• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Jakks Pacific Ultra Night Vision Goggles
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

To clarify - this is by JAKKS Pacific and is a toy for kids. The "50 foot range" is total BS as it only has a couple of IR led's to illuminate things. They are fun for kids, but serve no purpose other than "toy".

Do you speak from experience, or just regurgitating info from the description? I read a review by a guy that was "of the grid" as far as power up in the mountains of California and while he did say these are toys, they will do in a pinch or definitely for play!

lemonhead said:   Do you speak from experience, or just regurgitating info from the description? I read a review by a guy that was "of the grid" as far as power up in the mountains of California and while he did say these are toys, they will do in a pinch or definitely for play!

Can you include link to this review please?

lemonhead said:   Do you speak from experience, or just regurgitating info from the description? I read a review by a guy that was "of the grid" as far as power up in the mountains of California and while he did say these are toys, they will do in a pinch or definitely for play!

I have one here at home for my daughter, so yes I speak from experience.

The "review" you linked to isn't even for the same product. First of all, that blog is from 2009, and these new Jakks Pacific ones were released in 2012. Secondly, if you look at the photo, you'll see it is an entirely different product.

So yes, my "review" stands - these things are a poor toy that will entertain a kid, but are not useful for anything other than that. These new ones have a 320x240 display inside, and a very poor camera - there is no way in hell anyone could use these for professional use.

I will concede to your first hand review mostly because I don't have them to "play with"
However, no one ever used the term professional use for this toy, and in defense of my link, the product referenced (spynet) is manufactured by jakks pacific and I don't know of too many companies that make their products worse as technology improves and becomes cheaper, so that guyss review is just as valuable as yours despite it being on an older model of the same product.

lemonhead said:   I will concede to your first hand review mostly because I don't have them to "play with"
However, no one ever used the term professional use for this toy, and in defense of my link, the product referenced (spynet) is manufactured by jakks pacific and I don't know of too many companies that make their products worse as technology improves and becomes cheaper, so that guyss review is just as valuable as yours despite it being on an older model of the same product.

You don't know of companies that make their products worse as things become cheaper? Did you just walk into the consumer world yesterday? A review on a completely different item is 100% useless, sorry.

lemonhead said:   I will concede to your first hand review mostly because I don't have them to "play with"

I remember our family's first vcr. It was a great machine in a very heavy metal housing. Anything after that was made out of plastic and inferior in every way, with the exception of a full set of RCA jacks. Technology may get "better" but doesn't mean a manufacturer will use it to make a better product, unless of course it saves them money or their is actual demand for the new tech. I doubt the kids this was designed for, will figure out if it is better or worse than previous versions.

Donald Gennaro: [Tim pops up wearing a pair of night vision goggles] Hey, where'd you find that?
Tim: In a box under my seat.
Donald Gennaro: Are they heavy?
Tim: Yeah.
Donald Gennaro: Then they're expensive, put 'em back.

Sorry, first thing that came to mind...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014