• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Best Buy
See Best Buy promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

headphones
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.


Earbuds same price as well.
White
Red

cool...

I wonder if you have to blow into them before plugging in.

dennisfuller said:   I wonder if you have to blow into them before plugging in.

-1 for wrong game generation of cartridges... 2600 carts had dust covers integrated... unlike a certain top-loading next-gen console...

Redbeard25 said:   dennisfuller said:   I wonder if you have to blow into them before plugging in.

-1 for wrong game generation of cartridges... 2600 carts had dust covers integrated... unlike a certain top-loading next-gen console...


I take it you haven't personally seen very many 2600 carts. Most 3rd party ones didn't have dust shields. The ones that did sometimes broke in the open position.

Do they make everything sound like it's being played on a midi keyboard?

Was the history of Atari ever made into a movie? It should be. Fake competitors like Kee Games, the Tengen hijinks, angry game programmers, and Nolan Bushnells 'I did it all' attitude. I think they even told Nintendo that they weren't interested in distributing the NES. (Good choice there Atari) It would be a great docudrama.

harlock001 said:   Was the history of Atari ever made into a movie? It should be. Fake competitors like Kee Games, the Tengen hijinks, angry game programmers, and Nolan Bushnells 'I did it all' attitude. I think they even told Nintendo that they weren't interested in distributing the NES. (Good choice there Atari) It would be a great docudrama.

Plus, it intersects with the history of Apple.
Jobs was an employee, and got a real break by Nolan.
Makes for good drama.

I didn't even realize the 2600 had a headphone jack...

Shipping: Not Available

I placed an order for store pick-up and within 5 minutes got an email telling me to come and get it. First Impression: They are well worth the money but are a little uncomfortable. I prefer around the ear full-size headphones - they seem to allow a longer listening period with little discomfort.

As far as the sound - be prepared to use your computer's equalizer. My computer's audio program has a "headphones" EQ preset and it really helps. They have sufficient bass but lack a little in the treble area. But everyone's hearing and audio hardware is different so results may vary.

Nice Find! Yeah, definitely not worth $30 with Atari logo just stuck. But for $7, likely as good as any other 40mm headphones which would probably cost the same or somewhat more.
Got 2 pairs of black for me and a white pair for my former Atari computer bud. I still have a working Atari 800XL and about 200 video games for it (even the paddles and various joysticks).

Pong anyone?

blueribb said:   I placed an order for store pick-up and within 5 minutes got an email telling me to come and get it. First Impression: They are well worth the money but are a little uncomfortable. I prefer around the ear full-size headphones - they seem to allow a longer listening period with little discomfort.

As far as the sound - be prepared to use your computer's equalizer. My computer's audio program has a "headphones" EQ preset and it really helps. They have sufficient bass but lack a little in the treble area. But everyone's hearing and audio hardware is different so results may vary.


Thanks for the quick review! I may pick up some for my kids. Thanks to the OP also!

Reviews on sound? If I wore these at the gym, I might be able to stand ground against the Dr Beats Clan.

Obviously not the original Atari company which went bankrupt.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014