Staples B&M 1/20-1/26 FAR 3 reams of paper

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
I bought the blue and turquoise pastels, and neither one printed out at the register! The green one did though. It was a huge hassle and a waste of 20 minutes to get it straightened out. It never was straightened out... I ended up returning and rebuying a few different colors, and finally paying $8 for the blue one because I needed it, but I doubt I will get the rebate without a BBB complaint.

glockophile said:   I bought the blue and turquoise pastels, and neither one printed out at the register! The green one did though. It was a huge hassle and a waste of 20 minutes to get it straightened out. It never was straightened out... I ended up returning and rebuying a few different colors, and finally paying $8 for the blue one because I needed it, but I doubt I will get the rebate without a BBB complaint.Were you able to match the skus in the store with the skus that were posted for the rebate? Not saying that would make a difference to what happened. I bought 2 lilac because someone said that color kicked out a rebate but they bought the assorted sku and did not get a rebate printed. What does the quantity purchased say on the rebate form? 1 or 3. Not sure there should be a rebate printing for each sku if they are all covered by the same rebate. Also, when you did the rebuys did you have the non-inventoried sku added to the transaction? If not, the rebate will not print nor would a rebate be validated.

yesidonoitall said:   Free is a very good price....Free is a good price. Better than free is a very good price.

glockophile said:   I bought the blue and turquoise pastels, and neither one printed out at the register! The green one did though. It was a huge hassle and a waste of 20 minutes to get it straightened out. It never was straightened out... I ended up returning and rebuying a few different colors, and finally paying $8 for the blue one because I needed it, but I doubt I will get the rebate without a BBB complaint.Did the dummy SKU show up on your receipt? Without it, you will not get the rebate form -- or the rebate.

For both coupons it printed $0.00
2 times on the receipt
each with the offer number, 2 rebates forms printed out, 1 with the limit of 1
and the other with a limit of 2

EDIT

Forest all that, only 1 PASEL GOT A REBATE FORM

Don't forget the Bounty 8 rolls for $4.00 coupon on the front page of the ad.

The posts on that other forum seem to indicate that if you buy 2 different pastel skus make sure they enter they enter the dummy sku twice on the transaction in order to get a rebate to print out for each sku. Lot of issues it seems with only one rebate printing out when there are 2 different pastel skus purchased and only one dummy sku for the pastel paper is included on the receipt.

csdx said:   Don't you usually only need 1 rebate even if buying multiple? For photo paper when I bought 2 it only printed 1 rebate, but when I entered it listed both items as qualifying. Or is this different because it's attached to a coupon?

This one requires the cashier enter it twice. I bought 2x pastels, cashier entered it once. I didn't realize until submitting rebates a few minutes ago that printed rebate form says "Quantity you purchased: 1" ... which isn't true. So, now I have to jump through hoops to get my $9 on the second one (and to complicate matters, I paid with Rewards). Ugh!

mathfaster said:   The posts on that other forum seem to indicate that if you buy 2 different pastel skus make sure they enter they enter the dummy sku twice on the transaction in order to get a rebate to print out for each sku. Lot of issues it seems with only one rebate printing out when there are 2 different pastel skus purchased and only one dummy sku for the pastel paper is included on the receipt.

I see that now, receipt shows 2 pastels bought but rebate form says number of eligible rebates using this rebate form is 1

Rebate for the the multi purpose limit of 1 is ok.

mathfaster said:   The posts on that other forum seem to indicate that if you buy 2 different pastel skus make sure they enter they enter the dummy sku twice on the transaction in order to get a rebate to print out for each sku. Lot of issues it seems with only one rebate printing out when there are 2 different pastel skus purchased and only one dummy sku for the pastel paper is included on the receipt.
Yup, thats exactly what happened to me.
Bought two different colors and cashier only entered coupon sku once. Only got one rebate form. . . And I paid with rewards

chatterbox22 said:   mathfaster said:   The posts on that other forum seem to indicate that if you buy 2 different pastel skus make sure they enter they enter the dummy sku twice on the transaction in order to get a rebate to print out for each sku. Lot of issues it seems with only one rebate printing out when there are 2 different pastel skus purchased and only one dummy sku for the pastel paper is included on the receipt.
Bought two different colors and cashier only entered coupon sku once. Only got one rebate form. . . And I paid with rewards
Have you submitted the rebate? There really should be no harm in doing so to see what it says. Shouldn't cause an issue if you return the one w/o the rebate and rebuy with the dummy sku AFAIK.

mathfaster said:   chatterbox22 said:   mathfaster said:   The posts on that other forum seem to indicate that if you buy 2 different pastel skus make sure they enter they enter the dummy sku twice on the transaction in order to get a rebate to print out for each sku. Lot of issues it seems with only one rebate printing out when there are 2 different pastel skus purchased and only one dummy sku for the pastel paper is included on the receipt.
Have you submitted the rebate? There really should be no harm in doing so to see what it says. Shouldn't cause an issue if you return the one w/o the rebate and rebuy with the dummy sku AFAIK.

If that works it makes it easy.
I know the head CS person and will see her tomorrow, as far as I am concerned I would prefer to do the return, and rebuy correctly.

FWIW, here is what my now validated rebates look like for the pastel paper and the ream paper. I bought 2 lilac pastel reams and the Staples MP ream paper. I did have the cashier enter the dummy sku for the pastel paper twice just in case.

ETA: I had issues today with getting the photo paper rebate in a form other than a Visa card. I would click on the other forms link and all it would show me is the Visa or Staples gift card as options. I kept going back and forth and it finally showed check. It was weird. I only bring it up as someone awhile ago swore up and down there was no check option on a rebate that had one as an option.

"Rebate 1:
Rebate Offer: 13-43941
$8.99 Rebate on all Staples 8.5 x 11 Pastels Colored Paper (SKUs 490935, 490936, 490944, 490947, 490948, 490950, 678824, 678826, 678829, 678831, 679481) at Staples Stores ONLY [stapleseasyrebates.com]
Products Purchased:
Staples PAPER OFFER #2
Staples PAPER OFFER #2
PASTELS 8.5X11 LILAC PAPER RM
Validation in progress.* Rebate Check for $17.98

Rebate 2:
Rebate Offer: 13-43946
$6.99 Rebate on Staples 8.5x11 Multipurpose Paper Ream (SKU 513099) at Staples Stores ONLY [stapleseasyrebates.com]
Products Purchased:
Spls 8.5x11 multi 20/96 rm
Staples PAPER OFFER
Validation in progress.* Rebate Check for $6.99"

mathfaster said:   I bought 2 lilac because someone said that color kicked out a rebate but they bought the assorted sku and did not get a rebate printed.Bought 2 assorted (SKU 679481), NI SKU 117308 entered twice.

1 rebate form printed with Quantity purchased = 2 for Paper SKU & Quantity purchased = 2 for NI SKU
Rebates Eligible using with this form = 2

billrubin said:   yesidonoitall said:   Free is a very good price....Free is a good price. Better than free is a very good price.And stacking 15% + $10/$50 OD coupon (all FAR = $54.95) is an excellent price.

mathfaster said:   FWIW, here is what my now validated rebates look like for the pastel paper and the ream paper. I bought 2 lilac pastel reams and the Staples MP ream paper. I did have the cashier enter the dummy sku for the pastel paper twice just in case.

ETA: I had issues today with getting the photo paper rebate in a form other than a Visa card. I would click on the other forms link and all it would show me is the Visa or Staples gift card as options. I kept going back and forth and it finally showed check. It was weird. I only bring it up as someone awhile ago swore up and down there was no check option on a rebate that had one as an option.

"Rebate 1:
$8.99 Rebate on all Staples 8.5 x 11 Pastels Colored Paper (SKUs 490935, 490936, 490944, 490947, 490948, 490950, 678824, 678826, 678829, 678831, 679481) at Staples Stores ONLY [stapleseasyrebates.com]
Products Purchased:
Staples PAPER OFFER #2
Staples PAPER OFFER #2

Rebate 2:
$6.99 Rebate on Staples 8.5x11 Multipurpose Paper Ream (SKU 513099) at Staples Stores ONLY [stapleseasyrebates.com]
Products Purchased:
Staples PAPER OFFER

For the multiple paper and pastels colored paper rebates, why not choose Paypal option?

labboypro said:   This one requires the cashier enter it twice. I bought 2x pastels, cashier entered it once. I didn't realize until submitting rebates a few minutes ago that printed rebate form says "Quantity you purchased: 1" ... which isn't true. So, now I have to jump through hoops to get my $9 on the second one (and to complicate matters, I paid with Rewards). Ugh!

Maybe this will work itself out??? Just got rebate update email from Staples that reads as follows--

Good news! We've started processing your rebate(s) for:
Spls supreme matte 8.5x11 50pk
Staples PAPER OFFER #2
Staples PAPER OFFER PASTELS 8.5X11 SALMON PAPER RM
PASTELS 8.5X11 GREEN PAPER RM

It's not yet clear, but they did bother to list both Salmon and Green reams I bought (even though, per my previous post above, only the Salmon one appears on the rebate form that printed out). However, the lines are formatted differently-- note the Salmon one says "Paper Offer" in it. Gah!!! Thoughts???

mathfaster said:   chatterbox22 said:   mathfaster said:   The posts on that other forum seem to indicate that if you buy 2 different pastel skus make sure they enter they enter the dummy sku twice on the transaction in order to get a rebate to print out for each sku. Lot of issues it seems with only one rebate printing out when there are 2 different pastel skus purchased and only one dummy sku for the pastel paper is included on the receipt.

I submitted it, but it hasn't been validated yet.

Wouldn't returning be a pain since I paid with rewards?

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   mathfaster said:   I bought 2 lilac because someone said that color kicked out a rebate but they bought the assorted sku and did not get a rebate printed.Bought 2 assorted (SKU 679481), NI SKU 117308 entered twice.

1 rebate form printed with Quantity purchased = 2 for Paper SKU & Quantity purchased = 2 for NI SKU
Rebates Eligible using with this form = 2
I don't think the issue is the assorted sku then but rather there is only one NI SKU being entered for the transaction when buying 2 skus of pastel paper. Can Staples make this any more complicated than it already is for the end user and the cashiers? I pity the poor customer who is not a member of these forums and does not have any support to avoid issues with this form of rebate.

No. Returning will not be a pain.

chatterbox22 said:   mathfaster said:   chatterbox22 said:   mathfaster said:   The posts on that other forum seem to indicate that if you buy 2 different pastel skus make sure they enter they enter the dummy sku twice on the transaction in order to get a rebate to print out for each sku. Lot of issues it seems with only one rebate printing out when there are 2 different pastel skus purchased and only one dummy sku for the pastel paper is included on the receipt.

I submitted it, but it hasn't been validated yet.

Wouldn't returning be a pain since I paid with rewards?
Don't think so. If you do a return it should print out a "refund" coupon so they can be used again on a future transaction.

aarzi said:   No. Returning will not be a pain.Glad you expanded that beyond the original "no". I was thinking you were saying no they cannot make this rebate process more complex than it is. Has anyone seen or have a reasonable explanation of why the heck Staples is doing these NI SKUs? Friggin nightmare.

This paper FAR deal is really screwed IMHO. I'm going to write an "easy button" app for my phone that says "that was a hassle".

mathfaster said:   FWIW, here is what my now validated rebates look like for the pastel paper and the ream paper. I bought 2 lilac pastel reams and the Staples MP ream paper. I did have the cashier enter the dummy sku for the pastel paper twice just in case.

"Rebate 1:
Products Purchased:
Staples PAPER OFFER #2
Staples PAPER OFFER #2

Rebate 2:
Products Purchased:
Staples PAPER OFFER

Are you saying that after you submitted the rebate, the eMail from

Staples with this in the

SUBJECT LINE
We got it. And soon you'll get it back.

Had the correct number of pastel paper bought and you will be getting the rebate for both?

chatterbox22 said:   mathfaster said:   The posts on that other forum seem to indicate that if you buy 2 different pastel skus make sure they enter they enter the dummy sku twice on the transaction in order to get a rebate to print out for each sku. Lot of issues it seems with only one rebate printing out when there are 2 different pastel skus purchased and only one dummy sku for the pastel paper is included on the receipt.

Staples has been making these deals way too complicated lately. I guess they really don't want everyone to get the stuff for FAR without going through lots of hoops.

yesidonoitall said:   ...Are you saying that after you submitted the rebate, the eMail from

Staples with this in the

SUBJECT LINE

Had the correct number of pastel paper bought and you will be getting the rebate for both?
Yep. Also, there was a post on that other forum of someone one bought 2 different pastel skus and only had one NI SKU added to the transaction and got the rebate for both pastel reams.So, maybe only one NI SKU is necessary. Have only seen one post to this effect. Needs a second confirmation.

mathfaster said:   yesidonoitall said:   ...Are you saying that after you submitted the rebate, the eMail from

Staples with this in the

SUBJECT LINE

Yep. Also, there was a post on that other forum of someone one bought 2 different pastel skus and only add one NI SKU added to the transaction and got the rebate for both pastel reams.So, maybe only one NI SKU is necessary. Have only seen one post to this effect. Needs a second confirmation.

Update: The cashier only entered the coupon sku once, but the rebate validation email shows both!

Staples PAPER OFFER #2
Staples PAPER OFFER #2
PASTELS 8.5X11 PINK PAPER RM
PASTELS 8.5X11 TURQUOISE RM

ugghh.. i bought two pastels but the cashier entered the dummy sku once!.. i didn't notice until i got home and was entering the rebate.. only 1 is eligible for the rebate.. arrhh..

darn.. the Staples near me closed down and the one that i go now is too far (13 miles).. - not worth the drive unless i'm passing by that store..

anyone know the return policy for the pastel paper? i'm going to have to get a refund on 1 of the pastels..

chatterbox22 said:   ...Update: The cashier only entered the coupon sku once, but the rebate validation email shows both!

Staples PAPER OFFER #2
Staples PAPER OFFER #2
Let us know in about 30 minutes what the dollar amounts are on the rebate. It takes about that long for the amounts to be updated once you get that email. Right now you are in the queue for processing.

pastel (1.91MB)
Disclaimer
In re reading the rebate form it does look like it shows 2 bought of the limit of 2.
Each color bought shows purchase of 1
THOUGH it does say rebates eligible using this form 1

Smart cashiers are inputing sku once x2, saving themselves work. Or twice without being asked. The rest of them are their usual clueless selves.

aarzi said:   Smart cashiers are inputing sku once x2, saving themselves work. Or twice without being asked. The rest of them are their usual clueless selves.

It could be by now Staples has sent notices to the stores to enter it twice.

yesidonoitall said:   In re reading the rebate form it does look like it shows 2 bought of the limit of 2.
The 2nd one is the NI SKU, not the 2nd paper. Your rebate form shows that you bought only 1 paper. Do you have another rebate form for the 2nd paper?

mathfaster said:   chatterbox22 said:   ...Update: The cashier only entered the coupon sku once, but the rebate validation email shows both!

Staples PAPER OFFER #2
Staples PAPER OFFER #2
Let us know in about 30 minutes what the dollar amounts are on the rebate. It takes about that long for the amounts to be updated once you get that email. Right now you are in the queue for processing.

Sorry I goofed on this one. I see the cashier did enter the coupon sku twice. It s the first thing on the receipt, and the last thing. I bought a bunch of stuff so I didn't notice that it was on there twice in two separate places.
Sorry guys. Will look closer next time before posting.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   yesidonoitall said:   In re reading the rebate form it does look like it shows 2 bought of the limit of 2.
The 2nd one is the NI SKU, not the 2nd paper. Your rebate form shows that you bought only 1 paper. Do you have another rebate form for the 2nd paper?

No, so back to Staples TOMORROW, WILL ALSO USE THE 15% OFF AGAIN ON JUNK, ONE MILE AWAY AND ANOTHER TO wm, NO BIG DEAL....

I had a cashier who kept staring at the pastel coupon. Tried entering the code and nothing happened. I told her that she had to enter it like a SKU not a coupon. "Oh, thanks". So she entered it. At that point I should have told her to do it again but I didn't Now I'm in the same boat and I paid w/ a Rewards balance coupon so I can't do a partial return. I'm sure if I explain to any of the managers they'll make it work-- probably do a return w/o receipt then rebuy-- but what a PIA.

In for assorted and salmon. thanks OP!

my4mainecoons said:   I had a cashier who kept staring at the pastel coupon. Tried entering the code and nothing happened. I told her that she had to enter it like a SKU not a coupon. "Oh, thanks". So she entered it. At that point I should have told her to do it again but I didn't Now I'm in the same boat and I paid w/ a Rewards balance coupon so I can't do a partial return. I'm sure if I explain to any of the managers they'll make it work-- probably do a return w/o receipt then rebuy-- but what a PIA.I have seen mixed posts on getting a "refund" coupon when returning products bought with a balance coupon. Most say not an issue. Others have had issues with no refund coupon. Without seeing the receipts of those who have failed it is hard to reconcile the conflicting comments.

Bought two of the same assorted pastel paper. One NI SKU on the receipt. Rebate amount is only $8.99. Unless the rebate CSR can change it, I'll have to return one ream.

Just to add to the drama ... I handed cashier both NI SKU "coupons" (pastels on top, MP underneath). Told her she had to enter it (pastels) twice. So I see her enter it twice, then put the printouts down. I said "did you enter the other?". She thought that I had just handed her 2 copies of the pastels "coupon". So she then entered the MP NI SKU twice.

No harm, no foul ... rebates are Validation in Progress for the correct amounts.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014