• 1 2 34512
  • Page
  • Text Only
How can BB tell if you actually received the email or just copied it from online?

cnIsfg said:   sgtrazor said:   This is all over many deal sites and a quick search shows that someone at cheapassgamer posted that they received it via email.

Has anyone here received the email with the coupon link?

I received ths email and do not have any Best Buy credit card. The email is titled: Big savings - TODAY only + free shipping What is interesting is that the coupon has the same 400077240772 barcode as the $10 off $100 when using your Mastercard coupon Best Buy sent out on Friday to Gold and Platinum RZ members.

I am a platnium member, I got an email but not with anything about mastercard at the bottom of mine. Weird.

I don't see many exclusions. For example, I can buy hard drives, right? though buying HDDs looks like a stupid idea these days and Bestbuy's HDDs are overpriced anyway... How about SSDs? any good deal?

It seems like some people are getting the email with the mastercard promo and others are getting the email without the mastercard promo. Weird.

Someone asked if it was legit on Best Buy twitter.

here is the response

https://twitter.com/BestBuySupport/status/293364564807012352

How much profit does BB make from gift cards? 5 percent? This has the potential of bankrupting Best Buy. and it is perfectly legal.

I will be hitting all the local Best Buys this morning.

Do we need to use multiple credit cards when we use multiple coupons? If we use same credit card BB will know that this is same person and won't give $50 more than once.

mbarry55 said:   If I get there right at 10am, what do I say if they ask where I got this? Just say my email? I'd like to get my wife an iPad keyboard and this would be huge for that.

Sees like you could tell them that it's all over their twitter account now...

Has anybody used it yet ?

I smell another Worstbuy fiasco a cooking.

I hope its true but my gut is telling something else.

Will this work with iPads, the coupon restrictions say Apple iPods but nothing about MacBooks, iPads, or iPhones? Just wondering, $50 off an iPad would be real nice.

This will last as long as the 50 off 100 coupon deal that Home Depot had a few months ago.

It's 10am... Let the games begin.

Went to 5th ave store in new york, the coupon wouldn't go through (I bought some games). They manually overrode it for me after manager approval.

The lady next to me tried to clean out their Amazon GCs. She got turned down saying that no copies are allowed, and gift cards are not allowed because it says no cash value.

BS of course, on the other hand the coupon wasn't going through. It would show up, but not take anything off.

Supposedly it's $50 off one item over $100.

Monster Cable is not excluded

russ0519 said:   Went to 5th ave store in new york, the coupon wouldn't go through (I bought some games). They manually overrode it for me after manager approval.

The lady next to me tried to clean out their Amazon GCs. She got turned down saying that no copies are allowed, and gift cards are not allowed because it says no cash value.

BS of course, on the other hand the coupon wasn't going through. It would show up, but not take anything off.

We'll yes. Getting them to accept it on gift cards would be quite the miracle. No place that I know of allows generic coupons (not special offers) on gift card purchases...so I highly doubt BB would be a loss leader in that area.

I just tried Kindle GCs, Visa GCs, and BBY GCs at my local Best Buy. No dice. Oh well...

Was very nice to register person...gift cards were a no go.
Went out to car, put on a different outfit, went in, and was extremely beligerant to register person about using coupon on gift cards........also a no go.
I'm out of ideas.

Joe328 said:   Was very nice to register person...gift cards were a no go.
Went out to car, put on a different outfit, went in, and was extremely beligerant to register person about using coupon on gift cards........also a no go.
I'm out of ideas.

I like your style...

I got one in my email as well. UPC numbers match the one on here. Should be legit. Now if they shut the coupon down because of you all and I can't use my perfectly legal coupon on something I shouldn't be buying anyway, I'm n going to be mad at my FatWallet friends....

Scored one iPad and 8 $25 Kindle GCs. I was lucky to get a very nice CS Rep!

The coupon was taken out as manufacturers coupon during checkout... The manager asked the rep to total the purchase, hit F7, select manufacturers coupon, hit F7 again... TYVM BB!!

Edit: Forgot to thank the OP!!

jstokes1021 said:   I got one in my email as well. UPC numbers match the one on here. Should be legit. Now if they shut the coupon down because of you all and I can't use my perfectly legal coupon on something I shouldn't be buying anyway, I'm n going to be mad at my FatWallet friends....

Not to worry, none of your FW friends have been able to use the coupon, so you should be in the clear.

Did they knock off $50 for every $100 you spent or did you bring a couple of coupons to one register ?

brainguy said:   Scored one iPad and 8 $25 Kindle GCs. I was lucky to get a very nice CS Rep!

The coupon was taken out as manufacturers coupon during checkout... The manager asked the rep to total the purchase, hit F7, select manufacturers coupon, hit F7 again... TYVM BB!!

Have you used one coupon Or multiple coupons?

I don't want to try GC. But could someone post any deal that I can try BB during lunch time /

really wish I had my mastercard with me today...I never use it so I leave it home. Hopefully this is still working around 8pm but something tells me it won't be!

PhinTron said:   brainguy said:   Scored one iPad and 8 $25 Kindle GCs. I was lucky to get a very nice CS Rep!

Multiple -- I had 4 printouts with me... used 3 and didn't want to push my luck or spoil the chances for fellow FW'ers by using the 4th coupon.

When I presented the 3rd coupon, the rep asked how many more do you have which was a subtle hint to leave the premises!!

whiteking2003 said:    But could someone post any deal that I can try BB during lunch time /

How would anyone here know one of the dozens of products over $100 you would need ??

Try it yourself.

russ0519 said:   Went to 5th ave store in new york, the coupon wouldn't go through (I bought some games). They manually overrode it for me after manager approval.

I just tried it at 10:15am on a Dell E2311H monitor that is on sale for $129.99 and it did not work either so the assumption that it has to be a $50 off $100 single item is not true either. I had to get a manager override to get the deal. The manager scrutinized the terms for several minutes and was trying to argue that items on sale were not eligible for the offer but he could not find anything in the offer terms stating that were the case so he finally gave in and did an override. There were already 10 others trying unsuccessfully to use their coupons at the front registers. The coupon shows as 7724077 on my Best Buy receipt. I ended up paying $85 and change for the 23 Dell LCD. As I was leaving I heard someone at the CS desk shout across the radio to the manager in the computer dept. that the coupon requires the Best Buy MasterCard and not to do any additional overrides. I already paid so I left quickly. Bottom line this deal simply does not work automatically UNLESS you use a BB MasterCard. .

cnIsfg said:   russ0519 said:   Went to 5th ave store in new york, the coupon wouldn't go through (I bought some games). They manually overrode it for me after manager approval.

I just tried it at 10:15am on a Dell E2311H monitor that is on sale for $129.99 and it did not work either so the assumption that it has to be a $50 off $100 single item is not true either. I had to get a manager override to get the deal. The manager scrutinized the terms for several minutes and was trying to argue that items on sale were not eligible for the offer but he could not find anything in the offer terms stating that were the case so he finally gave in and did an override. There were already 10 others trying unsuccessfully to use their coupons at the front registers. The coupon shows as 7724077 on my Best Buy receipt. I ended up paying $85 and change for the 23 Dell LCD. As I was leaving I heard someone at the CS desk shout across the radio to the manager in the computer dept. that the coupon requires the Best Buy MasterCard and not to do any additional overrides. I already paid so I left quickly. Bottom line this deal simply does not work automatically UNLESS you use a BB MasterCard. .

It clearly says "ANY MASTERCARD"...

Going to try this later today but the coupon clearly states "And Pay with Any Mastercard"...

brainguy said:   PhinTron said:   brainguy said:   Scored one iPad and 8 $25 Kindle GCs. I was lucky to get a very nice CS Rep!

Multiple -- I had 4 printouts with me... used 3 and didn't want to push my luck or spoil the chances for fellow FW'ers by using the 4th coupon.

When I presented the 3rd coupon, the rep asked how many more do you have which was a subtle hint to leave the premises!!

So I assume , you had at least 2 trans ( 8 Kindle GCs ) which were exactly 100. Can you confirm?

Also did manager has override it OR he just instructed how to do it?

cnvrtble98 said:   cnIsfg said:   russ0519 said:   Went to 5th ave store in new york, the coupon wouldn't go through (I bought some games). They manually overrode it for me after manager approval.

It clearly says "ANY MASTERCARD"...

I agree 100% but convincing a BB manager otherwise if they are told or beleive different is another thing.

The lady who tried to "clean out their Amazon GCs" should be tarred and feathered, stupid ass gives the rest of us a bad name.

PhinTron said:   brainguy said:   PhinTron said:   brainguy said:   Scored one iPad and 8 $25 Kindle GCs. I was lucky to get a very nice CS Rep!

So I assume , you had at least 2 trans ( 8 Kindle GCs ) which were exactly 100. Can you confirm?

Also did manager has override it OR he just instructed how to do it?

Yes to #1.

Manager instructed for the first transaction which the CSR repeated for the next 2 (no manager override was needed for any of the 3 transactions)...

lillazyfats81 said:   Just to confirm, Kindle gift cards are the same as standard Amazon gift cards, yes?

Yes this is true. I bought $100 worth yesterday for the $50 off of $100 Halo/AMEX promotion.

The gift card is Amazon Kindle and it also says you can use it over 1 million items on Amazon.

tiedinribbons said:   russ0519 said:   Went to 5th ave store in new york, the coupon wouldn't go through (I bought some games). They manually overrode it for me after manager approval.

The lady who tried to "clean out their Amazon GCs" should be tarred and feathered, stupid ass gives the rest of us a bad name.

And the guy above that used 3 coupons at the same store/register doesn't?

Limiting to BB MC only would make a lot of sense as a business.... please change the title to BB MC only as using other MC would make BB pay that 2% or whatever fee to the bank... let the B&M stores extend their life...they already on ventilator, thanks to being termed as "Amazon's showroom"

I get their "daily deals" emails and I got this offer email this morning. I assumed it was tied to that.

Buying a couple is a bit different than buying 50+

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014