• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
labboypro said:   Not sure why this deal is marked expired. Offer Expires on 01/26/2013.

Currently OOS, but as with all Staples software deals, stock usually comes and goes MANY times throughout the week.

edit: oops... it's the 15% coupon that's expired, not the SER.

Not sure if it comes back in stock, how would the price breakdown be with 25% rewards coupon. I guess then we can purchase it online only instead of going to the store/kiosk?

labboypro said:   Not sure why this deal is marked expired. Offer Expires on 01/26/2013.

Currently OOS, but as with all Staples software deals, stock usually comes and goes MANY times throughout the week.

But Staples takes day old coupons, right? So it should still work today?

rhino850 said:   labboypro said:   Not sure why this deal is marked expired. Offer Expires on 01/26/2013.

But Staples takes day old coupons, right? So it should still work today?
If it came back into stock, which it hasn't.

MysteriousGirl said:   Not sure if it comes back in stock, how would the price breakdown be with 25% rewards coupon. I guess then we can purchase it online only instead of going to the store/kiosk?

25% rewards coup won't work on this deal. Rebate is for online purchases only. While in-store kiosk purchase = online, the register will reject the 25% coup because that's in-store only. You'd have to get a willing manager to override for the 25% coup to work.

As for using the 15% coup today, Staples policy (at least what I've seen quoted in other Staples posts re their policy-- it's a fairly old statement from them) regarding expired coupons means they should take it... so technically, this deal still works.

labboypro said:   25% rewards coup won't work on this deal. Rebate is for online purchases only. While in-store kiosk purchase = online, the register will reject the 25% coup because that's in-store only. You'd have to get a willing manager to override for the 25% coup to work.

I don't see why the register would reject the 25% reward coupon. It's just a code to activate the reward. Whether you'll actually receive the 25% reward is a different issue.

c3 said:   labboypro said:   25% rewards coup won't work on this deal. Rebate is for online purchases only. While in-store kiosk purchase = online, the register will reject the 25% coup because that's in-store only. You'd have to get a willing manager to override for the 25% coup to work.

I don't see why the register would reject the 25% reward coupon. It's just a code to activate the reward. Whether you'll actually receive the 25% reward is a different issue.
The coupon will scan. Been posts to that effect on sd even when buying downloads via the kiosk. Something that wasn't possible in the past but works now. You get charged tax at the register whereas if your state does not tax downloads when done online you now pay the tax at the register. Maybe why they did not allow downloads to be ordered via the kiosk when paying at the register. Using the 25% rewards coupon on kiosk orders when paying at the register works in terms of getting the rewards. At least in the past it did. The question is will it work on online only items like the downloads. Not sure. It has worked on products sold in the store and online.

mathfaster said:   somepersonsomewhere said:   Is there any way to get a check instead of a Visa card for this rebate?You are always AFAIK given the option to get the rebate in check form when they say Visa rebate. Just look for the option to change the rebate to check form when you are submitting the rebate. You can also look at the bottom link to FORM when pulling up the rebate in the rebate center. It tells you what the forms of payment are available for a given rebate offer.

Unfortunately, not always. For example, the last couple of rebates on the 564121 matte photo paper haven't had any payment options other than prepaid Visa (at least not for me, does this vary?).

edavid said:   mathfaster said:   somepersonsomewhere said:   Is there any way to get a check instead of a Visa card for this rebate?You are always AFAIK given the option to get the rebate in check form when they say Visa rebate. Just look for the option to change the rebate to check form when you are submitting the rebate. You can also look at the bottom link to FORM when pulling up the rebate in the rebate center. It tells you what the forms of payment are available for a given rebate offer.

Unfortunately, not always. For example, the last couple of rebates on the 564121 matte photo paper haven't had any payment options other than prepaid Visa (at least not for me, does this vary?).
I had this issue on Sunday when I bought the photo paper. I could not get the system to give me the option for the check. Only a gift card. I bounced between the two at least 3 times and finally got it to give me the check option. Not exactly sure what I did to get that option. I think they have a bug in their system as the form clearly said Visa, check or gift card.

mathfaster said:   c3 said:   labboypro said:   25% rewards coup won't work on this deal. Rebate is for online purchases only. While in-store kiosk purchase = online, the register will reject the 25% coup because that's in-store only. You'd have to get a willing manager to override for the 25% coup to work.

The coupon will scan. Been posts to that effect on sd even when buying downloads via the kiosk. Something that wasn't possible in the past but works now. You get charged tax at the register whereas if your state does not tax downloads when done online you now pay the tax at the register. Maybe why they did not allow downloads to be ordered via the kiosk when paying at the register. Using the 25% rewards coupon on kiosk orders when paying at the register works in terms of getting the rewards. At least in the past it did. The question is will it work on online only items like the downloads. Not sure. It has worked on products sold in the store and online.

Poor wording on my part... yes, it will "scan." No (at least historically), it will not benefit you financially (ie, pay out rewards). My comment above was based on past experiences. I have NOT tried this for the current coupon, so I may be completely wrong.

Back in stock after the 2 day grace period for the 15% coupon has passed. Maybe we'll have another one tomorrow since the 25% Rewards is only thru today. Or is today the end of Staples quarter?

billrubin said:   Back in stock after the 2 day grace period for the 15% coupon has passed. Maybe we'll have another one tomorrow since the 25% Rewards is only thru today. Or is today the end of Staples quarter?Be quick only 30 in stock as this is written.

billrubin said:   Back in stock after the 2 day grace period for the 15% coupon has passed. Maybe we'll have another one tomorrow since the 25% Rewards is only thru today. Or is today the end of Staples quarter?Quarter ends on Saturday.

mathfaster said:   billrubin said:   Back in stock after the 2 day grace period for the 15% coupon has passed. Maybe we'll have another one tomorrow since the 25% Rewards is only thru today. Or is today the end of Staples quarter?Be quick only 30 in stock as this is written.OOS now.

mathfaster said:   mathfaster said:   billrubin said:   Back in stock after the 2 day grace period for the 15% coupon has passed. Maybe we'll have another one tomorrow since the 25% Rewards is only thru today. Or is today the end of Staples quarter?Be quick only 30 in stock as this is written.OOS now.

ordered 4 download ones and got rid of the rewards

15% next time

I purchased 10 download versions at the kiosk, paid at register used 25% back in rewards and 20% software coupon(required manager override). But the manager at my local Staples is great!!! Paid 200 plus tax. Get back $200 in rebates plus additional $50 for the 25% Cash Back. Should be about a $36 money maker, more if I sell on EB or CL.

ctslive said:   I purchased 10 download versions at the kiosk, paid at register used 25% back in rewards and 20% software coupon(required manager override). But the manager at my local Staples is great!!! Paid 200 plus tax. Get back $200 in rebates plus additional $50 for the 25% Cash Back. Should be about a $36 money maker, more if I sell on EB or CL.I thought the general concensus was that you won't get the Rewards bonus on a kiosk order?

billrubin said:   ctslive said:   I purchased 10 download versions at the kiosk, paid at register used 25% back in rewards and 20% software coupon(required manager override). But the manager at my local Staples is great!!! Paid 200 plus tax. Get back $200 in rebates plus additional $50 for the 25% Cash Back. Should be about a $36 money maker, more if I sell on EB or CL.I thought the general concensus was that you won't get the Rewards bonus on a kiosk order?No, it worked in September and Jan of last year. What no one can verify yet is if it works on online only items like the DL software.

ETA: The store manager told me today that Staples' fiscal year ends 2/2/13 and not 1/26/13 as I thought. Also, the mobile app coupons expire the same date. Makes sense.

New coupon, but it's OOS .

I put a few downloads in my cart (home PC) but decided not to get them since my Rewards check is $80 and I couldn't use gc to pay the balance.

ctslive said:   I purchased 10 download versions at the kiosk, paid at register used 25% back in rewards and 20% software coupon(required manager override). But the manager at my local Staples is great!!! Paid 200 plus tax. Get back $200 in rebates plus additional $50 for the 25% Cash Back. Should be about a $36 money maker, more if I sell on EB or CL.

Didn't someone say we cannot purchase downloads at the kiosk. I thought the same aswell. Great. I was in store on 24th and also had 20% off software coupon (holding the coupon for some deal to pop up), would had jumped on this deal had I know about downloads purchase via Kiosk.

MysteriousGirl said:   Didn't someone say we cannot purchase downloads at the kiosk. I thought the same aswell. Great. I was in store on 24th and also had 20% off software coupon (holding the coupon for some deal to pop up), would had jumped on this deal had I know about downloads purchase via Kiosk. I reported a few days ago that I had found the downloads on the kiosk but the 15% off coupon did not work.

TM downloads were not an option at kiosk yesterday but maybe because oos. Hard copy wasn't listed either.
Saw McAfee downloads but didn't try to buy them.

Not sure why this is in Expired but just back from store.
Ordered 4 downloads at the kiosk and paid at the register.
Sales associate had to do the transaction at their machine since kiosk printer is out of order. He had trouble getting the "pay in store" option but finally made it happen.
When I got to register the 15% off coupon didn't take 15% off the software.
Manager over-rode whatever the issue was and I got $15 off my order.
Paid w/ $80 Rewards and balance on gc. Received order confirmation email. Now to do the rebate dance since there's no UPC to submit.

rebate not valid-- missing UPC (downloads). 5 min chat. Rebate valid and check will be mailed in the next 15 days. I haven't been buying downloads so I didn't know rebates for them were issued so quickly vs. the 4-6 wks for boxed versions.

my4mainecoons said:   rebate not valid-- missing UPC (downloads). 5 min chat. Rebate valid and check will be mailed in the next 15 days. I haven't been buying downloads so I didn't know rebates for them were issued so quickly vs. the 4-6 wks for boxed versions.

From my experience it's less of a matter that the rebate is/was issued quickly, I think it's more like if the rebate was "invalid," maybe once validated(?) the check gets cut in 2-3 weeks.

(maybe a shortcut to getting rebate check...it's just a hassle to find out that the rebate was "missing upc" when it's a download...at least the check's being sent ASAP )

VivYip said:   my4mainecoons said:   rebate not valid-- missing UPC (downloads). 5 min chat. Rebate valid and check will be mailed in the next 15 days. I haven't been buying downloads so I didn't know rebates for them were issued so quickly vs. the 4-6 wks for boxed versions.

From my experience it's less of a matter that the rebate is/was issued quickly, I think it's more like if the rebate was "invalid," maybe once validated(?) the check gets cut in 2-3 weeks.

(maybe a shortcut to getting rebate check...it's just a hassle to find out that the rebate was "missing upc" when it's a download...at least the check's being sent ASAP )

If they want to encourage folks to buy downloads instead of boxed copies this is the way to do it.
From Rewards check to bank check all in the same month. Now that was easy.

my4mainecoons said:   rebate not valid-- missing UPC (downloads). 5 min chat. Rebate valid and check will be mailed in the next 15 days. I haven't been buying downloads so I didn't know rebates for them were issued so quickly vs. the 4-6 wks for boxed versions.

Don't hold your breath. That's just a standard reply that the CSR tells everyone.

i guess i ll see if I have to do it too

just got a snail mail that my download order is not valid for rebate, missing upc

wtf, i submitted easy rebate and the system accepted it online

after so many days

i thought by this time they d fix it

edit: chat with Staples rewards center
i ll get 80$ card in 15 days

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.