• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is the same model they had on BF for $299.99 Still not a bad price for $449.99 Linky

Member Summary

Toshiba 50L2200U
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
In for one.
Thanks OP

HardlyWorthit (Jan. 18, 2013 @ 8:58p) |

There was a youtube review of this tv that said it doesn't read video formats. Only for still pictures I guess.

Sonyad (Jan. 18, 2013 @ 10:15p) |

expired. was 1/18/2013 only

janu01 (Jan. 19, 2013 @ 8:14a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Dead? OP's link shows $449.99, but when added to the cart it is $549.99.

Call them - they will honor it. I just purchased.

Melly777 said:   This is the same model they had on BF for $299.99 Still not a bad price for $449.99 Linky

Sears had it for $299. Best Buy had it for $399.

Sonyad said:   Melly777 said:   This is the same model they had on BF for $299.99 Still not a bad price for $449.99 Linky

Yeah... nothing hot about this price

rbhoj said:   Sonyad said:   Melly777 said:   This is the same model they had on BF for $299.99 Still not a bad price for $449.99 Linky

Yeah... nothing hot about this price
Those were BF doorbuster prices. You can only get those once per year. Where else can you get a 50" LED 1080p HDTV for less than $450 right now?

2 HDMI, pass.

And I used to buy a gallon of gas for 59 cents. Is that $3 a gallon today any less hot?
Some of you t-crappers should rethink your logic.

DongT said:   2 HDMI, pass.oh, the humanity.

www.amazon.com/Apogee-HDMI-3x1-Mini-Switcher/dp/B001JTQUYG/

that's what I was going to say. I don't know why people make such a big deal about the number of HDMI slots when you can get a switcher for around $10.

Got the mgr to knock an open box (delivered and wouldn't fit, reboxed) down to $350.

Amazon has it for the same price: Link

I realize that as a BF doorbuster it would have been a major undertaking to get it for $299, but I just can't bring myself to get it for $449, even if that's a great deal today. I mean, $150 50% more? That would drive me crazy and I'd never be able to not think about that every time I looked at it hanging on my wall.

I got the BF deal at BB. It worked out great for me because as a silver member I was able to order it online for free home delivery. Otherwise I would not be standing in line at either BB or Sears for 10 hours with almost no hope of getting the deal. In any case you really can't use a Black Friday price or an open box steal as the only measure of a good deal.

Sonyad said:   I got the BF deal at BB. It worked out great for me because as a silver member I was able to order it online for free home delivery. Otherwise I would not be standing in line at either BB or Sears for 10 hours with almost no hope of getting the deal. In any case you really can't use a Black Friday price or an open box steal as the only measure of a good deal.

I'd like to solicit feedback from you and others that own this TV. What are your thoughts on the set?

the next model up 50L5200u seems like a lot better model but it's ~$300 more, at that price range, there are a lot of other nicer models too. Think I will pass, a big tv like this is easy to buy, but hard to get rid off.

Sach said:   Sonyad said:   I got the BF deal at BB. It worked out great for me because as a silver member I was able to order it online for free home delivery. Otherwise I would not be standing in line at either BB or Sears for 10 hours with almost no hope of getting the deal. In any case you really can't use a Black Friday price or an open box steal as the only measure of a good deal.

I'd like to solicit feedback from you and others that own this TV. What are your thoughts on the set?

I like the set. At first the image was questionable until I applied some settings suggested by an Amazon poster:

Mode: Preference
Contrast: 87
Backlight: 53
Dynalight: Off
Brightnes: 55
Color: 43
Tint: 3
Sharpness: 1
ADVANCED PICTURE SETTINGS
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Static Gamma: 3
Color Temp: Warm

After the adjustments I am very pleased. Only other thing to note is that it doesn't have a composite connection if that is necessary for some.

It's a good price...it's the 60Hz that gets me tho...but for the price..and the size...can't beat it w/a stick.

What video formats does this TV recognize off the USB port?

dealmaster00 said:   DongT said:   2 HDMI, pass.oh, the humanity.

www.amazon.com/Apogee-HDMI-3x1-Mini-Switcher/dp/B001JTQUYG/

I have a TV with 2 HDMI ports, now both of them are dead. What's the switch for?

In for one.
Thanks OP

Sach said:   What video formats does this TV recognize off the USB port?

There was a youtube review of this tv that said it doesn't read video formats. Only for still pictures I guess.

expired. was 1/18/2013 only

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014