• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
If you decide to go with a plugin, be sure it has battery backup. Many CO deaths occur during power failures when occupa... (more)

tuckeg (Jan. 21, 2013 @ 10:36a) |

back in stock for shipping!

Jetski110 (Jan. 31, 2013 @ 1:51p) |

price now up to 18.80 each

Jetski110 (Feb. 02, 2013 @ 8:08p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

We just installed this exact model less than 2 wks ago.
great peace of mind
First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Silence Button
KmartItem# 005W920305110001 | Model# CO400

First Alert® battery-powered carbon monoxide alarms are easy to install and have many unique features designed for different areas of your home. All feature low battery alert "chirps" to remind you when to change the battery. Operates on 2 AA batteries (included).

•Alarm provides protection from CO, the #1 cause of accidental death in the U.S.
•Battery power provides continuous protection
•Most accurate carbon monoxide sensing technology
•Silence button quiets nuisance alarms
•Front access battery compartment allows easy battery replacement
•Power indicator; low battery indicator
•Low battery warning
•Run time: 1 year

Not a plugin, but rather to be used with wired home?

dontcare4myname said:   Not a plugin, but rather to be used with wired home?
First Alert® battery-powered carbon monoxide alarms are easy to install and have many unique features designed for different areas of your home. All feature low battery alert "chirps" to remind you when to change the battery. Operates on 2 AA batteries (included).

It's 5am here and I cannot get back to sleep after waken up by the chirping of "battery operated" co detector. It uses 3 AA yet I had to change them every few months. I would rather have a plugin or 9v.

SweatyPalm said:   It's 5am here and I cannot get back to sleep after waken up by the chirping of "battery operated" co detector. It uses 3 AA yet I had to change them every few months. I would rather have a plugin or 9v.
Somethin's wrong with that. I change the batteries in my Kiddie CO detector every 1+ years at the most. What brand do you have. Rebuy and return if necessary.
Battery operated makes sense under certain circumstances. Power outages are an issue where I live and people then start using fireplaces and wood stoves who aren't use to safe practices. Wood-burning and gas powered fireplaces are a common source of carbon monoxide. Darwin award winners in the making...

DaysFan said:   ...

•Alarm provides protection from CO, the #1 cause of accidental death in the U.S.

DaysFan took this statement from the ad copy on the website but it's not true. While CO deaths are tragic and preventable, only about 500 deaths per year in the US can be attributed to it. The #1 cause for a long time was auto crashes but they have now been overtaken by drug overdoses

That's not to suggest that CO detectors are not important to be in every home - just to correct some misinformation.

Great price! Thanks!

For $12 I won't be one of the 500, done.

I prefer the AC units less hassle than the DC units.

Thx butcher boy...now for a good deal on smoke detector is what I am waiting for...if I find one, will post...

dontcare4myname said:   Not a plugin, but rather to be used with wired home?
Just change the batteries when we go to daylight savings time.
Then change we go off daylight savings.
It is quick and easy.

How do you test these things? It's not like we have carbon monoxide handy.

Wellcum said:   How do you test these things? It's not like we have carbon monoxide handy.

Find the Test button on the unit and press is for a few seconds and if it beeps, you're safe. If it doesn't then you have a problem.

Alternatively you can put your battery powered CO detector close to the car exhaust and after a few minutes if it goes off then you know for sure it's working.

ach1199 said:   Wellcum said:   How do you test these things? It's not like we have carbon monoxide handy.

Find the Test button on the unit and press is for a few seconds and if it beeps, you're safe. If it doesn't then you have a problem.

Alternatively you can put your battery powered CO detector close to the car exhaust and after a few minutes if it goes off then you know for sure it's working.

Not sure if I would trust the button. Definitely will take it out to the car. Good tip.

Excellent deal... just paid $24 for a CO detector.

Thanks, just got one, I appreciate it!

Thanks! Was just pricing this same model on internet then decided to check FW. Picked up 3.

Great price. I have either a Kiddie or first alert 3 year old alarm that speaks when there is either a fire or carbon monoxide well it has been acting up lately said low batteries and so I replaced with a new pair of duracell and yet still had low battery alert... time to replace it. Thanks

If you decide to go with a plugin, be sure it has battery backup. Many CO deaths occur during power failures when occupants use indoor burning of some kind to keep house warm or cook.

back in stock for shipping!

price now up to 18.80 each

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014