• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
VivYip said:   macroman said:   anyone buy the free after rebate papers with the coupons? did the rebates print out?

uh...I got the numbers AFTER purchasing them? please read my post 15 minutes ABOVE yours, please.

Also, the the coupons are dummy skus, so a person can combine the paper with the 15% off.

Did you scan the pastels dummy SKU twice or just once?

metsfan said:   VivYip said:   macroman said:   anyone buy the free after rebate papers with the coupons? did the rebates print out?

uh...I got the numbers AFTER purchasing them? please read my post 15 minutes ABOVE yours, please.

Also, the the coupons are dummy skus, so a person can combine the paper with the 15% off.

Did you scan the pastels dummy SKU twice or just once?
Right now it is not a scanable coupon. There is no bar code. Maybe on Tuesday when the email blast comes out it will have a bar code for the dummy sku. When I did an equivalent dummy sku last week and bought 2 ream papers(the HammerMill fiasco), the sku was on the receipt twice.

pastels and FAR paper are all dummy coupons. I had the cashier scan the pastels twice (to be on the safe side) All the rebates printed out. (1 rebate for the 2 phot, 1 rebate for the paper, and 1 rebate for the 2 pastels (2 diff colors)) receipt says there were 8 items (5 physical items, 3 dummy skus)

edit: the dummy skus had to be typed in. Sorry for the lack of clarification. (it's like a check-in coupon...no barcodes)

mathfaster said:   Did you scan the pastels dummy SKU twice or just once?Right now it is not a scanable coupon. There is no bar code. Maybe on Tuesday when the email blast comes out it will have a bar code for the dummy sku. When I did an equivalent dummy sku last week and bought 2 ream papers(the HammerMill fiasco), the sku was on the receipt twice.

Good idea. I was planning to head down there in an hour but this looks like a repeat of last week's mess.

Also, I have no local ad and can't find the photo paper rebate on their website. Does anyone know if the rebate is going to work anyway?

The cashier initially said that both dummy SKUs didn't go through (apparently she entered them like coupons, so it threw an error), but she figured it out before I did . I was a bit surprised that the rebate forms printed for the papers, but not for the TM (yes, I bought the right one and the correct SKU is listed on my receipt).

bytem3 said:   The cashier initially said that both dummy SKUs didn't go through (apparently she entered them like coupons, so it threw an error), but she figured it out before I did . I was a bit surprised that the rebate forms printed for the papers, but not for the TM (yes, I bought the right one and the correct SKU is listed on my receipt).

TM is an online only rebate, won't print out at a store register. rebate is valid however.

LorenPechtel said:   mathfaster said:   Did you scan the pastels dummy SKU twice or just once?Right now it is not a scanable coupon. There is no bar code. Maybe on Tuesday when the email blast comes out it will have a bar code for the dummy sku. When I did an equivalent dummy sku last week and bought 2 ream papers(the HammerMill fiasco), the sku was on the receipt twice.

Good idea. I was planning to head down there in an hour but this looks like a repeat of last week's mess.

Also, I have no local ad and can't find the photo paper rebate on their website. Does anyone know if the rebate is going to work anyway?

all store rebates are printing as they should (photo paper and coupon sku generated ream/color paper rebates with the coupon)

MISTERCHEAP said:   LorenPechtel said:   mathfaster said:   Did you scan the pastels dummy SKU twice or just once?Right now it is not a scanable coupon. There is no bar code. Maybe on Tuesday when the email blast comes out it will have a bar code for the dummy sku. When I did an equivalent dummy sku last week and bought 2 ream papers(the HammerMill fiasco), the sku was on the receipt twice.

all store rebates are printing as they should (photo paper and coupon sku generated ream/color paper rebates with the coupon)
The in-store ad at the location I went to only listed the photo paper as FAR, but there was no date listed on the flyer, so I wasn't sure if it was the current ad or the ad for last week. So, I decided not to chance it. Also, none of the signs in the store had been updated and the price for the plain printer paper was even wrong (though it scanned in correctly at the till).

freakinout said:   aarzi said:   Thistle52 said:   Also, believe or not some people end up not filing rebates or using rewards.Nope, we don't believe. Not with easy rebates.

You must be joking!

If companies were having 100% of their rebates redeemed, they wouldn't bother to offer them. It would be cheaper to just give discounts at the register as they wouldn't have to pay the fulfillment companies, deal with the cust service hassles, pay for postage etc... Even with easy rebates, it requires the buyer to not only remember to do it, but then to actually sit down and do it. There are obviously a large percentage of folks that never bother, otherwise why go through the added expense of offering them in the first place. If they were sure you were going to do it, they would just give the discount at POS, or at the very least file rebates on your behalf automatically when they scanned your rewards card. they don't do it because they know there is a very real chance the average consumer will never follow-through

And in my case, forget to deposit the check in time. I hardly use cash anymore so I go to the bank maybe 2-3 times a year and only because I realize last minute that my rebate checks are about to expire. A few times I had to count 90 days from the date on the check to figure out if I was late already. Got lucky on a winter rebate as February only had 28 days. =P

c3 said:   DanoMcGarret said:   Add these 3 papers to the 2 FAR photo's and you can monetize ~ $47 in Rewards.

Unless you have to cash out the rewards, I would not recommend using rewards for the ream paper. Refund is more difficult with rewards if the rebate does not print out, and you lose the 10% reward on ream paper.
Do what you think makes sense to you but I used Rewards yesterday and the photo paper and ream paper and had zero problems with the SKU's being scanned and getting the rebates. Using Rewards means zero tax in CA and I've got a bunch of Reards to monetize.

Dano

DTKim said:   I hardly use cash anymore so I go to the bank maybe 2-3 times a year and only because I realize last minute that my rebate checks are about to expire.

What's a bank?

In future, for SER's, choose Paypal option when offered, and get your bank's "app" for your phone or tablet to deposit electronically. Both have saved me from the situation you describe several times.

DTKim said:   freakinout said:   aarzi said:   Thistle52 said:   Also, believe or not some people end up not filing rebates or using rewards.Nope, we don't believe. Not with easy rebates.

You must be joking!

If companies were having 100% of their rebates redeemed, they wouldn't bother to offer them. It would be cheaper to just give discounts at the register as they wouldn't have to pay the fulfillment companies, deal with the cust service hassles, pay for postage etc... Even with easy rebates, it requires the buyer to not only remember to do it, but then to actually sit down and do it. There are obviously a large percentage of folks that never bother, otherwise why go through the added expense of offering them in the first place. If they were sure you were going to do it, they would just give the discount at POS, or at the very least file rebates on your behalf automatically when they scanned your rewards card. they don't do it because they know there is a very real chance the average consumer will never follow-through

And in my case, forget to deposit the check in time. I hardly use cash anymore so I go to the bank maybe 2-3 times a year and only because I realize last minute that my rebate checks are about to expire. A few times I had to count 90 days from the date on the check to figure out if I was late already. Got lucky on a winter rebate as February only had 28 days. =P
Most banks will accept deposits upto 30 days late. I use BofA ATM, no problem. YMMV. I also deposit "Valid ID required" checks in others' names endorsed to me. No problem.

In your situation, even months later, use chat. Ask "where is my check?". They will send you another one. You can still do it for anything you missed depositing in 2012. No mileage variation.

aarzi said:   Most banks will accept deposits upto 30 days late. I use BofA ATM, no problem. YMMV. I also deposit "Valid ID required" checks in others' names endorsed to me. No problem.

In your situation, even months later, use chat. Ask "where is my check?". They will send you another one. You can still do it for anything you missed depositing in 2012. No mileage variation.

Getting your bank to accept a check for deposit is only one of the potential problems with a check beyond its cash by date. The other is that the account the check is cashed on could be closed soon after the cash by date. Your bank's check acceptance policy is not going to help with the latter.

So go the chat route if it's Staples.

I mail my rebate checks to the bank every few months. As long as I do a deposit every 90 days checks don't expire. Endorse them w/ my free after Rewards self-inking stamp from Staples.

MISTERCHEAP said:   bytem3 said:   The cashier initially said that both dummy SKUs didn't go through (apparently she entered them like coupons, so it threw an error), but she figured it out before I did . I was a bit surprised that the rebate forms printed for the papers, but not for the TM (yes, I bought the right one and the correct SKU is listed on my receipt).

TM is an online only rebate, won't print out at a store register. rebate is valid however.

I'm confused, how can the rebate be valid for an in-store purchase if the rebate says it's for Staples.com purchases only?

roy7736 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   bytem3 said:   I was a bit surprised that the rebate forms printed for the papers, but not for the TM (yes, I bought the right one and the correct SKU is listed on my receipt).TM is an online only rebate, won't print out at a store register. rebate is valid however.I'm confused, how can the rebate be valid for an in-store purchase if the rebate says it's for Staples.com purchases only?MC didn't say that it was valid for an in-store purchase, he said it was a valid rebate [when bought via .com]. FYI - Kiosk = .com

I have never ordered stuff at the kiosk before, so please excuse my ignorance.

Is the following a possible scenario?

2 photo paper + 2 pastels + 1 paper + Trend Micro software (from kiosk) + 3 dummy skus + 1 15% coupon = 1 transaction at the B&M register to cash out rewards and still get rebates for all the items.

VivYip said:   I have never ordered stuff at the kiosk before, so please excuse my ignorance.

2 photo paper + 2 pastels + 1 paper + Trend Micro software (from kiosk) + 3 dummy skus + 1 15% coupon = 1 transaction at the B&M register to cash out rewards and still get rebates for all the items.
Yes, assuming you buy the photo/pastels/ream in-store and order TM at kiosk with Pay In Store option.

1) Order TM at kiosk - use pay in store option.
2) Take kiosk receipt and assorted FAR papers to register.
3) Have cashier scan kiosk receipt, FAR papers.
4) Have cashier enter NI SKUs for each paper (twice for pastels).
5) Hand cashier 15% off coupon.
6) Hand cashier rewards "check".
7) Pay balance, if any.
8) Thank cashier.
9) Grab bags and exit store and search for your car.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   VivYip said:   I have never ordered stuff at the kiosk before, so please excuse my ignorance.

Yes, assuming you buy the photo/pastels/ream in-store and order TM at kiosk with Pay In Store option.

1) Order TM at kiosk - use pay in store option.
2) Take kiosk receipt and assorted FAR papers to register.
3) Have cashier scan kiosk receipt, FAR papers.
4) Have cashier enter NI SKUs for each paper (twice for pastels).
5) Hand cashier 15% off coupon.
6) Hand cashier rewards "check".
7) Pay balance, if any.
8) Thank cashier.
9) Grab bags and exit store and search for your car.
10) Check receipt for all coupons and NI Skus and rebates while sitting in car. 11) If not correct go back to store with goods and receipt and do return/rebuy

thank you for the explanation. that was very helpful!

it made me think of another question though...would I be able to still get all rebates from the aforementioned scenario? (the papers are in-store rebates and the software is .com rebate...which one would the purchase be considered?) thank you again for answering my question.

VivYip said:   thank you for the explanation. that was very helpful!

it made me think of another question though...would I be able to still get all rebates from the aforementioned scenario? (the papers are in-store rebates and the software is .com rebate...which one would the purchase be considered?) thank you again for answering my question.
Someone asked this question yesterday on that other forum. Could not remember ever seeing this asked before. In any case, the answer given was that for the rebates online you need to submit those as purchased at terminal and for the in-store rebates you need to enter those as store purchase. Your kiosk order should generate an email with the online "order" number on it so you can submit those rebates under that order number. Thre transaction id on the receipt should be used for the store purchase rebates.

MrVietnam said:   c3 said:   DanoMcGarret said:   Add these 3 papers to the 2 FAR photo's and you can monetize ~ $47 in Rewards.

Unless you have to cash out the rewards, I would not recommend using rewards for the ream paper. Refund is more difficult with rewards if the rebate does not print out, and you lose the 10% reward on ream paper.

Good idea. Green. The only downside of NOT using rewards for ream paper is rewards make it so you don't owe sales tax, but I guess in the end it will be truly free when you pay cash after you factor in the 10% paper rewards you will get back for buying ream paper.

I think in my situation from last week with my balance coupon of $29.xx I will not use the 15% of coupon on that order and lose $4.50. The reason for this is the general manager will have to override the balance coupon and if he saw that I used a 15% off coupon on the free after rebate photo papers he might not be a happy camper. I want to make it as simple as a transaction as possible (no coupons) and still be able to cash out the overridden balance coupon. After that I think I will start shopping at other Staples, even though that one is close to home.

(or I could be hard nosed and get 2 photo papers and 1 Staples ream paper and use the coupon for one free Staples ream and the 15% off coupon and insist he let me do the transaction and if he refuses call the Office of the President.)

Well, for anyone who cares and has been following my balance coupon fiasco from last week, today I went to Staples and I picked the latter option I presented above (the one where I said I would be hard nosed and get 2 photo papers and 1 Staples ream paper and use the coupon for one free Staples ream and the 15% off coupon and insist he let me do the transaction and if he refuses call the Office of the President). I bought two of the $14.99 FAR photo papers and one ream of FAR paper. I used the 15% off coupon and the dummy SKU coupon. The cashier who helped me was a different one from last time. She scanned all my coupons and then I gave her my balance coupon and, as expected, she said it is coming up as already redeemed. Then I took out a piece of paper and read the name on it of the general manager and asked if he was there. The cashier said he was. At that time I was waiting for a verbal confrontation as he told me last time I couldn't use rewards on FAR items. But conveniently, another manager came and I told him that the general manager told me he would have to override this balance coupon and I briefly explained the situation and he overrode the balance coupon with no more questions asked. So not only was I able to get rid of the balance coupon. I made $5.40 off the transaction, too. As they say, all's well that ends well.

Check your email for 25% reward coupon, through 1/24.

c3 said:   Check your email for 25% reward coupon, through 1/24.
LINKED

VivYip said:   .....

update #2: the upcoming ad seems to have coupons on front page, so...

$2.99/24 pack of water with coupon (see attached)
797727 Bounty« Basic paper towels, 8/pack $4 with coupon (also attached)

Thank you for reading this.

The water coupon is very small and the coupon code is not readable. Has anyone used it? Does the barcode scan?

Is there a more readable image of that coupon?

TIA

water.jpg
Disclaimer
confused200 said:   VivYip said:   .....

update #2: the upcoming ad seems to have coupons on front page, so...

$2.99/24 pack of water with coupon (see attached)
797727 Bounty« Basic paper towels, 8/pack $4 with coupon (also attached)

Thank you for reading this.

The water coupon is very small and the coupon code is not readable. Has anyone used it? Does the barcode scan?

Is there a more readable image of that coupon?

TIA

attached

stamp offer
Disclaimer

image with more info
Disclaimer
Also, just in case someone's interested: $0.99 custom return address stamp, (shipping charges apply

VivYip said:   Also, just in case someone's interested: $0.99 custom return address stamp, (shipping charges apply
Thanks but the shipping is $9.95. Do you think it's worth it?

(I wait for free after rewards (those are smaller I think and without rewards, it's 18 something, so if a person absolutely needs one now...it's okay)...but hopefully this will prevent any new threads promoting the 99 cent stamp)

mathfaster said:   MysteriousGirl said:   freakinout said:   MysteriousGirl said:   

Even without extra 25% reward promo, I would be happy if they atleast had some FAR items, so as to make my spending for this year near to $1K to stay at premier status. What a letdown.

You realize if you are already at premier from last year you have all of 2013 to get to $1000 for next. You don't need to get there all at once, unless you travel abroad most of the year. Most months they offer enough FAR in photo paper alone to do get there over a 12 month strech

Yes I do. All I want to spend is for being premier for next yr. Not sure how photo paper alone would put me there. Hope some FAR comes out.
Through 1/26 you could/can buy $150 in photo paper. for 2013. That and ream paper may be the vehicle this year to premier.

But I have been using my ink rewards for all these photo and paper deal purchases. I don't think purchases with rewards count towards premier. Not sure how other have been doing?

MysteriousGirl said:   ...But I have been using my ink rewards for all these photo and paper deal purchases. I don't think purchases with rewards count towards premier. Not sure how other have been doing? Only what you spend OOP counts for premier.

HELP! we purchase several reams of the pastel paper. However, the rebate form did NOT print out. The manager tried the "117308" code as well. nothing. the easy rebate #13-43941 for the pastel paper does not appear on www.stapleseasyrebates.com web site either. We are not nearby a store to do a return and buyback again. the rebate promotional details (as shown earlier in this thread) states that there are 3 ways of getting the rebate form: printed on your receipt (could not get to print), or at www.stapleseasyrebates.com (not listed there), or a PDF submission form provided by the Staples store (manager didn't know of one).

SO . . . .
has anyone else had this problem? does anyone have a PDF form of this to submit? We bought the paper in the store.

appreciate any help you may have.

Well, FWIW, is the 117308 ANYWHERE on the receipt as a dummy sku? if it's entered as a coupon, then you'll need to get it corrected the next time you go to the store.

Also, just in case...search for the dummy sku to find form...

update: oops...i put the wrong one...looking again...

update 2: Sorry, no luck on my part. However, if you have the dummy sku (x2) and qualifying pastels on the same receipt, then you'll just need to "submit" the easyrebate.

enter it as purchased in-store and enter the rebate offer number. if it say you didn't qualify, THEN return the paper the next time you goto a Staples store wit the receipt.

davriley1 said:   HELP! we purchase several reams of the pastel paper. However, the rebate form did NOT print out. The manager tried the "117308" code as well. nothing. the easy rebate #13-43941 for the pastel paper does not appear on www.stapleseasyrebates.com web site either. We are not nearby a store to do a return and buyback again. the rebate promotional details (as shown earlier in this thread) states that there are 3 ways of getting the rebate form: printed on your receipt (could not get to print), or at www.stapleseasyrebates.com (not listed there), or a PDF submission form provided by the Staples store (manager didn't know of one).

SO . . . .
has anyone else had this problem? does anyone have a PDF form of this to submit? We bought the paper in the store.

appreciate any help you may have.
Elementary, but not so obvious possibility:
Not knocking you personally, but many times during this week when I was in store, I saw people picking up the "brights" because they "looked like" pastels; or worse "but I like this color". Newsflash: pick the correct SKU(s) or don't expect a rebate.

UPDATE: Sweet! the coupon code (117308) was entered as a coupon and did not trigger the rebate form.
Called manager back. told her to try entering that number as a sku. pulled the form right up. as we were out of the area and could not bring the paper back to 'rebuy' The manager was actually as happy as I was to see it work now! She offered to mail to us 'gift cards' valued at the 100% full price of the 4 reams of paper we had bought. That's why it pays to be courteous as possible to managers. (within reason, as some CSR's/managers are total jerks).

Just remember to ask the cashier to enter that number (117308) first as a SKU number (or what people have been referring to as a dummy sku - which was confusing to me initially).

Happy Ending!!!

davriley1 said:   UPDATE: Sweet! the coupon code (117308) was entered as a coupon and did not trigger the rebate form.
Called manager back. told her to try entering that number as a sku. pulled the form right up. as we were out of the area and could not bring the paper back to 'rebuy' The manager was actually as happy as I was to see it work now! She offered to mail to us 'gift cards' valued at the 100% full price of the 4 reams of paper we had bought. That's why it pays to be courteous as possible to managers. (within reason, as some CSR's/managers are total jerks).

Just remember to ask the cashier to enter that number (117308) first as a SKU number (or what people have been referring to as a dummy sku - which was confusing to me initially).

Happy Ending!!!

Howcome u purchased 4 reams, isn't the limit 2 max ?

i went to the store and purchased pastels (two of them). I did not have the coupon with me that would trigger the rebate to print. Anyway, I don't know if you need the coupon as long as you buy the correct items and the offer # when you enter the rebate online. I came home and just entered the rebate. It shows "validating" and I will find out in a day or two if my rebate goes through - if not, i will have to call customer service.

just got an email with the following rebate being validated

Spls supreme matte 8.5x11 50pk
PASTELS 8.5X11 CANARY PAPER RM
PASTELS 8.5X11 GREEN PAPER RM

So obviously information is picked up from the receipt, so i am thinking my rebate should go though.

gocint said:   just got an email with the following rebate being validated

PASTELS 8.5X11 CANARY PAPER RM
PASTELS 8.5X11 GREEN PAPER RM

So obviously information is picked up from the receipt, so i am thinking my rebate should go though.

Unless they have changed the requirements, the pastels will not go through.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014