Staples B&M 1/20-1/26 FAR 3 reams of paper

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Rahmat said:   Does anyone have a copy of the coupon? It is not on the website anymore

Follow my link in the OP to the 15% coupon thread.

vowvoonrsq said:   Who even uses printer paper any more? We bought a pack of 500 sheets four years ago and have at least 80% left.

Who said we actually use the paper?

c3 said:   vowvoonrsq said:   Who even uses printer paper any more? We bought a pack of 500 sheets four years ago and have at least 80% left.Who said we actually use the paper?I use my (better than) free paper to print coupons to get more (better than) free paper.

vowvoonrsq said:   Who even uses printer paper any more? We bought a pack of 500 sheets four years ago and have at least 80% left.Rebate forms and printable manufacturers (and Staples) coupons.

vowvoonrsq said:   Who even uses printer paper any more? We bought a pack of 500 sheets four years ago and have at least 80% left.Friends and business associates.

Dano

Ya - I've got three cases just sitting there from an old Staples FAR

vowvoonrsq said:   Who even uses printer paper any more? We bought a pack of 500 sheets four years ago and have at least 80% left.

Who, people who sell on eBay silly...

I know what I use most of my paper on: I print reams and reams of coupons for more paper.

I bought 2 reams last Sunday. Only scanned dummy sku once.
Went back to store to do return-rebuy and instead SM gave me $10 gc.
Figured WTH, bought another ream of pastels and had dummy SKU scanned.
Submitted receipts from last Sunday's purchase and the 3rd ream.
Today got email that I'd exceeded the limit. So they gave me rebate on the 2 reams purchased last week even though the dummy SKU was only scanned once.
Ended up w/ 3 reams all w/ 15% off coupons, 2 SER and 1 $10 gc.

I print coupons, rebate forms, etc on the back of paper from the office recycling bin. Have yet to dip into my Staples paper.
I give paper away and sell it at annual yard sale. Flew at $1/ream so I raised price to 3/$5. No change in amt sold, ~30+ reams/yard sale.

my4mainecoons said:   Today got email that I'd exceeded the limit. So they gave me rebate on the 2 reams purchased last week even though the dummy SKU was only scanned once.

Have you checked the rebate amount?

vowvoonrsq said:   Who even uses printer paper any more? We bought a pack of 500 sheets four years ago and have at least 80% left.My wife is a teacher and her school does not have a working copy machine. She uses a ream a week sometimes (and 3 cartridges of ink), I need all the free paper I can get.

c3 said:   my4mainecoons said:   Today got email that I'd exceeded the limit. So they gave me rebate on the 2 reams purchased last week even though the dummy SKU was only scanned once.

Have you checked the rebate amount?

now I'm confused. It shows:

Spls supreme matte 8.5x11 50pk
Staples PAPER OFFER #2
PASTELS 8.5X11 CANARY PAPER RM
PASTELS 8.5X11 BLUE PAPER RM

but rebate amt is only $8.99. Rebate receipt only printed for the blue. I'll give it more time. Things might still change.

The "OFFER #2" should have printed twice if they scanned twice. The above says you only submitted one "coupon" to qualify for one ream of FAR.

As I recall, that is.

=aw

my4mainecoons said:   now I'm confused. It shows:

Staples PAPER OFFER #2

but rebate amt is only $8.99. Rebate receipt only printed for the blue. I'll give it more time. Things might still change.

It won't. See my previous posts in this thread on the subject. I have sent 2 emails, done one chat, and it's still not fixed. Will be calling tomorrow to bend someone's ear.

labboypro said:   my4mainecoons said:   now I'm confused. It shows:

Staples PAPER OFFER #2

It won't. See my previous posts in this thread on the subject. I have sent 2 emails, done one chat, and it's still not fixed. Will be calling tomorrow to bend someone's ear.

I submitted 3 rebates and got limit exceeded. I submitted the 3rd based on only receiving approval for one of 2. So somehow they're registering that I purchased 3.

my4mainecoons said:   I submitted 3 rebates and got limit exceeded. I submitted the 3rd based on only receiving approval for one of 2. So somehow they're registering that I purchased 3.

You did purchase three. Even though you were approved for only one of the two rebates for the first purchase, the two reams were already in the system. The system cannot handle the real and dummy SKUs correctly.

This issue calls for an
ON THE SPOT Staples gift card...
for the amount due, managers can do that.

On Saturday they did a return and rebuy for me, based on the receipts (I had the coupons and was willing to buy the physical paper as the deal was the same -- FAR + 15%).

Rebate had already been submitted, I got an email saying I returned a pack of paper and the rebate wasn't happening on that part of the order, hopefully it was the one that already wasn't being paid out. Haven't checked yet.

[edit: just checked and now the rebate status says this:
Rebate 2:
Rebate Offer: 13-43941
$8.99 Rebate on all Staples 8.5 x 11 Pastels Colored Paper (SKUs ... ) at Staples Stores ONLY
Products Purchased:
Staples PAPER OFFER #2
PASTELS 8.5X11 GOLD PAPER RM

So I think they removed the correct ream of paper?

I have a separate receipt for one ream (and PAPER OFFER #2) which I can now submit separately.

If I've got any of this wrong please let me know.

Thanks!
=aw

labboypro said:   It won't. See my previous posts in this thread on the subject. I have sent 2 emails, done one chat, and it's still not fixed. Will be calling tomorrow to bend someone's ear.

Did SECOND chat today (following 2 previous emails and one chat with no results). The rep was a real douche-- kept blaming Staples corporate, store, and me. Insisted that my rebate status DID NOT show both reams of paper... even though I was looking at the live site and it said exactly what I cut and pasted a few posts back in this thread... BOTH reams listed, including color, but only $8.99 award. I understand THAT if you only got the coupon scanned once, it caused this problem, but I do not understand WHY that caused this problem, or WHY it's not something they could just resolve without so much hoop-jumping. Having said that, the CS rep claims he has fixed it (that's what the last chat rep said too). If I don't see it updated on the site in a couple of days, I'm going to die on this hill and put in a nastygram call to corporate. I'm tired of incompetence/indifference from companies.

/rant off (for now)

Unfortunately more complications, is anyone else having this?

On Monday I bought 2 packs of photo paper, 1 ream of white, 2 reams of pastels, using 15% and FAR. Cashier only entered the pastel code once.

Submitted the rebates and SER showed 2 of the pastels but only one of the dummy SKU and only $8.99 for that rebate (s/be $17.98).

On Saturday I did a return and re-buy, "returning" one of the 2 pastels and then re-buying it using the new 15% and FAR. The return showed up right away and the rebate changed, still $8.99 but only one each of pastels and dummy SKU.

Rebate 2:
Rebate Offer: 13-43941
$8.99 Rebate on all Staples 8.5 x 11 Pastels Colored Paper (SKUs ... ) at Staples Stores ONLY
Products Purchased:
Staples PAPER OFFER #2

Last night I submitted a rebate (same name and address) for the single pack of pastels. SER site showed 1 pastels and 1 dummy SKU and a rebate of $8.99.

Today I got an email saying

We received rebate information for this/these product(s):

Staples PAPER OFFER #2
PASTELS 8.5X11 GREEN PAPER RM

Unfortunately, the requirements for the promotion(s) were not met, and your rebate submission(s) were invalidated. We're sorry about that.
Here is/are the specific reason(s):

Product Limit Exceeded

What do I do? Just return the ream and write it off to experience? Or can they actually fix it? From some of the postings on this thread, including mine, they'll just keep saying they fixed it but not do anything.

Thanks!
=aw

ottawa said:   What do I do? Just return the ream and write it off to experience? Or can they actually fix it? From some of the postings on this thread, including mine, they'll just keep saying they fixed it but not do anything.

If it were Discount Tire, I think this is where you throw a tire through their plate glass store window. My recommendation is to make a stink with BBB (which has an easy to use online form) and/or your state Attorney General's office (they almost certainly have a "consumer complaint" division, and probably even an online complaint form as well). Why all the "complaining" from me? I'm tired of complacency, unaccountability, (and sometimes) deception. Business need to be held accountable. If they make an offer, they need to stick to the terms... it's basic contract law-- promise for consideration. Claiming "system problem" or just "oopsie (while batting eyelashes and shrugging shoulders)" doesn't make the accountability go away.

If you simply do a return and lick your wounds, you may save yourself an extra 20 minutes of "hassle" doing the complaint forms, but you then DON'T contribute to the public holding companies accountable. By participating in the accountability, you are 1) potentially solving your own problem, and 2) "paying it forward" for the next person, who hopefully won't have to deal with such problems because you pushed the company to fix things.

/2 cents (actually, more like a nickel)

Canadians don't throw tires through windows. Unless it's about hockey.

[Seriously, thanks for the good advice.]

=aw

zmaster said:   c3 said:   69ragtop said:   Did the CSR return the dummy skus or just the real ones?

Just the real ones.

This is a interesting Scenario. Your original rebate may still be good since dummy sku was not returned. Wait a day to see. If you don't see any reject from SER then you can submit the New receipt to submit again. If your fist rebate is still valid, you may need to use different address.

Anyone have success getting this cleaned up? I also show 1 rebate, 2 reams, but only $8.99. Shut down via chat.

dukerau said:   Anyone have success getting this cleaned up? I also show 1 rebate, 2 reams, but only $8.99. Shut down via chat.
I sent an email and CSR made a manual "mail-in" submission for the second ream. The tracking no. they emailed me now shows "Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing.'

Last night I emailed from the website. Got a quick reply suggesting I use real-time chat for faster service, then I just got an email that they fixed it. I hadn't yet made time to do the RTC.

First rebate submission shows photo paper and white "Validation complete." and one ream of Pastels "Validation in progress.".

Other rebate submission shows one ream of pastels "Validation in progress.".

Assuming they validate, looks like it got fixed. Will see in a couple of days, but I'm optimistic. Not because they said they fixed it but because the status changed. Of course it could easily change back to rejected again.

[edit: just saw the other reply, dukerau please ignore my suggestion] dukerau, note that I actually went to the store, returned one ream, and then re-bought it on a separate receipt. I would expect that a rebate submission still showing

Products Purchased:
Staples PAPER OFFER #2

will not result in 2 rebates. ("GOLD" meaning the Pastels was "Goldenrod").

At this point you may have to return one of the reams and lose the corresponding rebate and Rewards. Sorry.

=aw

Has anyone had the store manager just give you the amount after talking to and presenting the paperwork to him?

yesidonoitall said:   Has anyone had the store manager just give you the amount after talking to and presenting the paperwork to him?
he didn't give me the amount he gave me more-- $10 coupon off $10 purchase

my4mainecoons said:   yesidonoitall said:   Has anyone had the store manager just give you the amount after talking to and presenting the paperwork to him?
he didn't give me the amount he gave me more-- $10 coupon off $10 purchase

You have a good manager at your store.

labboypro said:   labboypro said:   It won't. See my previous posts in this thread on the subject. I have sent 2 emails, done one chat, and it's still not fixed. Will be calling tomorrow to bend someone's ear.

If I don't see it updated on the site in a couple of days, I'm going to die on this hill and put in a nastygram call to corporate. I'm tired of incompetence/indifference from companies.

/rant off (for now)

Time passes...

Staples finally responded to my BBB complaint with scripted apology, said they would be sending me a rebate check in 7-10 days to cover the second ream of paper, and would be emailing me a "courtesy coupon" for $15. So, it's resolved... if only after waayyyyy too much hassle.

my rebate just got printed for the one ream, so i guess it's time to dig up the receipt and return one ream "anytime" as an office supply..

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014