Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Panasonic TCP55VT50 (99.76kB)
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

I bought this recently from Paul's for $1699, pricematched to $1619 with Adorama. My advice is if you can wait do so. Panasonic's newest line will be their flagship ZT series. The color and black levels shown on reviews of both the zt side by side with the current vt50 series is night and day. Big Difference, which is hard to believe, since the VT50's already look so clean. I was speaking to a sales guy at Best Buy yesterday, he told me he thinks the current VT series will be the next GT. The ZT will replace the VT. If this happens, the prices will be dropping very soon, my guess is by Summer 2013. I made my purchase knowing the new series was about to come out, but I didn't think what kind of impact it would make because the VT50 already had huge improvements with the display, making the display an equal match for the old Kuro line of plasma's. I would hold off If I were to make a purchase now.

As for me and a few others that did bite, thanks for another $20 pricematch.

i have read somewhere that new plasma top models have very good pic quality but don't know how does this VT model compare to Kuro?

soilderboy said:   I bought this recently from Paul's for $1699, pricematched to $1619 with Adorama. My advice is if you can wait do so. Panasonic's newest line will be their flagship ZT series. The color and black levels shown on reviews of both the zt side by side with the current vt50 series is night and day. Big Difference, which is hard to believe, since the VT50's already look so clean. I was speaking to a sales guy at Best Buy yesterday, he told me he thinks the current VT series will be the next GT. The ZT will replace the VT. If this happens, the prices will be dropping very soon, my guess is by Summer 2013. I made my purchase knowing the new series was about to come out, but I didn't think what kind of impact it would make because the VT50 already had huge improvements with the display, making the display an equal match for the old Kuro line of plasma's. I would hold off If I were to make a purchase now.

As for me and a few others that did bite, thanks for another $20 pricematch.

The VT will not become the GT, the GT is just not going to exist anymore. The ZT will be a new specialty product above the VT, only available as special orders or in specialty stores, probably costing nearly $4000. Based on whats happened in the past, the previous year's supply will dry up in another month, whats left will be higher that current prices as the new models make their way to market.

In other words, no reason to wait, if you want a good deal grab one of these panasonics now. And be happy with your purchase because these are awesome deals!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014