• 12 3 4512
  • Page
  • Text Only
Man it is one of those times where you see a great coupon and have nothing you need to buy at bestbuy...even Amazon cards since they charge tax (though still useful for other sellers).

fatwallet21 said:   Limiting to BB MC only would make a lot of sense as a business.... please change the title to BB MC only as using other MC would make BB pay that 2% or whatever fee to the bank... let the B&M stores extend their life...they already on ventilator, thanks to being termed as "Amazon's showroom"

"WITH ANY MASTERCARD"... not specific to BB MC...

fatwallet21 said:   Limiting to BB MC only would make a lot of sense as a business.... please change the title to BB MC only as using other MC would make BB pay that 2% or whatever fee to the bank... let the B&M stores extend their life...they already on ventilator, thanks to being termed as "Amazon's showroom"

It does say "any Mastercard" and does seem to work on more than just the BB MC. The only silly part of the title is about giftcards...since every reported transaction with these have required some sort of manager override/intervention....meaning the coupon was not meant for them.

I just came back. The coupon appears in their system but does not work on gift cards. it might work on something else but nothing that interested me.

Ok just got home from Best buy so here's my story.

Tried to buy a 69.99 iPad keyboard and a 49.99 Microsoft keyboard. Checked out and no go at first. The iPad keyboard came with a $20 best buy gift card(which I did not even know) and they thought thats what was holding it up. The guy called over a manager and she spent around 20 minutes on the phone with someone much higher up, who said they could give me the 50 off but this coupon was not supposed to work on anything with a special offer(free GC), and it was supposed to be on one item, which it clearly does not say. It also isn't supposed to work on gift cards so I guess that will be a huge YMMV depending on who you deal with.

Either way I walked out with an iPad keyboard, a new PC keyboard, and a $20 Best buy card for $74. I did pay with my BB MC so I can't say whether another one would have worked or not.

respdoc said:   fatwallet21 said:   Limiting to BB MC only would make a lot of sense as a business.... please change the title to BB MC only as using other MC would make BB pay that 2% or whatever fee to the bank... let the B&M stores extend their life...they already on ventilator, thanks to being termed as "Amazon's showroom"

It does say "any Mastercard" and does seem to work on more than just the BB MC. The only silly part of the title is about giftcards...since every reported transaction with these have required some sort of manager override/intervention....meaning the coupon was not meant for them.

There is only one post of success and that was because the manager told the cashier to ring it up as a mfg coupon which the offer cleary states it is not a MasterCard sponsored offer. Bottom line this deal does NOT work with any MasterCard without management intervention.

I'm going to try for Amazon GC at lunch. Even at $50 off a $100, I still would be hard pressed to find something in the non-excluded list at BB...so overpriced....Thanks for the post though!

aww dam, dont have any MC
good stuff tho OP. Repped

cnIsfg said:   

There is only one post of success and that was because the manager told the cashier to ring it up as a mfg coupon which the offer cleary states it is not a MasterCard sponsored offer. Bottom line this deal does NOT work with any MasterCard without management intervention.

Yes..many posts on the other site...using other MC's. The problem is: 1) some items that may be tied to excluded items that are ringing up invalid, 2) obviously gift cards.

Time to clean out the coca cola in their fridges?

respdoc said:   cnIsfg said:   

Yes..many posts on the other site...using other MC's. The problem is: 1) some items that may be tied to excluded items that are ringing up invalid, 2) obviously gift cards.

If you are referring to SD the results there seem to be the same as here. No one as of this reply has posted success using this coupon without an override of some sort. The last hour or so that thread over there e has gone way off topic so it is hard to sift through those posting their actual results. As with any Best Buy deal even with a legit coupon it is a YMMV

ehua999 said:   Time to clean out the coca cola in their fridges?

you just made me spit my drink all over my monitor...thanks

cnIsfg said:   

If you are referring to SD the results there seem to be the same as here. No one as of this reply has posted success using this coupon without an override of some sort. The last hour or so that thread over there e has gone way off topic so it is hard to sift through those posting their actual results. As with any Best Buy deal even with a legit coupon it is a YMMV

Again..many have reported no issues with the mastercard itself being the problem. You can debate with yourself all you want...but as of now, the only two main issues I noted are problems that exist.

confirm please !! Fake or Real Coupon..

Pizzero said:   confirm please !! Fake or Real Coupon..

The coupon has been confirmed as real, but apparently the store is disallowing it for anyone who uses a roll of toilet paper as their avatar on any deal site. Go figure.

Pizzero said:    Fake or Real Coupon..

Yes.

Joe328 said:   Was very nice to register person...gift cards were a no go.
Went out to car, put on a different outfit, went in, and was extremely beligerant to register person about using coupon on gift cards........also a no go.
I'm out of ideas.

How do you get your fake mustache to stay on? Mine's always falling off by the time I get to checkout.

Will this work on the ipad mini?

Will this work on the ipad mini?

At BB in Burlington, MA,
the manager says it is valid for One item over 100.
Actually... it seems to be useless...

Coupon is valid all week, eh... This thread will be 50 pages by Wednesday.

respdoc said:   Pizzero said:    Fake or Real Coupon..

Yes.

SO it's fake and real? Interesting.

I got the email. I will pick up a new GPU to replace my dead 8800GT. PNY GTX650 for $60 done.

Coupon worked great. Just picked up a Kindle Paperwhite for $69.

zaksdad said:   Coupon worked great. Just picked up a Kindle Paperwhite for $69.

What type of MasterCard did you use?

jnheinz said:   zaksdad said:   Coupon worked great. Just picked up a Kindle Paperwhite for $69.

What type of MasterCard did you use?

One like this here

Shot down by manager on Kindle GC/Best Buy GC specifying that it say that "No contract Airtime Card"

PhinTron said:   Shot down by manager on Kindle GC/Best Buy GC specifying that it say that "No contract Airtime Card"

WTF?

Thinking of trying my luck and seeing if this will stack with the 10% off open box coupon, they usually have some leniency when it comes to open box items.

zaksdad said:   Coupon worked great. Just picked up a Kindle Paperwhite for $69.

Hmm is that worth it... I got the original kindle for about $50-$60... Wondering if the paperwhite is worth it.

Like I said, they told me this was not supposed to be used on any gift card of any type. So finding a manager that will give that to you at this point, almost 3 hours into this coupons life, is going to be tough. I think because I got there early and they had not seen this card yet is the only reason I got that free gift card, and was able to use it on 2 seperate items as a combined purchase.

I don't have a mastercard, so as any loyal Fatwallet Finance reader would do, I used my Blue AMEX Cash Pre card at my local safeway to purchase a $500 Mastercard prepaid debit card earning me 6% CashBack. Then went to BB, tried GC's first but no dice, then loaded up on 9 boxes of K-Cups. Needed manager override, but no problems. The manager did say they received an alert it's supposed to be Best Buy MC, but the manager and clerk clearly said this coupon says ANY MC, so they took the $50 off. Only tried 1 coupon this time. South Loop Chicago store.

Just left there. Bought Panasonic 220 bluray player for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and Pandora. $120 in store. $98 on their site. The price matched their website and I bought a bottled water to bring it to $100. The manager tried to deny it because the coupon said no blu ray players but I told him to read again and that it was specific to Sony and Samsung. He agreed and approved it. Peace out.

Used it to buy HR Block tax program (which I needed ) and them pick up a few other items-phone cover ,DVD. got a $10 gift card for HR Block buying tax program which was already on sale (worked no problem) they did a quick over ride

maxfleischer said:   Pizzero said:   confirm please !! Fake or Real Coupon..

The coupon has been confirmed as real, but apparently the store is disallowing it for anyone who uses a roll of toilet paper as their avatar on any deal site. Go figure.

..........Awesome

carolspaziano said:    got a $10 gift card for HR Block buying tax program which was already on sale (worked no problem) they did a quick over ride

That statement makes no sense.

Alright, I was able to get out of my Best Buy in Chesterfield, MO while paying $45.86 for $100.00 in Amazon Kindle Gift Cards. Note, this is an extreme YMMV.

I have attached links to receipts below, but I talked with a manager and she said she couldn't override the gift cards at the counter. She then hinted at, we could buy other merchandise and do a return. I said, let's do it. Note, I was VERY kind and patient. The customer before me tried to do a visa gift card and was shut down. He said he didn't have time to pursue an ordeal with a manager, but I did.

I then grabbed the closest item I could, not knowing if qualified or not. I grabbed the beats studio over ear headphones, which were on sale. The coupon was found, but didn't apply to my purchase. We then added on the two $50 Amazon kindle GC's, and my total came out to $370.74. After talking about it with the manager, she said no problem they'd just do a manual override in the returns. So, we walked over to do the return.

I paid $249.99 for the beats, and they credited me back $299.99. The extra $50 they applied to the beats, when tax is added, comes out to the difference of $4.14 in tax where I am. Hence, I only paid $45.86.

I paid: $370.74 Receipt LINK
I was refunded: $324.88 Receipt LINK

Notice, I put the two kindle gift cards in the picture as well to show what I received. I've already applied my $100 in gift cards to my account, and they went through fine. Overall, YMMV big time on this one but I just wanted to share my story and how I came out ahead. Nearly $55 to Amazon for free, yes please and thank you BB.

Note the managers name I worked with was Traci. She may or may not work out the same deal for you, just letting you all know who I worked with if you're in my area.

Cheers!

even excluding Giftcards, some pretty good deals out there to be had!

Hope this works....I'm heading out now

russ0519 said:   zaksdad said:   Coupon worked great. Just picked up a Kindle Paperwhite for $69.

Hmm is that worth it... I got the original kindle for about $50-$60... Wondering if the paperwhite is worth it.

No contest, the Paperwhite is amazing!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014