• 1 234512
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Spend $100 at Bestbuy, get $50 off. Many exclusions, but giftcards are not excluded.
LINK

Best Buy
See Best Buy promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

BB Coupon
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

Revised Exclusions List
Thanks cnIsfg
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I did not know this coupon was no longer valid. I just got back from Best Buy. They said they won't honor it and will no... (more)

JediHai (Jan. 26, 2013 @ 8:50p) |

Me too. Just got back from Worst Buy and had the coupon denied. Didn't know it was invalid, saved the coupon file to p... (more)

Watergod (Jan. 27, 2013 @ 2:29p) |

i have a suspicion that someone linkedin profile has been updated due to this coupon being sent out

rodnig1 (Jan. 29, 2013 @ 3:28p) |

$50 MasterCard Coupon Correction
[ Edited ]
Options

55 minutes ago - last edited 51 minutes ago

The $50 Master Card Bonus – Save $50 When you Spend $100 In-Store and Pay With Any Master Card (valid 1/21/13-1/27/13) Promotional Offer was sent out with incorrect product inclusions, product exclusions, single product call out and end date. An ad correction is available in our retail stores, where you can see a Sales Consultant or Customer Service for any questions or to view a list of the included and excluded products.

We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused.

The promotion is valid for TODAY ONLY, January 21, 2013.
The offer is valid on a single, regular priced item purchase of $100 or more.
iTunes, Amazon and other gift cards are excluded.
Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household.
See below for full list of conditions and exclusions:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valid on any single, regular-priced item from the following categories:

Home Theater:

DVD players and recorders • Blu-ray Disc™ players • home audio • audio and video accessories • furniture & TV mounts • projectors • Home Theater installation • also valid at Magnolia Home Theaterฎ

Computer, Tablet & eReader Accessories: DVD/Blu-ray drives • flash and hard drives • printers • networking • computer software • speakers, mice and keyboards • PC cameras and gaming controllers • voice recorders • surge protectors • memory • cables • graphics cards, sound cards and PC components • blank media • ink • paper • laptop bags and sleeves • netbook cases and sleeves • laptop power adapters • cooling pads, chill mats and lapdesks • office supplies • tablet accessories • eReader accessories

Digital Imaging:

digital cameras & camcorders • camera and camcorder accessories • blank media • digital photo frames • memory cards

Phones & Accessories: no-contract phones

• landline phones • landline and mobile phone accessories • phone cards • 2-way radios

MP3 Players & Car Electronics: MP3 devices • MP3 accessories • GPS hardware • car audio

• satellite radio hardware • CD/DVD storage

Appliances: major & small appliances • vacuums • microwaves • countertop kitchen electrics • shavers • electric toothbrushes • compact refrigerators • wine coolers • air purifiers • hair care

Musical Instruments: guitars • keyboards • percussion • accessories • home recording equipment• DJ equipment

Markdowns taken from regular prices. Not valid with any other coupons or offers.

Excludes Boseฎ audio products; Beats by Dr. Dre; Polk Audio; Denon; Boston Acoustics; select Samsung home audio, TVs, Blu-ray & DVD players; Sony home audio & headphones, TVs & 3D glasses, Blu-ray players, DVD players & set top boxes; Appleฎ iPod; Apple computing accessories; Wacom tablets & stylus; subscription software services; Apple iPad and accessories, Galaxy tablets and tablet hardware, Motorola tablet accessories; eReader hardware & POSA cards; Sony camcorders, digital cameras, NEX cameras, DSLR cameras, lenses & flashes; Nikon DSLR & compact system cameras, lenses & flashes, P510, S01, & S800c; GoPro cameras; iPhone and iPhone mobile accessories; unlocked phones; contract mobile phones; mobile broadband devices; digital music services and download cards; Electrolux Major Appliances; air conditioners, fans and dehumidifiers; Pacific Sales products; Magnolia products: Samsung TVs and Blu-ray players, Sony TVs, Blu-ray players and projectors, Sharp 90” TVs, Epson projectors, URC, Sennheiser, Sonance, Bowers & Wilkins, MartinLogan, McIntosh, Universal Remote ControlTM, Arcam, Peachtree, Oppo and SpeakerCraft Audio and special order merchandise; Clearance & More and Marketplace items; special order, clearance, demo and open-box items; gift cards; taxes. Selection varies by store. Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household. Valid on in store and in stock items only. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A.; excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Not valid at Best Buy Express Kiosks. Online and in-store offer may vary. Not valid on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. No dealers. No copies. No Cash Back. No cash value. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Coupon is non-transferable and can be used only once per customer. Coupon valid 1/21/13.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

OliverQuackenbush said:   Spend $100 at Bestbuy, get $50 off. Many exclusions, but giftcards are not excluded.
LINK

Coupons usually are not allowed if used to buy giftcards, even if it doesn't stated in the exclusions. So it's probably going to be a YMMV.

Should mention Master Card in title

ganjagadget said:   Should mention Master Card in title

And B&M-only.

echip said:   OliverQuackenbush said:   Spend $100 at Bestbuy, get $50 off. Many exclusions, but giftcards are not excluded.
LINK

Coupons usually are not allowed if used to buy giftcards, even if it doesn't stated in the exclusions. So it's probably going to be a YMMV.

Recently there was a BestBuy promo where if you spend $50 on a MasterCard debitcard, you get $10 off. A few people were told by BestBuy managers to get lost when they tried to buy giftcards. So technically you are right, it is a YMMV. However, I bought giftcards at 2 of 2 different BestBuys I went to. The first one was going to sell me an unlimited number of giftcards, I bought only 8. The second one read the terms carefully and pointed out that because it says "no copies", I could buy only one.
The people who were rejected posted their great anger in the thread. They were scheming and trying to find ways to destroy BestBuy. My point is, I am a polite person and I suspect the people who were rejected are complete asshats. I truly believe that the way you treat cashiers and servicepeople has a significant impact on the service they are willing to provide you.
So although technically its a YMMV, as long as you aren't an idiot jerk, your chances of doing the deal is very good.

BTW, its Amazon Kindle giftcards I was buying, which are the same as regular Amazon giftcards.

OliverQuackenbush said:   echip said:   OliverQuackenbush said:   Spend $100 at Bestbuy, get $50 off. Many exclusions, but giftcards are not excluded.
LINK

Recently there was a BestBuy promo where if you spend $50 on a MasterCard debitcard, you get $10 off. A few people were told by BestBuy managers to get lost when they tried to buy giftcards. So technically you are right, it is a YMMV. However, I bought giftcards at 2 of 2 different BestBuys I went to. The first one was going to sell me an unlimited number of giftcards, I bought only 8. The second one read the terms carefully and pointed out that because it says "no copies", I could buy only one.
The people who were rejected posted their great anger in the thread. They were scheming and trying to find ways to destroy BestBuy. My point is, I am a polite person and I suspect the people who were rejected are complete asshats. I truly believe that the way you treat cashiers and servicepeople has a significant impact on the service they are willing to provide you.
So although technically its a YMMV, as long as you aren't an idiot jerk, your chances of doing the deal is very good.

BTW, its Amazon Kindle giftcards I was buying, which are the same as regular Amazon giftcards.

You got 2 of 2 because $10 off on a $50 is not too hard, is like 20% off.
But if you're trying to get $50 off a $100 is going to be much tougher. So this deal is a big YMMV.

Some of you are very lucky. The ones around me only sell their own GC or itunes, nobody elses. Would love to score some Amazon ones.

C320 said:   Some of you are very lucky. The ones around me only sell their own GC or itunes, nobody elses. Would love to score some Amazon ones.

The Amazon kindle gift cards are usually by the electronics counter, not by the main registers.

Whoever tries this with Amazon GCs, report back please!

Just to confirm, Kindle gift cards are the same as standard Amazon gift cards, yes?

That is my understanding.

Curious as to where this came from? BB email? It states it is not sponsored by MC.

Just dotting all my i's and crossing all my t's

KniRider said:   Curious as to where this came from? BB email? It states it is not sponsored by MC.

Just dotting all my i's and crossing all my t's

Domain belongs to best buy, so it is legit unless someone hacked their email/spammail server.

Personally, I would use Amazon cards last. It's just going to draw attention to yourself.

If you want to use the coupon multiple times, try to stay under the radar and buy things not GC related.

That said, there's nothing in the terms that I can see which prohibits the use of this coupon multiple times, even in one day.

This is an amazing coupon if it works.

dont forget that Staples will match competitors coupons.

K-Cups maybe. That would be nice. Around $0.35 a cup.

So I could use this coupon, my Best Buy reward zone MasterCard, get $50 off $100 and the Reward zone bonus points?

Keeping an eye on this thread for today. Have to go out later anyway.

if you want to buy Amazon cards, buy the Amazon cards with another item or two. Then leave, go to your car and come back in and return the other items at customer service.

Whoa! This will make some of their monitors and HDs a decent price.

This coupon would make the Kindle Paperwhite $69. I know what I'll be buying at lunch today!

Here's a question for the experienced experts at FW.

I don't have a MasterCard. If I purchased a prepaid MC, could I use it to enable this deal? I don't see why it wouldn't work, but thought I'd throw the approach out there for comment...

It says "No copies" and it was not sen. Out by email......that could be a reason for them to deny it.

asuka said:   Domain belongs to best buy, so it is legit unless someone hacked their email/spammail server.Granted that's a big plus, but gotta wonder how we/OP were directed to it......

EDIT: wonder if they meant to include that it's only for the Reward Zone MC?

Yes, Amazon Kindle giftcards can be used as Amazon giftcards on anything on Amazon site. Done it many times before.

HOT.. looks like daily trips to BB this week. The coupon says nothing about video games and/or clearance which is also a usual exclusion, unless I am being blind.
thanks op!

GriffonJames said:   Here's a question for the experienced experts at FW.

I don't have a MasterCard. If I purchased a prepaid MC, could I use it to enable this deal? I don't see why it wouldn't work, but thought I'd throw the approach out there for comment...

yeah that would work. there's no distinction between prepaid mastercard and other mastercards

gizmo said:   HOT.. looks like daily trips to BB this week. The coupon says nothing about video games and/or clearance which is also a usual exclusion, unless I am being blind.
thanks op!
Daily trips???

IF legit, they're gonna shut this coupon down a few hours after they get deluged with them when the East coast stores open today.

I fear you're right. I know what I'll be doing at lunchtime.

If I get there right at 10am, what do I say if they ask where I got this? Just say my email? I'd like to get my wife an iPad keyboard and this would be huge for that.

GriffonJames said:   I fear you're right. I know what I'll be doing at lunchtime.

Lunchtime???

IF legit, they're gonna shut this coupon down a few minutes after they get deluged with them when the East coast stores open today

ZuluBlob said:   It says "No copies" and it was not sen. Out by email......that could be a reason for them to deny it.

link containing 'emailinfo' makes it obvious it was sent by email.. but to who, not sure. Maybe like Jobronie said above

I am going to grab a prepaid MC from the grocery store and drop $200 on it and give this a whirl at lunch, I think. I'd love $200 in Amazon GC's for $100.

This is all over many deal sites and a quick search shows that someone at cheapassgamer posted that they received it via email.

Has anyone here received the email with the coupon link?

sgtrazor said:   This is all over many deal sites and a quick search shows that someone at cheapassgamer posted that they received it via email.

I have a BB RewardZone MC and did not receive anything like this.

Best Buy Email
Disclaimer
sgtrazor said:   This is all over many deal sites and a quick search shows that someone at cheapassgamer posted that they received it via email.

I received ths email and do not have any Best Buy credit card. The email is titled: Big savings - TODAY only + free shipping What is interesting is that the coupon has the same 400077240772 barcode as the $10 off $100 when using your Mastercard coupon Best Buy sent out on Friday to Gold and Platinum RZ members.

I got the email. Check your emails. I am only a rewardzone member.

Jobronie said:   asuka said:   Domain belongs to best buy, so it is legit unless someone hacked their email/spammail server.Granted that's a big plus, but gotta wonder how we/OP were directed to it......

BB has no way of knowing in-store who got the coupon originally.

AND, more importantly, the coupon has no limitations on the transfer or reproduction of said coupon.

asuka said:   Jobronie said:   asuka said:   Domain belongs to best buy, so it is legit unless someone hacked their email/spammail server.Granted that's a big plus, but gotta wonder how we/OP were directed to it......

BB has no way of knowing in-store who got the coupon originally.

AND, more importantly, the coupon has no limitations on the transfer or reproduction of said coupon.
Well technically it does say "No Copies" in the fine print...

Skipping 427 Messages...
i have a suspicion that someone linkedin profile has been updated due to this coupon being sent out

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.