• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sony Alpha 16.1MP DSLR Kit w/ 18-55mm Lens and $150 Prepaid Visa @ Buydig - $648.00

Free Shipping!

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony

Same price at Amazon minus the $150 visa - great deal. Very tempting.

Excellent camera! Best bang for the buck in entry/mid level dslr. the price is hot considering that most dslr are price fixed by the factory.

Got 1, thank you

Too bad it isn't the 18-135, I'd be jumping on it

If you had a DSLR before and know how to operate in A/S/M modes, sell the kit 18-55 lens and get the Sony 16-50/F2.8 lens, it will feel like a totally different camera with superb sharpness and much better low light capability.

Barabas said:   If you had a DSLR before and know how to operate in A/S/M modes, sell the kit 18-55 lens and get the Sony 16-50/F2.8 lens, it will feel like a totally different camera with superb sharpness and much better low light capability.

While I agree with the second part of your statement, I don't think anyone would really be able to sell that kit lens.

Raistlin1 said:   Barabas said:   If you had a DSLR before and know how to operate in A/S/M modes, sell the kit 18-55 lens and get the Sony 16-50/F2.8 lens, it will feel like a totally different camera with superb sharpness and much better low light capability.

While I agree with the second part of your statement, I don't think anyone would really be able to sell that kit lens.

and the fact that the 16-50 lens is worth about 5 times as much as tr kit lens. With this cameras great high Iso performance the kit lens should be great low light.

omarq said:   Raistlin1 said:   Barabas said:   If you had a DSLR before and know how to operate in A/S/M modes, sell the kit 18-55 lens and get the Sony 16-50/F2.8 lens, it will feel like a totally different camera with superb sharpness and much better low light capability.

and the fact that the 16-50 lens is worth about 5 times as much as tr kit lens. With this cameras great high Iso performance the kit lens should be great low light.

Why not? Sure it wouldn't go near the MSRP of SAL1855, but even $80 is nice to reduce the final A57 body price even further. For example, a budget user somewhere might dropped their kit lens and needs a replacement.

The kit lens is just decent in low light, nothing special. The SLT technology has ~0.5EV of light loss, so it helps to have a faster lens. The bigger f-stops on 16-50 lens would also give you better bokeh for more artistic photos. The 18-55 and 16-50 are in different class of performance and price.

I think the deal is smoking hot.

Barabas said:   If you had a DSLR before and know how to operate in A/S/M modes, sell the kit 18-55 lens and get the Sony 16-50/F2.8 lens, it will feel like a totally different camera with superb sharpness and much better low light capability.
The problem is that Sony's entire range of SLT cameras with APS-C size sensors is missing an auto ISO option in Manual mode. This makes it, at best, very tedious to work in Manual mode, and at worst, practically impossible. I returned a Sony SLT camera for this very reason. So I would recommend the contrary: this is a great deal on a SLR style camera for someone who will never use the Manual mode. Moreover, the SLT cameras are best for good light situations since their exposure program always selects high shutter speeds and small apertures even if it requires a very high ISO to get the correct exposure.

I might be missing something but I only see $50 visa card with the said bundle. You need to purchase another lens for the additional $100 card. What am I not seeing?

Now $598 with the $50 visa card, free shipping and the kit. 2/3/13

So it's $598 with the bundle. Then a $50 visa card plus a little extra kit of a 16gb card, gadget bag and a wireless shutter remote.

A good lens deal to go with this camera.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014