• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Refurbished Samsung HWE450 40" Slim AirTrack SurroundBar @ Tiger Direct - $139.99
was $299.99
Shipping adds $13.68

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Refurbished Samsung HWE450 40" Slim AirTrack SurroundBar
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Anyone has any opinion on this?
I guess this is as cheap as a "decent" soundbar can get?

Pretty good reviews at Amazon 4/stars (for new not referb) ; price being $270 new . So $140+ship seems like a decent deal for a referb .

Just bought one new at Costco today for $219.99 + tax. $80 more but the Costco version comes with a HDMI cable and an optical cable, so you'll have to decide if new, the cables and Costco's return policy is worth the extra $$.

I read quite a number of reviews online, mostly from Amazon. The reviews were quite positive except when it came to finding a remote code so that you can use with your universal remote. Basically if you don't own a Samsung TV, you would have to deal with another remote. Setup was straight forward, I used the optical cable, and the sound was pretty good. It's rated at 280 watts RMS, though I will tell you that the specs are over-rated. It is loud enough for a good size room and bass worked fine. It also offers a number of different sound acoustic settings (Music, Drama, Cinema, Sports, etc.) and 3D. I tried out the Music setting on a few music videos and it did make them sound better. For movies, dialogue was crisp in the Cinema setting. I did not like the 3D effect and have turned it off.

I have a Panasonic TV, not Samsung, so I did struggle with trying to make it work with my TV remote. I searched online for quite awhile and couldn't find a compatible remote code. On the Samsung forum, they basically tell you that you need to check with your remote provider or that you can't control it with any other remote except for Samsung. Luckily I came across a review from someone who stated that he had a Panasonic TV and was able to control the sound bar with his TV remote by using ARC and Viera Link. After doing likewise, which required connecting via HDMI, I can attest that my TV remote does work with this sound bar. I am happy with my purchase, though today is still only day 1 and I've been only using it for the last six hours or so.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014