• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Total Gym XLS All-in-One Home Gym @ Groupon - $595.00
was $1,999.00
Free Shipping!
Expires On: Jan 22, 2013 5:59am

Total Gym XLS

A compact frame, padded glide board, and flexible nylon strap handles allow exercisers to warm up with simple movements before advancing to workouts of more than 80 exercises. A pulley-and-cable system helps users use their own body weight for resistance. The glide board and supportive headrest work together to keep repetitions smooth and comfortable. A host of accessories helps exercisers fully utilize the home-workout system, including a chart of proper exercise positions and DVDs of workouts for all ability levels.

Features
  • Works for more than 80 exercises 
  • Caters to whole families of fitness seekers with adjustability for all ability levels and ages 8–80 
  • Flexible nylon strap handles 
  • Padded glide board for naps between sets 
  • Folds for easy storage 
  • 400-pound weight capacity 
  • Dimensions:   - Folded: 51"x19"x 9"   - Unfolded: 90"x19"x43"   - Weight (out of box): 83 pounds 

• Gym arrives completely assembled

In the box: Total Gym XLS, upgraded squat stand, wing attachment, leg-pull accessory, Pilates kit, six workout DVDs, training deck, exercise wall chart, Dan Isaacson's nutritional program and meal plan

How to get your goods: by purchasing this Groupon and providing your name and shipping address, your order is complete!

For questions pertaining to this deal, please visit the deal Q&A on this page. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer service.

View the Groupon Goods FAQ for additional information, including how list price is determined.

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

Total Gym XLS All-in-One Home Gym
Thanks Solipsist
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice priced, about $100 cheaper than Amazon - very good reviews
Side note/joke - I laughed when I read in the description "padded glideboard for naps between sets" - ;-0. - I never saw an exercise equipment which talked about people dozing off during their exercise ;-0

Q- I have the Total Gym 1100 - does anyone know if there's much benefit to upgrading to this one in terms of functionality - it seems like this one is better made - but not sure I see what an add'l $600 would get me - Thx

Chuck Norris Approved!

I also have the lowest level Total Gym which was only about $125. If your level of desired exercise is toning your muscles and stretching, (instead of really building up your muscles), then the low level Total Gym is going to do what the expensive level Total Gym will do (except for some accessories like the foot pad... whoopee.).

If you want to build muscles and become athletic, then P90X or Insanity programs are MUCH BETTER. All I have is a pullup bar ($15-$30), set of free weights (get them used on craigslist for pennies on the dollar). Buy the programs on Craigslist for about $25 used.

When I started on P90X I used the Total Gym to do pull-ups to my limit because I could do more reps than on a pull-up bar. Once I gained some strength to do the regular pullup bar more easily, I abandoned the Total Gym . (I eventually reach 18 wide-grip P90X-style pullups with 10lbs of ankle weights on!)

Now my Total Gym is used by my kids for their "exercise".

Of course, if you need to show off your home exercise equipment and you want to impress your friends with the fanciness of the stuff you bought... then this will look nice next to your treadmill, circuit Bowflex machine, stair-stepper, elliptical machine, recliner spin bike, etc.

I love fatwallet deals... but I love things that serve me better and take up less space.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014