• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Good camera w/lens for a great price. Get it shipped free with Shoprunner. $50 to $100 cheaper than anyone else. Newegg claims $300 off. Not sure about that but these cameras sell for between $360 and $450 elsewhere, even o eBay.

Lumix

Newegg
Need a Newegg coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5K
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That camera is often available at or near that price with the compact zoom. That is the kit lense you want.

KashisKing said:   That camera is often available at or near that price with the compact zoom. That is the kit lense you want.

If you really want a deal - get one of the Amazon Warehouse deals "like new" models with the power zoom for around $395.

This camera doesn't make much sense with the non-power kit lens.

i haven't seen it sell from Amazon warehose deal for #95, so far its closer to $460ish, no? i think $299 is a decent deal for peoplw who might want to eventually invest in primes, but want a throw-away travel kit zoom to not worry about, no?

I bought this camera at $399 (at the time of the Groupon sale) with the smaller, power zoom lens. I love it, but am not sure I would love it with the bigger un-powered lens in this deal. The reason I love it is that with the power zoom lens it is pocketable (either in a jacket pocket or in a leg pouch in cargo shorts). I don't think it would be pocketable with the unpowered lens. At that point you've got something that's not much smaller than one of the true DSLRs (like a T3i), but that has meaningfully lower image quality because of the micro 4/3 sensor. Yes at $299 it's a lot cheaper, but there aren't as many micro 4/3 lenses available out there and they are expensive. You can get image quality that's just about as good from something like a Canon S100 for about the same price, which is a lot smaller because it doesn't have interchangeable lenses. So I'd think hard before you buy this, and ask what purpose you're buying it for.

Finally, the rumor mill suggests the GF5 body is being discontinued (or has already been discontinued) with a new variant coming soon. If that's true, look for even better deals on the GF5 in the near future as they look to clear inventory.

All that said, green for OP as this is the best price I think ever on this system.

At this price, you won't regret getting this camera ever. Okay, maybe 20 years later when bio-tronics becomes so popular and affordable.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014