• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Panasonic LUMIX (DMC-FZ200) 12.1 Megapixel Digital Camera @ Abe's of Maine - $489.95
compare at $579.99
Free Shipping!

Update 1/17:Now $464.95 with additional $15 off code: loyalty15

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Abe's of Maine
See Abe's of Maine promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

After reading all the mostly negative reviews I would prefer to stay with Abe's of Maine.

I can't help but think 'bait and switch' anytime I see one of the old school camera shops.

Agreed. I went on and read the reviews on Abe's and they are just as bad. Seems like all would call back to confirm your online order and try to upsell you. Many products do not carry USA warranty card, etc. I am sticking with Amazon and alike.

1/2.3" MOS sensor should make for decent low-light photos, and the 24x optical zoom is handy. But at this price & size, I'd strongly recommend the Pentax K-01 which has a full-fledged APS-C sensor. The kit w/40mm pancake has been at $315 on & off. It's back up to $400 right now but keep an eye on it, it should drop again.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1251410/

peas said:   1/2.3" MOS sensor should make for decent low-light photos, and the 24x optical zoom is handy. But at this price & size, I'd strongly recommend the Pentax K-01 which has a full-fledged APS-C sensor. The kit w/40mm pancake has been at $315 on & off. It's back up to $400 right now but keep an eye on it, it should drop again.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1251410/

Don't know if everyone posting and looking here realizes it, but the main reason this camera has the high MSRP it has is because its lens is very fast - f/2.8 - across the entire zoom range, even at 24x. Censor size alone will not give you great low light performance - if the lens isn't letting in enough light to begin with, the larger censor's ability to absorb more detail won't make that big of a difference. I've got a Lumix G2 Micro 4/3 interchangeable lens camera with just a kit 14-42 lens (I think something like f/3.5-5.6) and notwithstanding its larger than P&S sized censor, it's useless for any sort of indoor action/sports photography and doesn't perform as well as my wife's Lumix ZS3 compact travelzoom P&S in low light. I'm actually thinking of ditching it and getting an FZ200 instead, as I've not seen the increase in image clarity (and certainly not the lower light performance) that I expected when I bought it, so I might as well get something that will go from 25mm - 600mm equivalent and not have to worry about the lugging around the [damn expensive in this format] extra lenses.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014