QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Silence Button $11.99 Store Pick Up @ Kmart

First page
1 of 3
WikiPost
1/19/13 2:20 AM
First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm [ image/jpeg - 11.49kB ]
DaysFan
1/19/13 2:37 AM
We just installed this exact model less than 2 wks ago.
great peace of mind
First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Silence Button
KmartItem# 005W920305110001 | Model# CO400

First Alert® battery-powered carbon monoxide alarms are easy to install and have many unique features designed for different areas of your home. All feature low battery alert "chirps" to remind you when to change the battery. Operates on 2 AA batteries (included).

•Alarm provides protection from CO, the #1 cause of accidental death in the U.S.
•Battery power provides continuous protection
•Most accurate carbon monoxide sensing technology
•Silence button quiets nuisance alarms
•Front access battery compartment allows easy battery replacement
•Power indicator; low battery indicator
•Low battery warning
•Run time: 1 year
dontcare4myname
1/19/13 6:21 AM
Not a plugin, but rather to be used with wired home?
brusbrother
1/19/13 7:06 AM
dontcare4myname said:   

Not a plugin, but rather to be used with wired home?

First Alert® battery-powered carbon monoxide alarms are easy to install and have many unique features designed for different areas of your home. All feature low battery alert "chirps" to remind you when to change the battery. Operates on 2 AA batteries (included).
SweatyPalm
1/19/13 7:13 AM
It's 5am here and I cannot get back to sleep after waken up by the chirping of "battery operated" co detector. It uses 3 AA yet I had to change them every few months. I would rather have a plugin or 9v.
brusbrother
1/19/13 7:24 AM
SweatyPalm said:   

It's 5am here and I cannot get back to sleep after waken up by the chirping of "battery operated" co detector. It uses 3 AA yet I had to change them every few months. I would rather have a plugin or 9v.

Somethin's wrong with that. I change the batteries in my Kiddie CO detector every 1+ years at the most. What brand do you have. Rebuy and return if necessary.
Battery operated makes sense under certain circumstances. Power outages are an issue where I live and people then start using fireplaces and wood stoves who aren't use to safe practices. Wood-burning and gas powered fireplaces are a common source of carbon monoxide. Darwin award winners in the making...
MrWizzard
1/19/13 8:22 AM
DaysFan said:   

•Alarm provides protection from CO, the #1 cause of accidental death in the U.S.

DaysFan took this statement from the ad copy on the website but it's not true. While CO deaths are tragic and preventable, only about 500 deaths per year in the US can be attributed to it. The #1 cause for a long time was auto crashes but they have now been overtaken by drug overdoses

That's not to suggest that CO detectors are not important to be in every home - just to correct some misinformation.
jetmech77
1/19/13 10:33 AM
Great price! Thanks!
rmilas
1/19/13 10:41 AM
For $12 I won't be one of the 500, done.
First page
1 of 3
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.