• 123 4 512
  • Page
  • Text Only
worked for Amazon Gift Cards, as i just bought 4 x $50 Amazon gift cards for $100!!!

the guy tried like hell to make it work for the best buy gift cards, but wasnt able to get it to work no matter what he tried.

Just came back from my store and had was helped by an awesome cashier. The bottom line is the register won't ring up any gift cards alone with this coupon UNLESS there is a manager override or add in a $100 or more filler item, then return it. Here's how she scanned the cards - proof that it will not do the gift cards.

Scenario 1 - Scan coupon, scan $50 Amazon card, scan $50 Amazon gift card, hit total. Price is $100.
Scenario 2 - Scan $50 Amazon card, scan $50 Amazon gift card, scan coupon, hit total. Price is $100.
Scenario 3 - Scan coupon, scan $50 Best Buy gift card, scan $50 Best Buy gift card, hit total. Price is $100.
Scenario 4 - Scan $50 Best Buy gift card, scan $50 Best Buy gift card, scan coupon, hit total. Price is $100.

Won't work unless you get a manager override or buy a $100 or more filler item (that's not excluded in the terms, then return that item

jnheinz said:   zaksdad said:   Coupon worked great. Just picked up a Kindle Paperwhite for $69.

What type of MasterCard did you use?

Used my banks debit card as a MC.

rydjohnson said:   Just came back from my store and had was helped by an awesome cashier. The bottom line is the register won't ring up any gift cards alone with this coupon UNLESS there is a manager override or add in a $100 or more filler item, then return it. Here's how she scanned the cards - proof that it will not do the gift cards.

Scenario 1 - Scan coupon, scan $50 Amazon card, scan $50 Amazon gift card, hit total. Price is $100.
Scenario 2 - Scan $50 Amazon card, scan $50 Amazon gift card, scan coupon, hit total. Price is $100.
Scenario 3 - Scan coupon, scan $50 Best Buy gift card, scan $50 Best Buy gift card, hit total. Price is $100.
Scenario 4 - Scan $50 Best Buy gift card, scan $50 Best Buy gift card, scan coupon, hit total. Price is $100.

Won't work unless you get a manager override or buy a $100 or more filler item (that's not excluded in the terms, then return that item

Did you specifically try a return? Did the return not prompt to deduct the $50 off from the final refund without another manager override?

Went to 2 bestbuys, first would not do it on the Amazon giftcards (claimed it was money laundering) but rang up no problem on a Ipad mini cover and a bunch of ink cartridges for my printer (no override necessary). Second bestbuy customer rep rang up 4- $25 kindle giftcards and had a manager do an override. Used a regular mastercard, not BB. It appeared the second bestbuy had to override every purchase, there were 3 other folks with the same coupon on line buying other items and the manager had to override all.

asuka said:   
Did you specifically try a return? Did the return not prompt to deduct the $50 off from the final refund without another manager override?

I did not try a return. But another member "roemer21" bought some Beats headphones (his post is on bottom of page 3) and did it that way

Point them to their twitter where they are saying the coupon is valid on products. However, it is not valid on gift cards.
https://twitter.com/BestBuySupport/with_replies

hadn't seen this asked yet (and the searching the sd thread was inconclusive), has anyone been able to stack this with the upgrade & save bluray coupons? thanks!

Since it does exclude no-contract phones, I tried to buy BBY gift cards - and they did not allow them. (Framingham, MA)

No problem whatsoever for me. Picked up a 2GB WD Caviar Black drive for about $22, or a total savings of $171 ($50 from this thread's MC deal plus $115 in Trade In gift cards that I patiently obtained this past week.)

Fantastic deal. OP repped.

Just went to BestBuy in Winston-Salem and was given a terrible run-around when trying to use the coupon. Managers were running around like crazy and one told me that the coupon was a fake. They wouldn't honor the coupon for Amazon gift card purchase. Coupon would not scan but could be entered manually. Would have much rather had the Amazon cards, though. I told them I received it in an email and that it seemed legit to me. Finally, they did let me purchase a Harmony Remote and TurboTax Deluxe and they had to use a manager override to get me the $50.

I used the coupon in NY without an override. It would not word on Amazon giftcards, and a manager explained that he could not override it. I did buy a TiVo Stream ($129 before coupon) and the coupon did come off automatically without a need for any sort of override. The cashier confirmed I was using a MC. He said that people were in all day trying to buy giftcards and they were not going through.

Anybody know if they are considering an Apple TV as a "set-top box?"

I just used two of these with my Paypal MC to purchase 2 Jawbone Up's (didn't try the gift card), only problem was that we had to process as two separate transactions which is not a problem really, just a heads up. No override was required, the cashier said that people have been using this coupon all day.

respdoc said:   carolspaziano said:    got a $10 gift card for HR Block buying tax program which was already on sale (worked no problem) they did a quick over ride

That statement makes no sense.

I think the poster was referring to an earlier post in this thread where the OP (mbarry55) had difficulty applying the discount to an item that had a giftcard with it, to wit:

"Tried to buy a 69.99 iPad keyboard and a 49.99 Microsoft keyboard. Checked out and no go at first. The iPad keyboard came with a $20 best buy gift card(which I did not even know) and they thought thats what was holding it up. The guy called over a manager and she spent around 20 minutes on the phone with someone much higher up, who said they could give me the 50 off but this coupon was not supposed to work on anything with a special offer(free GC), and it was supposed to be on one item, which it clearly does not say. It also isn't supposed to work on gift cards so I guess that will be a huge YMMV depending on who you deal with."

Either way I walked out with an iPad keyboard, a new PC keyboard, and a $20 Best buy card for $74. I did pay with my BB MC so I can't say whether another one would have worked or not.

I just went to my best buy and I was told that the coupon will not work for any gift cards. This is in Dallas, TX

roemer21 said:   

Note the managers name I worked with was *****i. She may or may not work out the same deal for you, just letting you all know who I worked with if you're in my area.

Cheers!

Hope she doesn't get into trouble for helping you out this way.

ptpt said:   No problem whatsoever for me. Picked up a 2GB WD Caviar Black drive for about $22, or a total savings of $171 ($50 from this thread's MC deal plus $115 in Trade In gift cards that I patiently obtained this past week.)

Fantastic deal. OP repped.
How is using Trade-in gift cards = savings?? That's just another form of payment you could have used on anything, isn't it? Like saying you got something for free because you put it on your credit card instead... payment is payment, whether you use cash, credit, or gift cards.

Can I purchase an iPhone w/ this?

It is not fake, the manager i dealt with talked to higher ups who were aware of it, though with this being posted there they may shut it down for good.

Thanks so much! I am headed to the Chesterfield location shortly!

got 5 lightning cables and a pack of gum for $55. thanks OP

shawnshiff said:   possibly fake: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Holiday-Shopping-Support/50-Off-100...I think it has been well established that this is not a fake coupon. The link you posted is just someone asking a question, without an answer it doesn't add anything to the conversation.

Someone posted twitter feedback from BB. That is probably the best resource as of right now- they reporting that it is legit. Also, I think the gift card deal was early on when they were allowing that. Now should just work on $100 purchases. YMMV

Got gift cards from West Nashville BB at 11:00 AM. Cashier said it was the first use of the coupon. Two guys behind me both bought 3DS's. Manager looked at fine print, said good to go and told the cashier to do a mfg coupon as the register wouldn't take it. It wouldn't take it for the 2 guys following me either.

I was able to get a Whirlpool range microwave for $111.99 after the $50 rebate. Originally $269, discounted nearly $100 already.

A friend was with me at the time and tried to get 2x $50 Amazon GC, that was a no-go.

Also tried to buy a $99.99 vacuum and a $1 Mentos, but that required manager override. Presumably because the vacuum was just short of $100, even though the Mentos topped it off.

Oh and he was not happy that I had two printed coupons. Was also going to buy a $99 TiVo, but wasn't going to push my luck. May try at another BB store later today.

Popped a Nest thermostat with the coupon. Was allowed to use BB gift cards for part of the purchase. Just had to put at least $100 on the MC. Thanks!

It worked for us....no manager override or anything, Just a comment from teh cashier about how many she's seen today. Didn't try for gcs or anything though

pthor1231 said:   Buying a couple is a bit different than buying 50+

It's true, Bestbuy doesn't mind if 10,000 people rip them off for a couple items but they really mind if only a few hundred rip them off for more than a couple items.

While I was not allowed to use the coupon for them, the Amazon gift cards were by the Kindles in the Best Buy in St. Louis Missouri.
I was also shut out trying to buy lightning cables, although my nephew was able to get lightning cables in the Springfield Missouri store. I pointed out that the coupon said it could not be used on Apple iPods but it didn't say anything about other Apple products. I was still denied. My nephew pointed out the exact same thing to the manager at the store he went to, and he was allowed to use the coupon. Oh well.

I got shot down on the kindle gift cards.
Did get printer cartridges.
With regard to the add an expensive purchase + GC and return. My receipt shows that it took the $50 off proportionally from each item.

madcowdisease said:   Anybody know if they are considering an Apple TV as a "set-top box?"
Got 3, get a blu ray and them have them PM Amazon. Came to like $165 for 3 Apple TVs and 3 Blu Rays.

didnt work on GC but work on external harddrive, finished with 1tb WD my passport + 1 cherry lipsticks for 56$
By the way, i used a MAstercard giftcard.

Purchased $1000 worth of Kindle GCs before being shut down per the verbiage "no copies".

I'm exhausted. 45 minute fight with the Best Buy manager. Manager said it is not his call whether or not to accept the coupon for GC purchase / Corporate said it's up to the store manager.

c'mon, play nice. Don't get the coupon shut down altogether.

Tried to buy 2 Nikon Camera Batteries. No go. No GCs either. Simi Valley, SoCal

This is great! I am in the market for a new microwave and LCD monitor. I used the coupon on both of these items, saving me $100 in total.

ShaneM said:   Purchased $1000 worth of Kindle GCs before being shut down per the verbiage "no copies".

So you didn't "purchase" any..since you would have to have used a copy after the first $100.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014