

macroman said:   anyone buy the free after rebate papers with the coupons? did the rebates print out?

uh...I got the numbers AFTER purchasing them? please read my post 15 minutes ABOVE yours, please.

Also, the the coupons are dummy skus, so a person can combine the paper with the 15% off.

Skipping 42 Messages...
MysteriousGirl said:   davriley1 said:   UPDATE: Sweet! the coupon code (117308) was entered as a coupon and did not trigger the rebate form.
Called manager back. told her to try entering that number as a sku. pulled the form right up. as we were out of the area and could not bring the paper back to 'rebuy' The manager was actually as happy as I was to see it work now! She offered to mail to us 'gift cards' valued at the 100% full price of the 4 reams of paper we had bought. That's why it pays to be courteous as possible to managers. (within reason, as some CSR's/managers are total jerks).

Just remember to ask the cashier to enter that number (117308) first as a SKU number (or what people have been referring to as a dummy sku - which was confusing to me initially).

Happy Ending!!!

How come u purchased 4 reams, isn't the limit 2 max ?

I 'live' at two different addresses. two separate receipts.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014