Staples B&M 1/20-1/26 FAR 3 reams of paper

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
labboypro said:   mathfaster said:   Been reported on that other forum that if you bought 2 and only had one sku you can call rebate CS and get it fixed. No need for a return/rebuy.

Yeah, I dropped SER CS a message this morning with screenshot of Rebate Status page... it's really a no-brainer for them to fix. I'll give it a couple of days for them to resolve, and failing that, will return/rebuy.


Attempt #1 a total bust. Here's their very thoughtful and information-laden response in its entirety (only my name redacted)--

Dear labboypro,

Tracking Number:

Shelly
Staples Rebate Customer Service


*sigh*

BeanTech said:   DanoMcGarret said:   jqsmooth said:   Thanks OP. bought the multipurpose, pastel and matte photo paper for around $60 using the rebate coupons and the 25% rewards. Paid with CC.

All 3 rebates printed w/o a hitch.
Purchased 1 ream of multipurpose, 2 reams of pastel and 2 matte photo papers using Rewards coupons w/o a glitch and received SER email confirmation for $54.97.

Dano


Why do you sign all of your posts?
It's a Hawaii Five-O reference.

RE:
It's a Hawaii Five-O reference


I like most of the shows, I do not like that midget son of James Caan on it....

The old Hawaii Five-O.


If you get METV, they are running the old Hawaii 50 shows.....
As well as Columbo, The Fugitive and Naked City....

BeanTech said:   DanoMcGarret said:   jqsmooth said:   Thanks OP. bought the multipurpose, pastel and matte photo paper for around $60 using the rebate coupons and the 25% rewards. Paid with CC.

All 3 rebates printed w/o a hitch.
Purchased 1 ream of multipurpose, 2 reams of pastel and 2 matte photo papers using Rewards coupons w/o a glitch and received SER email confirmation for $54.97.

Dano


Why do you sign all of your posts?


That's his style.
Maybe because he has a personality and is not generic like a robot.
We all do things differently and that's what makes us unique as a person.

labboypro said:   Attempt #1 a total bust.

My CSR submitted an additional rebate for the missing one, and that status is "Invalid, Product Limit Exceeded".

ShakuniMama said:   BeanTech said:   DanoMcGarret said:   jqsmooth said:   Thanks OP. bought the multipurpose, pastel and matte photo paper for around $60 using the rebate coupons and the 25% rewards. Paid with CC.

All 3 rebates printed w/o a hitch.
Purchased 1 ream of multipurpose, 2 reams of pastel and 2 matte photo papers using Rewards coupons w/o a glitch and received SER email confirmation for $54.97.

Dano


Why do you sign all of your posts?


That's his style.
Maybe because he has a personality and is not generic like a robot.
We all do things differently and that's what makes us unique as a person.


Beep Boop. I am not a robot. Boop.

c3 said:   labboypro said:   Attempt #1 a total bust.

My CSR submitted an additional rebate for the missing one, and that status is "Invalid, Product Limit Exceeded".


After _2_ email responses from them that said absolutely nothing (literally, not just "didn't say something worthwhile"), I jumped on chat with them this morning. Rep claims it's fixed and will show up on site in 72 hours. We'll see. I'm predicting an "Invalid, Product Limit Exceeded" like you got. *double sigh*

labboypro said:   c3 said:   labboypro said:   Attempt #1 a total bust.

My CSR submitted an additional rebate for the missing one, and that status is "Invalid, Product Limit Exceeded".


After _2_ email responses from them that said absolutely nothing (literally, not just "didn't say something worthwhile"), I jumped on chat with them this morning. Rep claims it's fixed and will show up on site in 72 hours. We'll see. I'm predicting an "Invalid, Product Limit Exceeded" like you got. *double sigh*



While I had not filed the rebate, store told me they could fix all by calling.
I returned all and using the new corrected coupon with instructions for the cashier to enter twice rebouht.
All went ok.
Store at that pints, late Monday was aware of the issue.

20/60 phone/online cleaning/breakroom
7440-1127-3350-6279

Where should these be posted?

kirku said:   20/60 phone/online cleaning/breakroom
7440-1127-3350-6279

Where should these be posted?
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/online-coupon-trading/482274/

thanks math

I have returned and re-purchased everything with the 25% reward coupon. For my original rebate submission, the two dummy items Staples PAPER OFFER and Staples PAPER OFFER #2 are still there. Has anyone submitted the re-purchased rebate with that condition? The CSR said she could not remove the first rebate submission.

c3 said:   I have returned and re-purchased everything with the 25% reward coupon. For my original rebate submission, the two dummy items Staples PAPER OFFER and Staples PAPER OFFER #2 are still there. Has anyone submitted the re-purchased rebate with that condition? The CSR said she could not remove the first rebate submission.Not totally sure but you should get an email on the return of the items from the rebate system. After you get that check again on the original rebates. If they do not disappear, then submit the new rebate and if it goes over the limit you can call CS to get if fixed. Did you do separate return and rebuy transactions or return/rebuy in one transaction?

c3 said:   I have returned and re-purchased everything with the 25% reward coupon. For my original rebate submission, the two dummy items Staples PAPER OFFER and Staples PAPER OFFER #2 are still there. Has anyone submitted the re-purchased rebate with that condition? The CSR said she could not remove the first rebate submission.


I would say you may get the rebate on the first submission and the second.
It all depends on the timing.

mathfaster said:   c3 said:   I have returned and re-purchased everything with the 25% reward coupon. For my original rebate submission, the two dummy items Staples PAPER OFFER and Staples PAPER OFFER #2 are still there. Has anyone submitted the re-purchased rebate with that condition? The CSR said she could not remove the first rebate submission.Not totally sure but you should get an email on the return of the items from the rebate system. After you get that check again on the original rebates. If they do not disappear, then submit the new rebate and if it goes over the limit you can call CS to get if fixed. Did you do separate return and rebuy transactions or return/rebuy in one transaction?

Separate transactions. All of the actual items have been removed, but not the dummy ones.

c3 said:   mathfaster said:   c3 said:   I have returned and re-purchased everything with the 25% reward coupon. For my original rebate submission, the two dummy items Staples PAPER OFFER and Staples PAPER OFFER #2 are still there. Has anyone submitted the re-purchased rebate with that condition? The CSR said she could not remove the first rebate submission.Not totally sure but you should get an email on the return of the items from the rebate system. After you get that check again on the original rebates. If they do not disappear, then submit the new rebate and if it goes over the limit you can call CS to get if fixed. Did you do separate return and rebuy transactions or return/rebuy in one transaction?

Separate transactions. All of the actual items have been removed, but not the dummy ones.


Did the CSR return the dummy skus or just the real ones?

69ragtop said:   Did the CSR return the dummy skus or just the real ones?

Just the real ones.

c3 said:   69ragtop said:   Did the CSR return the dummy skus or just the real ones?

Just the real ones.

This is a interesting Scenario. Your original rebate may still be good since dummy sku was not returned. Wait a day to see. If you don't see any reject from SER then you can submit the New receipt to submit again. If your fist rebate is still valid, you may need to use different address.

I'm starting to submit my first rebate for these and when I do the white multipurpose (limit 1) it says "items purchased: 2". Is that because of the dummy SKU? Will it be okay? Just worried that it's somehow seeing that I may have bought another ream on another transaction with the same SR account (I know that's not supposed to be connected to SER).

Also, when I do this with the pastels it reports "items purchased: 3". The cashier entered the FAR coupon only once (for 2 reams) which I know is bad. Do I go ahead and submit it like this then call to get them to change it?

On reams of paper, 25% in SR is about as good as -15% (+10% SR) but I'm not sure I can get out to Staples today before their new 7:00pm closing time (6:55pm in Lighthouse Point).

Thanks!
=aw

Submitted one for a friend without SR number. Shows only 1 rebate for Pastels (bought 2, cashier only entered dummy-SKU once). Confirmation says this:

Spls supreme matte 8.5x11 50pk
Spls supreme matte 8.5x11 50pk
Staples PAPER OFFER #2
Staples PAPER OFFER
PASTELS 8.5X11 CANARY PAPER RM
PASTELS 8.5X11 GOLD PAPER RM
Spls 8.5x11 multi 20/96 rm


SER chat says this:

5:24:08 PM : [Agent]: The system will know how many were purchased and automatically process it for the double amount. Up to the household limit of the offer.
5:24:32 PM : [Agent]: I will suggest you to contact us back in 14 days to see if the record has been process for the correct amount, if not, we will correct it for you.
Do I trust this, or is she assuming it's like all other rebates?

Thanks!
=aw

RE:
[Agent]: The system will know how many were purchased and automatically process it for the double amount. Up to the household limit of the offer.


That is correct for the normal buys, for the offers mentioned they did it different for some weird reason.

ShakuniMama said:   Now the dummy coupons have bar codes.
Glad that I procrastinated till today (25% reward coupon).


I was using rewards, the 25% rewards coupon was useless. The 15% off coupon, though--that's cash in my pocket.

The rebates all submitted properly.

That is correct for the normal buys, for the offers mentioned they did it different for some weird reason.
Thanks, I was hoping that maybe so many of these were done wrong that they're fixing them after the fact.

How long do I have to return paper? SER agent said wait 14 days and they'd adjust manually. Is there likely a window where I can ask them to do it and still return the paper if they don't?

Thanks again!
=aw

15% off till the 26th

Just got in eMail from Staples

===========================================
Print this page to redeem this offer in store.

Valid in store only.

15% OFF

your entire in-store purchase.*

Some exclusions apply.

Associate scan UPC before completing sale:

Coupon Code: 42229

*Valid through 1/26/13 in Staples® U.S. stores only. Limit one coupon per household. Cannot be combined with any other coupon. Not valid on desktop or laptop computers, LCD/LED displays, tablets, netbooks, Beats Audio™, Amazon Kindle®, NOOK®, Epson ink and toner, custom printing orders placed online, all Copy & Print self-serve and computer work station, gift cards, mobile phones and mobile phone services, Staples® EasyTech(sm) professional-grade and on-site services, depot repair and parts, phone cards or postage stamps. Each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in order received and prior to tax. Coupon not valid if purchased or sold and must be surrendered. No cash/credit back. Not valid on prior purchases or on purchases made with Staples® Procurement

ottawa said:   How long do I have to return paper? No time limit.

Office Supplies

No matter when you made your purchase, you can return office supplies to us for a full refund, including Staples® brand office products.

zmaster said:   c3 said:   69ragtop said:   Did the CSR return the dummy skus or just the real ones?
Just the real ones.

This is a interesting Scenario. Your original rebate may still be good since dummy sku was not returned. Wait a day to see. If you don't see any reject from SER then you can submit the New receipt to submit again. If your fist rebate is still valid, you may need to use different address.
I'd be surprised if it doesn't get rejected since the rebate required BOTH products to be purchased. I do agree to wait a day or two for the rebate to rejected after the system sees the return.


"Maybe because he has a personality and is not generic like a robot."

Watch that talk about robots.

I bought 2 pastels on Sunday. Had a new cashier who I had to teach how to enter the dummy SKU and since she had a rough enough time w/ that didn't tell her to enter it twice.
Reading about everyone's experiences here I decided to return-rebuy rather than deal w/ CS.
I'd used a Rewards balance coupon. 15% off and the pastels dummy sku.
Went back to store today. Explained problem to experienced cashier. She called SM. He saw it was me, saw the transaction and said it would be a lot easier if he just gave me a $10 gift card.
I paid 15% less than full price and no sales tax so I came out ahead $2.36 for getting the paper.
I suppose since I'll only have Rebate for one ream I could go back and get a 3rd one using the current 15% off and submit for 2nd SER.

RE:
He saw it was me, saw the transaction and said it would be a lot easier if he just gave me a $10 gift card.


Just an hour ago at Staples, I overheard similar with some lady.....
He gave her a gift card over some issue, surely they were instructed to do so.

ShakuniMama said:   We all do things differently and that's what makes us unique as a person.

If we all do things differently, then none of us are different....and all of us are the same as all of the rest of us.

Be carefuly with generalities, can cause divide by zero , or looping instructions....

All us robots are individuals... beep!

Technologist said:   ShakuniMama said:   We all do things differently and that's what makes us unique as a person.

If we all do things differently, then none of us are different....and all of us are the same as all of the rest of us.

Be carefuly with generalities, can cause divide by zero , or looping instructions....

All us robots are individuals... beep!



Sheldon Cooper ?

Technologist said:   
If we all do things differently, then none of us are different....


no, by definition if we all do things different than all of us are different.

With the return of the 15% coupon, do I have the math right on how much Staples is paying us to take this paper off their hands? Assuming a 6% tax jurisdiction,

Photo paper: (100%-15%off) + 6%tax - 100%rebate = (-9.9%) net cost
Ream paper: (100%-15%off) + 6%tax - 8.5%Rewards - 100%rebate = (-18.4%) net cost [8.5% Rewards being 10% of 85%]

Really!?

Thanks!
=aw

ottawa said:   With the return of the 15% coupon, do I have the math right on how much Staples is paying us to take this paper off their hands? Assuming a 6% tax jurisdiction,

Photo paper: (100%-15%off) + 6%tax - 100%rebate = (-9.9%) net cost
Ream paper: (100%-15%off) + 6%tax - 8.5%Rewards - 100%rebate = (-18.4%) net cost [8.5% Rewards being 10% of 85%]

Really!?

Thanks!
=aw



Too much to think about, any amount FAR is good

ottawa said:   With the return of the 15% coupon, do I have the math right on how much Staples is paying us to take this paper off their hands?

High in percentages but low in dollars. The primary goals are cashing out gift cards and rewards, and qualifying for premier. You're not going to get rich because of these deals.

I'm not going to get rich but they're still paying us to take stuff (to get us in the door).

=aw

Does anyone have a copy of the coupon? It is not on the website anymore

Who even uses printer paper any more? We bought a pack of 500 sheets four years ago and have at least 80% left.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014