• 14 5 67812
  • Page
  • Text Only
thephilosophizer said:   c'mon, play nice. Don't get the coupon shut down altogether.

You're right. Only reason I got sooooo angry was because he was nasty with me right from the start because of the coupon (apparently they've had all kinds of register problems with it).
I drove 45 minutes in the pouring rain and he was immediately nasty and told me contact Mastercard when the coupon clearly states it is not a MC promo. Then he lied again and said corporate won't allow it.
Of course my phone call to corporate said it is up to store manager.
Hate liars.... he should have just given me the credit rather than lose a customer for $50 bucks. Going to a different Best Buy store from now on.

respdoc said:   ShaneM said:   Purchased $1000 worth of Kindle GCs before being shut down per the verbiage "no copies".

So you didn't "purchase" any..since you would have to have used a copy after the first $100.
huh?

hazardsyd said:   I was able to get a Whirlpool range microwave for $111.99 after the $50 rebate. Originally $269, discounted nearly $100 already.

A friend was with me at the time and tried to get 2x $50 Amazon GC, that was a no-go.

Also tried to buy a $99.99 vacuum and a $1 Mentos, but that required manager override. Presumably because the vacuum was just short of $100, even though the Mentos topped it off.

Oh and he was not happy that I had two printed coupons. Was also going to buy a $99 TiVo, but wasn't going to push my luck. May try at another BB store later today.

Was the microwave in stock? I just ordered that same one online yesterday and I want to cancel that order if I can use this in store, but no BB near me have it in stock...Can you order from the B&M and will they honor it still?

I went and use it today. Cashier scan the coupon but it doesn't work. Took them 2 managers to finally get it to work. Another customer has the same coupon and was gonna get Amazon kindle gift cards. Manager said not for gift cards.

Forget to thank the OP. But I already give him green. This is in South Carolina

ShaneM said:   respdoc said:   ShaneM said:   Purchased $1000 worth of Kindle GCs before being shut down per the verbiage "no copies".

So you didn't "purchase" any..since you would have to have used a copy after the first $100.
huh?

You said you got shot down for the verbiage "no copies". Since there is no "$1000" Kindle GC that BB carries...you would have had to use multiple $50 off of $100 coupons (and multiple Kindle GC's) to get to that amount.

respdoc said:   ShaneM said:   Purchased $1000 worth of Kindle GCs before being shut down per the verbiage "no copies".

Or he used 10 coupons, and after that they noticed that it said no copies.

roemer21 said:   Alright, I was able to get out of my Best Buy in Chesterfield, MO while paying $45.86 for $100.00 in Amazon Kindle Gift Cards. Note, this is an extreme YMMV.

I have attached links to receipts below, but I talked with a manager and she said she couldn't override the gift cards at the counter. She then hinted at, we could buy other merchandise and do a return. I said, let's do it. Note, I was VERY kind and patient. The customer before me tried to do a visa gift card and was shut down. He said he didn't have time to pursue an ordeal with a manager, but I did.

I then grabbed the closest item I could, not knowing if qualified or not. I grabbed the beats studio over ear headphones, which were on sale. The coupon was found, but didn't apply to my purchase. We then added on the two $50 Amazon kindle GC's, and my total came out to $370.74. After talking about it with the manager, she said no problem they'd just do a manual override in the returns. So, we walked over to do the return.

I paid $249.99 for the beats, and they credited me back $299.99. The extra $50 they applied to the beats, when tax is added, comes out to the difference of $4.14 in tax where I am. Hence, I only paid $45.86.

I paid: $370.74 Receipt LINK
I was refunded: $324.88 Receipt LINK

Notice, I put the two kindle gift cards in the picture as well to show what I received. I've already applied my $100 in gift cards to my account, and they went through fine. Overall, YMMV big time on this one but I just wanted to share my story and how I came out ahead. Nearly $55 to Amazon for free, yes please and thank you BB.

Note the managers name I worked with was Traci. She may or may not work out the same deal for you, just letting you all know who I worked with if you're in my area.

Cheers!

Great way to get the BB Manager that helped you in trouble. Congrats.

Used the $50 off $100 plus 10% open box and $15 Reward Zone coupons with no problem on marked down item. They did have to have to get manager override but made it sound routine. Used non-BB Mastercard. Thanks OP - got $299 sound bar for $125 plus tax.

Used the coupon no problem on Toshiba 3TB external drive. No manager required!

tiedinribbons said:   russ0519 said:   Went to 5th ave store in new york, the coupon wouldn't go through (I bought some games). They manually overrode it for me after manager approval.

The lady next to me tried to clean out their Amazon GCs. She got turned down saying that no copies are allowed, and gift cards are not allowed because it says no cash value.

BS of course, on the other hand the coupon wasn't going through. It would show up, but not take anything off.

Supposedly it's $50 off one item over $100.

The lady who tried to "clean out their Amazon GCs" should be tarred and feathered, stupid ass gives the rest of us a bad name.

HaHaHa..funny! She tried to get lucky as all of us do.

russ0519 said:   respdoc said:   ShaneM said:   Purchased $1000 worth of Kindle GCs before being shut down per the verbiage "no copies".

Or he used 10 coupons, and after that they noticed that it said no copies.
Yes, sorry if that wasn't clear. I've had way too much caffeine today.

Lkihunh said:   
Was the microwave in stock? I just ordered that same one online yesterday and I want to cancel that order if I can use this in store, but no BB near me have it in stock...Can you order from the B&M and will they honor it still?

No, it was not in stock. If you see it in store on display, cancel your online order and buy it in store. They'll order it for you, since it's a B&M item (not exclusive to the com site).
And no manager hassles either, since it's over $100 already. Worked like a charm with the floor staff!

impasse said:   hadn't seen this asked yet (and the searching the sd thread was inconclusive), has anyone been able to stack this with the upgrade & save bluray coupons? thanks!

Hey I just did stack it. I have 10 coupons and got 10 blu-rays. Needs manager override.

hazardsyd said:   Lkihunh said:   

No, it was not in stock. If you see it in store on display, cancel your online order and buy it in store. They'll order it for you, since it's a B&M item (not exclusive to the com site).
And no manager hassles either, since it's over $100 already. Worked like a charm with the floor staff!

Awesome, thank you!

After reading some post, why don't you just buy 4-6 $100 BB gift cards using a Mastercard and get a Lappy or Desktop (I know they are over priced) for 50% off, or ANYTHING in the store? Just a thought and according to the terms, it should work!

Just used this to purchase a Panasonic Blu-ray player. The coupon wouldn't scan, but the cashier entered the code and pressed enter. No discount. Manager was called, he said scan the coupon (still didn't scan) then enter the code THEN hit some key on the keyboard to total out or take it to the next screen and the coupon did take the money off. Not sure what that key entry was, but I did notice the cashier didn't have to enter 50 or any other reasoning, etc. just the one key.

Customer at the next register was using the same coupon, didn't speak english, and the cashier was making him think that he was being fraudulent with his transaction. Felt bad for the guy.

Got the Kindle Paperwhite for $69. Coupon originally was shot down as being "excluded" but when I mentioned that I didn't see that on the long list of exclusions, after about 15 minutes of waiting for a manager to come by and over-ride it, finally got it.

I used a Mastercard BANK DEBIT CARD, so it apparently doesn't have to be a Mastercard credit card.

Please note that I think Best Buy Corporate is asking managers for detailed information on using this coupon - manager had to type in quite a lot of stuff before the over-ride registered.

I heard the manager explain to a different customer that the coupon would not be allowed to be used on Gift Cards - so that apparently is YMMV. I was pleased to get out of there with my item. Just be aware - BE NICE to the cashier! Things should go a lot easier if you're not a jerk about it. Also, just out of fairness, don't try to use the same coupon three, four, twenty times in the same visit.

apple tv here i come

maxfleischer said:   Pizzero said:   confirm please !! Fake or Real Coupon..

The coupon has been confirmed as real, but apparently the store is disallowing it for anyone who uses a roll of toilet paper as their avatar on any deal site. Go figure.

But that's not fair!!!

wallacemag said:   Used the $50 off $100 plus 10% open box and $15 Reward Zone coupons with no problem on marked down item. They did have to have to get manager override but made it sound routine. Used non-BB Mastercard. Thanks OP - got $299 sound bar for $125 plus tax.

I used it successfully to buy an open box Apple Time Machine 2 TB for $225 after coupon. However, it would not combine with the 10% off open box coupon as mentioned in your post. Was handed the 10% off coupon upon entering the store. Did not push the issue. Will try for an Apple TV at a different store this afternoon.

I don't think Apple TV will work as they'll classify it as a "set top box" but we'll see.

I just got back from BB and was able to purchase 2 $50 Amazon Kindle gift cards.

The wife just tried after work and manager suggested a memo from corporate just came through and GC's are NOT allowed. YMMV.

BB could easily stop the gift card problems by removing them off the shelf. They can't sell a Amazon gift card if there isn't one available. BB has shown incredible stupidity on multiple levels.

fatwallet21 said:   Limiting to BB MC only would make a lot of sense as a business.... please change the title to BB MC only as using other MC would make BB pay that 2% or whatever fee to the bank... let the B&M stores extend their life...they already on ventilator, thanks to being termed as "Amazon's showroom"

Seriously?? Are a BB troll?? What is this corporate welfare?? Why don't we give BB bailout money? Boo hoo hoo.

I was able to use this coupon at three different stores, but I also was up early out here on the east coast. Grabbed 4x$25 Kindle gift cards at store one, and a Kindle Paperwhite at stores #2 and #3. Fantastic deal!

Got a PNY GeForce GTX650 for $59.95. No problems with the coupon.

FYI, when they ring the coupon up as "general discount", which is what they did with me both times, you can use any form of payment you want.

Cash+ you are my hero!

Edit: OP you are my hero, too!

I jjsut got 4 Amazon kindle $25 gift cards ($100 worth) for 50 bucks.. will try another best buy to try to stock up

Bought a 2-pack of sonicare toothbrushes, which I was going to buy anyway. Regular, non-sale price of $115. Coupon scanned correctly, I stacked with a manufacturers coupon, and used a regular mastercard. Out the door for $55 plus tax. No problems or hassles.

Great deal! It worked for me. My son's bday is approaching so I stocked up on Skylanders. Used the promo twice!

just read through all the thread, so is it when one item over $100 is purchased, no over-ride is required, when multiple items that add up to $100, an over-ride is required?

Excellent. I scored one AMD Radeon HD 6670 2GB got %59.99 out the door.

Just bought a PS3 game a PS3 DVD remote and a PSVita memory card for $60

bought the Klipsh One II headphones, was $150 on sale $120 - $50 = $70... Thanks OP!

I was able to use it on a $99 Apple TV without any issue whatsoever (had to add something small to get the order over $100 though). Nice!

RiceBOX said:   apple tv here i come

Thats the only thing I could think of buying at $100 at the moment also but im sure it wont work since its a set top box

bindercarrie said:   Bought a 2-pack of sonicare toothbrushes, which I was going to buy anyway. Regular, non-sale price of $115. Coupon scanned correctly, I stacked with a manufacturers coupon, and used a regular mastercard. Out the door for $55 plus tax. No problems or hassles.

If the cashier/manager will not let you buy giftcards, its because you have bad breath and/or are being rude. You should try coming in with a toothy grin and brushing your teeth first. This man who bought a toothbrush clearly knows how things work.

I did two transactions. I went to the BB on east colonial drive in Orlando. They were really nice. They said people were there in the am and they were scrambling.
The first was for an A/C adapter for my macbook air and a vga to minidisplayport. They messed up my plan as they had one on clearance. I bought a few other things to get over $100. The mgr had to override.

The second was for an Apple TV. The ATV rang up at $99.99. I bought a pen and got it over $100. The manager just overrode it as is.

thanks for the link.

Jasonlaser said:   I did two transactions. I went to the BB on east colonial drive in Orlando. They were really nice. They said people were there in the am and they were scrambling.
The first was for an A/C adapter for my macbook air and a vga to minidisplayport. They messed up my plan as they had one on clearance. I bought a few other things to get over $100. The mgr had to override.

The second was for an Apple TV. The ATV rang up at $99.99. I bought a pen and got it over $100. The manager just overrode it as is.

thanks for the link.

When did you go? I was thinking about getting a few gift cards along with another item over $100. I read earlier where a manager suggested that to someone and then they returned the item. A way to get it to work with thr gc.

I was able to get an Apple TV3. The coupon scanned. However, the 50.00 did not come off. The manager at my local best buy manually credited my card for $50.00. after reading the fine print. Awesome deal!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014