• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
1. Print out 15% off coupon in other HD thread

2. Buy this item instore at kiosk, shipping is free

http://www.staples.com/Trend-Micro-Titanium-Internet-Security-20...

Pay $21.25 a/15% coupon, get $20 Easy Rebate. LIMIT 10 REBATES (must be .com purchase for rebate, kiosk is allowable)

Limit 10, if you have "mega" rewards to cash out, not a bad deal.

valid to 1/21 only (when 15% off expires)

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Don't hold your breath. That's just a standard reply that the CSR tells everyone.

c3 (Jan. 28, 2013 @ 11:01a) |

i guess i ll see if I have to do it too

mrkk (Jan. 28, 2013 @ 1:25p) |

just got a snail mail that my download order is not valid for rebate, missing upc

wtf, i submitted easy rebate and the sy... (more)

mrkk (Feb. 17, 2013 @ 1:05p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

The rebate is for Staples.com purchases only, not for in-store purchases. You can order 4 online (plus a very small filler) and use the $15 off $100 coupon # 39173 to get it for around the same price as what the OP proposed (less if you factor in online Cash Back).

roy7736 said:   The rebate is for Staples.com purchases only, not for in-store purchases. You can order 4 online (plus a very small filler) and use the $15 off $100 coupon # 39173 to get it for around the same price as what the OP proposed (less if you factor in online Cash Back).

can still do kiosk, that is considered Staples.com, and still cheaper with the 15% off full total if you aren't spending exactly $100.

good idea, my only question is if the kiosk order can still be paid in-store?

(I was tempted to do the download version -get 2 and use the 10/50 one time-online purchase only use coupon that I had...then i decided it's too hard to find a penny item to make it FAR

VivYip said:   good idea, my only question is if the kiosk order can still be paid in-store?

(I was tempted to do the download version -get 2 and use the 10/50 one time-online purchase only use coupon that I had...then i decided it's too hard to find a penny item to make it FAR

yes, they can. can also pay with rewards and or gift cards.

VivYip said:   good idea, my only question is if the kiosk order can still be paid in-store?

You cannot order downloads from a kiosk. They will not get added to the cart.

mathfaster said:   VivYip said:   good idea, my only question is if the kiosk order can still be paid in-store?

You cannot order downloads from a kiosk. They will not get added to the cart.

true...if I was at kisosk, it'd have to be box version. I was thinking about the download only because I was thinking of the coupon and just ordering at home (and thinking to avoid sales tax)

Using the instore 15% off coupon makes it $1.24AR. Buying 3 almost cashes out an $80 double recycling check. $3.72 is reasonable conversion cost.

Vivyip-- You need to use the instore coupons if you're ordering at kiosk and paying in store. Paying in store makes it an instore order. Online coupon only works if you pay on line.

my4mainecoons said:   Using the instore 15% off coupon makes it $1.24AR. Buying 3 almost cashes out an $80 double recycling check. $3.72 is reasonable conversion cost.

Vivyip-- You need to use the instore coupons if you're ordering at kiosk and paying in store. Paying in store makes it an instore order. Online coupon only works if you pay on line.

Maine,

yes, conversion cost isn't bad, given lately the only way to do a "large" cash out in one purchase with software has been MIR titles like McAfee and Intuit. and we know what a PITA those are.

so if it works online, why do i need to do in-kiosk again?

mrkk said:   so if it works online, why do i need to do in-kiosk again?

To use the 15% off, it can only be used in store.

Scifiguy123 said:   mrkk said:   so if it works online, why do i need to do in-kiosk again?

http://f.e.staples.com/i/25/2068345218/1.20.13.39173.jpg?

expires on 20 midnight

Scifiguy123 said:   mrkk said:   so if it works online, why do i need to do in-kiosk again?

mrkk said:   so if it works online, why do i need to do in-kiosk again?
if you're cashing out Reward check entirely you can do this from home and use the on line coupon which requires minimum purchase $100.
If you have <$100 to cash out then you need to go in store so you can use the 15% off which does not require a minimum purchase.

Another reason to do this instore is balance due. I could cash out my Rewards w/online order & coupon but it won't be exact.
If my total is more than what I have in Rewards I'd have to pay w/ credit card. I'd rather pay any balance w/ a Staples gift card.
If my total is less than what I have in Rewards the system cannot generate a balance coupon.

mrkk said:   so if it works online, why do i need to do in-kiosk again?Because a kiosk order when paid for at the register, although it is technically an online order, cannot have online coupons applied to it. Does not work and online coupons will not scan when attempted to be used on a kiosk order in the store. You can however apply store coupons like the 15% off coupon which is store only to a kiosk order. When the purchase details hit the Rewards system it looks just like a store purchase including the order number. Your goods ordered from the kiosk will still be delivered just like an online order. Either to your home or to the store for pickup. You must use the "pay at the register" option on the kiosk order in order to apply store coupons. It is usually best to buy something from the store in addition to the goods ordered via the kiosk. Some stores will not allow you to apply coupons to a kiosk order if that is all you are purchasing. YMMV.

Does anyone know if this comes with free updates or is it just 1 year?

Is there any way to get a check instead of a Visa card for this rebate?

somepersonsomewhere said:   Is there any way to get a check instead of a Visa card for this rebate?You are always AFAIK given the option to get the rebate in check form when they say Visa rebate. Just look for the option to change the rebate to check form when you are submitting the rebate. You can also look at the bottom link to FORM when pulling up the rebate in the rebate center. It tells you what the forms of payment are available for a given rebate offer.

ineed3ofme said:   Does anyone know if this comes with free updates or is it just 1 year?

One year of updates. Have been using this for the past 3 years. I am a former McAfee user. Got tired of unintalling and reinstalling McAfee each year. As long as you use the same Trend Micro suite each year, you can just change the serial number. If you register on their site, you can track all your subscriptions.

This software works in conjunction with the windows tools already on your PC. The software is very lean unlike McAfee which is very instrusive and sucks up your PC resources.

Does Staples ship with UPS or USPS?

somepersonsomewhere said:   Does Staples ship with UPS or USPS?UPS or their own trucks.

MISTERCHEAP said:   my4mainecoons said:   Using the instore 15% off coupon makes it $1.24AR. Buying 3 almost cashes out an $80 double recycling check. $3.72 is reasonable conversion cost.

Maine,

yes, conversion cost isn't bad, given lately the only way to do a "large" cash out in one purchase with software has been MIR titles like McAfee and Intuit. and we know what a PITA those are.
Nice find MC. I've got a $125 battery Rewards checks and this will blow a hole right through it. Let's hope this isn't the last Q1 deal from Staples.

Dano

If I purchased 4 of these downloadable versions, do I have to submit 4 rebates?

somepersonsomewhere said:   If I purchased 4 of these downloadable versions, do I have to submit 4 rebates?
welcome to FW. There's a Staples for Newbies thread here.
You'll enter your receipt information on Staples Rebate site and system will see that you purchased 4.

I seem to have taken too long to order... tried getting 2 boxed versions that I was going to give to my dad and brother, but they are out of stock now. Guess now I'll just have to give them the download versions/keys. At least I got rid of my old rewards certs. Thanks op.

DayTrader said:   ineed3ofme said:   Does anyone know if this comes with free updates or is it just 1 year?

One year of updates. Have been using this for the past 3 years. I am a former McAfee user. Got tired of unintalling and reinstalling McAfee each year. As long as you use the same Trend Micro suite each year, you can just change the serial number. If you register on their site, you can track all your subscriptions.

This software works in conjunction with the windows tools already on your PC. The software is very lean unlike McAfee which is very instrusive and sucks up your PC resources.
TY so much!

ineed3ofme said:   Does anyone know if this comes with free updates or is it just 1 year?
*looks at wall full of Trend Micro FAR software* I forgot that some people buy these to use...

bytem3 said:   ineed3ofme said:   Does anyone know if this comes with free updates or is it just 1 year?
*looks at wall full of Trend Micro FAR software* I forgot that some people buy these to use...

I "use" them to fill up the empty space in my hall closet. Does that count?

Just returned from store, where I picked up 2 pastel ream paper, 1 regular ream paper, 2 photo paper, and kiosk order for 2 Trend Micro. Handed cashier coupons to make above papers FAR, plus 15% off order, and then cashed out purchase with double ink Rewards. So...about $80MM AR. Yay.

Wow, I have a $160 rewards check to get rid of. This is very tempting! I'm guessing I can also use a free item with purchase coupon from an in-store catalog to get some crappy item with it.

Crap -- it's showing OOS for the single user boxed version!

crap, i went and purchased the download version (from home computer, not kiosk) and submitted the ezrebate online after I received the downloads...only now, it shows:

Rebate Description Status Rebate Offer
Rebate 1:
Rebate Offer: 13-44781
Get a $20 Visa (R) Prepaid Card on Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 1 User (SKUs 982462, 982953) at Staples.com Invalid
Trend Titanium Internet Securi Missing UPC

will need to contact CS for help

Same issue, the ironic part is the rebate text makes no mention of needing to turn in the UPCs, even if you did had the physical boxes and mailed in the rebate. Luckily a brief chat cleared it up quickly.

billrubin said:   Wow, I have a $160 rewards check to get rid of. This is very tempting! I'm guessing I can also use a free item with purchase coupon from an in-store catalog to get some crappy item with it.

To your first part, yep, not a problem for me online (not kiosk) using a free item (free cutting boards in my case with >$100 purchase) + rewards + $15 off $100 coupon (expired now). Used a padded mailer ($0.79) filler to get just over $100.

billrubin said:   Wow, I have a $160 rewards check to get rid of. This is very tempting! I'm guessing I can also use a free item with purchase coupon from an in-store catalog to get some crappy item with it.

Tempting indeed....I have a $158 check and one for $291. They don't expire until the end of March and April.
I'm going to pass and roll the dice that some true freebies show up in the next month or so.

I have no doubts if I do this deal now, there will be multiple FAR items in next week's Staples ad!

BeanTech said:   I have no doubts if I do this deal now, there will be multiple FAR items in next week's Staples ad!And if you don't, there won't be any FAR in the next 3 months, so ... please do THIS deal now!

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   BeanTech said:   I have no doubts if I do this deal now, there will be multiple FAR items in next week's Staples ad!And if you don't, there won't be any FAR in the next 3 months, so ... please do THIS deal now! You are probably right. I would think the best approach is to go to the store and talk to the manager if you are on good terms with one. The managers have a list of upcoming promotions. I don't know how far into the future it goes but it wouldn't hurt to ask or find out.

Double crap - still showing OOS.

Dano

Was checking for this at work and found that 5 copies were in stock (somewhere out west, 4 day delivery). So I ran out to Staples, even picked up a catalog with a crappy offer for a free travel kit with $100 purchase, but when I logged into my account it claimed that it was OOS . But it was also showing me the downloadable version, which I found odd since I thought they stopped having those available at the kiosk. Anyway, I decided to put 8 copies in my cart along with the free item and went to the register just to see if it would work, although I was not optimistic. The cashier could not get the free item coupon to apply, but I told her to try the 15% off since I wasn't buying if that did not work. It came up as no qualifying items . So I left and she cancelled the register transaction. My order is showing up as "Researching", I assume it will get cancelled at some point.

Maybe it will go back in stock and there will be another coupon later in the week.

billrubin said:   Was checking for this at work and found that 5 copies were in stock (somewhere out west, 4 day delivery). So I ran out to Staples, even picked up a catalog with a crappy offer for a free travel kit with $100 purchase, but when I logged into my account it claimed that it was OOS . But it was also showing me the downloadable version, which I found odd since I thought they stopped having those available at the kiosk. Anyway, I decided to put 8 copies in my cart along with the free item and went to the register just to see if it would work, although I was not optimistic. The cashier could not get the free item coupon to apply, but I told her to try the 15% off since I wasn't buying if that did not work. It came up as no qualifying items . So I left and she cancelled the register transaction. My order is showing up as "Researching", I assume it will get cancelled at some point.

Maybe it will go back in stock and there will be another coupon later in the week.
Someone else reported the same experience you had on that other forum today. They had the cashier/manager fiddle for ten minutes trying to get the sales tax removed and eventually got that removed but had no luck applying the 15% coupon. My guess is that the 15% did not work as the sku for the download is not sold in the store obviously being digital. That has been the experience in the past when trying to apply store coupons to kiosk orders. I wonder if the 20% SW mobile app coupon would apply or the $10/$75 mobile app which works on just about anything. I may try this later in the week just for fun since this ability to put downloads in your cart on a kiosk order and pay at the register appears to be no longer restricted.

Not sure why this deal is marked expired. Offer Expires on 01/26/2013.

Currently OOS, but as with all Staples software deals, stock usually comes and goes MANY times throughout the week.

edit: oops... it's the 15% coupon that's expired, not the SER.

Skipping 29 Messages...
just got a snail mail that my download order is not valid for rebate, missing upc

wtf, i submitted easy rebate and the system accepted it online

after so many days

i thought by this time they d fix it

edit: chat with Staples rewards center
i ll get 80$ card in 15 days

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014