• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-phone/T-Mobile-Prism-...

I have one of this, and love it.
69.99 is the best deal I have seen(refurbished).
No Contract phone.

Member Summary

tmobile android 3G Prism
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
No longer in the list.

JesseKnows (Apr. 16, 2013 @ 3:07p) |

Could anyone having it tell me what (interface) language options it comes with?

garycook (Apr. 16, 2013 @ 4:42p) |

DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD!!!!

greling (Apr. 16, 2013 @ 5:43p) |

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huawei_Sonic

Has GPS, so is a cheap way to get an Android GPS for your favorite software.

Wiki says it has a good speaker, so can be a music player.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice.

is this phone use micro sim card?

600 MHZ processor will be very slow.

unlockable?

I play AngryBird on this, and very acceptable.

Yes, you can play angrybird on this.

Decent price, but if you don't mind the iPhone the 3GS model is getting CHEAP in the wild. And it's a better phone IMHO. I've paid $100 lately to get 3 ($33 average) and I get them unlocked for cheap, making them more valuable. I got an 8, 32 and IIRC a 16 gig. 2 with chargers and cable even, the third without.

Plus later, just use it as an iPod.

beachfitrob said:   Decent price, but if you don't mind the iPhone the 3GS model is getting CHEAP in the wild. And it's a better phone IMHO. I've paid $100 lately to get 3 ($33 average) and I get them unlocked for cheap, making them more valuable. I got an 8, 32 and IIRC a 16 gig. 2 with chargers and cable even, the third without.

From where? What quality (at least the three you bought)? TIA

beachfitrob said:   Decent price, but if you don't mind the iPhone the 3GS model is getting CHEAP in the wild. And it's a better phone IMHO. I've paid $100 lately to get 3 ($33 average) and I get them unlocked for cheap, making them more valuable. I got an 8, 32 and IIRC a 16 gig. 2 with chargers and cable even, the third without.

You are buying used. Whereas Refurb from T-Mobile looks new and comes with warranty.

512mb internal memory is awfully small for Android apps. Reminds me of my old Samsung Prevail which I had to uninstall apps to install others constantly...

kickerstarter said:   beachfitrob said:   Decent price, but if you don't mind the iPhone the 3GS model is getting CHEAP in the wild. And it's a better phone IMHO. I've paid $100 lately to get 3 ($33 average) and I get them unlocked for cheap, making them more valuable. I got an 8, 32 and IIRC a 16 gig. 2 with chargers and cable even, the third without.

You are buying used. Whereas Refurb from T-Mobile looks new and comes with warranty.

Yes, but the price difference is more notable by virtue of the fact that Apple controls new device pricing and that there are no cheap Apple refurb phones (older models are still fairly pricey!)...

I was able to purchase a brand-new Virgin Mobile Kyocera Rise (Android 4.0 handset) for $39... so the point (that $33 might be a better bargain for a phone which is also desirable) is still valid: a new iPhone 3G can only be found for ~$100 and an new iPhone 3GS can only be found for ~$150. Also, given the volume of phones that Apple has sold a used iPhone might be a better deal for an older generation phone (especially when one considers that credit cards offer some small measure of insurance for purchases).

PS: A prudent decision might hinge on how rapidly the platforms evolve going forward; if you can't run apps on your 3GS it's worthless for a central smartphone task... by the same token, if your HTC G1 (Android 1.6 reference device, which, incidentally, was given to Google employees) was already not able to run some apps (like Google Goggles, even though at one time you were able to download it from what is now the Google Play store and it's published by Google) as of 2010 then there's no guarantee that having an Android phone ensures that you will be spending less on smartphones in the long run.

ohrama said:   beachfitrob said:   Decent price, but if you don't mind the iPhone the 3GS model is getting CHEAP in the wild. And it's a better phone IMHO. I've paid $100 lately to get 3 ($33 average) and I get them unlocked for cheap, making them more valuable. I got an 8, 32 and IIRC a 16 gig. 2 with chargers and cable even, the third without.

From where? What quality (at least the three you bought)? TIA

In my neighborhood, 2 from one person, one from another. One was really clean, another about 7/10, another about a 6.5. I got plastic, TPU Agent 18 case and a plastic Agent 18 case.

kickerstarter said:   beachfitrob said:   Decent price, but if you don't mind the iPhone the 3GS model is getting CHEAP in the wild. And it's a better phone IMHO. I've paid $100 lately to get 3 ($33 average) and I get them unlocked for cheap, making them more valuable. I got an 8, 32 and IIRC a 16 gig. 2 with chargers and cable even, the third without.

Well yeah, but when you can get them that cheap when you shop around, does it really matter? I mean, I got them about the same price from two different individuals, and that was their asking price. I didn't even haggle.

PS: A prudent decision might hinge on how rapidly the platforms evolve going forward; if you can't run apps on your 3GS it's worthless for a central smartphone task...

Yes but since they are still on the current iOS, they will probably be good for a while.

I was able to purchase a brand-new Virgin Mobile Kyocera Rise (Android 4.0 handset) for $39...

Help me find one for that price and I will be your new best friend.

Seriously! Link? Suggestion? Details?

Perknose said:   I was able to purchase a brand-new Virgin Mobile Kyocera Rise (Android 4.0 handset) for $39...

They had them at Target for ~$50, maybe they used a $10 coupon to reduce it further.

wiredspider said:   Perknose said:   I was able to purchase a brand-new Virgin Mobile Kyocera Rise (Android 4.0 handset) for $39...

They had them at Target for ~$50, maybe they used a $10 coupon to reduce it further.

Yeah, this one was just a straight-up purchase at Target (must have been on clearance or something)... bit of a mad-house at holiday time but definitely worth the trip ($75 was the best deal I had seen in the last 2 years for a prepaid smartphone and this one wasn't *too* much more than the pair of $29 phones which were also on sale at the same time)... You can search FW for 'Virgin Mobile' and take a look at the store to see the other archived deals...

PS: Don't sweat it if your local store is out; the price for discounted regular prepaid phones dropped from about $25 to $5 within 6-12 months and even the regular price followed a pretty steep trajectory (to the point of $20 phones being commonly available)...

I have been using this phone for several months. The most notable "feature" it has is automatically rebooting whenever it wants. Very painful. Just google it and you will see a lot of complains regarding this, but I don't see any fix. Except that it is not a bad choice considering the price.

cure for rebooting is root and custom rom???

The step below works perfectly but I forgot to do a backup of the original Wind Stock Rom in recovery. Could someone please post the Windmobile ROM? Thanks.

Huawei (Astro/Prism) u8651t has the same hardware as Huawei (Sonic) u8650. So the Sonic Rom will work on the Astro/Prism phone.

-------------------------------------

Step 1: google -> crazypig u8651t rom
Step 2: download the CWrevovery and CyanogenMod 7.2 STABLE (2.3.7) 16-06-2012
Step 3: Follow the instruction below

down load CW revober first: CWRevovery

1.Trun off your U8651t and take out the battery
2.Put back your battery, and when you trun it on.Hold on Vol.- and power button
3.connect your U8651t to your computer
4.running Recovery.bat from the files you donwload, when it finshed, U8651t will reboot.
5.Flash any rooted Rom

your can download CyanogenMod 7.2 STABLE (2.3.7) 16-06-2012

LINK

cartierf said:   Should be, but not done . Looking for some link to unlock.
That would be a felony.
Why are you advocating illegal activity?

greling said:   cartierf said:   Should be, but not done . Looking for some link to unlock.
That would be a felony.

That law will eventually be overturned.

mase123987 said:   greling said:   cartierf said:   Should be, but not done . Looking for some link to unlock.
That would be a felony.

That law will eventually be overturned.

DMCA will stay right in place, if the RIAA and MPAA have anything to say about it.

I don't see it on the page...

$135 now. You get a $50 refill card but...

No longer in the list.

Could anyone having it tell me what (interface) language options it comes with?

DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD!!!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014