• 1891011 12
  • Page
  • Text Only
LOL.. The whole store was marked down and whatever was onsale was yellow tagged.. That was the point.. I got manager to override

Not everything was marked down, not at any of the stores I went to. Their prices always exactly the same as the prices online. You can check any item online to see the regular price.

hondo1978 said:   Their prices always exactly the same as the prices online.False. Yesterday this Cobra XRS9570 Radar/Laser Detector was listed on-line for $129.99 (as well as today), while the B&M price yesterday was $109.99 (no idea if the price went back up today).

online chat resulted in no responses followed by a sudden 10x"technical difficulites" and kicked me to an frozen state -- seems like their chat design has a magic function ! !

Quote:

>>My name is Shuntina, how may I help you?
Hi, I am quite disappointed yesterday and today as I went to my local Bestbuy on both days and did not get a satisfactory solution
>>Sorry to hear that. How can I help you?
I am looking to buy an apple TV for my mother-in-law, and happened to have received Bestbuy ads that I'd get $50 off $100 purchase.
>>Earlier this week, you and other select customers received a special promotion from Best Buy that was connected to your MasterCard®. That targeted coupon was incomplete and sent in error. The offer has been closed and is no longer valid. We apologize for the mistake and any confusion it may have created.
Thank you.
I went to my local store yesterday as the coupon was only in-store
I am not particularly impressed with that pre-written reply
could you let me finish telling what happened ?
>>I apologize, there is nothing I can do.
I went to store yesterday, the coupon scanned but showed $0.00 deduction. It was termed for $100 purchase, which was the amount for the apple TV. The sales person said that coupon may be not activated yet as it was early in the day, and suggested I go back later since the coupon was valid for a week.
>>I apologize, there is nothing I can do.
today I went back and was told that the coupon terms was changed and only valid for yesterday
do you have a supervisor who may be able to help?
do you have a supervisor who may be able to help?
Apologies. We are currently facing some technical difficulties with this chat.

Don't be mad at "Buy More" aka Best Buy when one of their screw ups gets corrected before you get something. It's just a matter of being at the right time at the right location when the next one comes (and it will because they're under tons of pressure to compete with Amazon). For me, the most famous one was the Gateway NV59 laptop a few years ago that was advertised as only having a Intel i3 CPU but actually had a i5. But that may have been more of a Gateway screwup.

So by the time I arrived (8PM) the "Update Terms" were posted at check out lane and had to hassle a bit with Manager but a few minutes of patience and a swipe of the PayPal MC and I am a proud owner of a ZAGGkeys PROplus for $83 and some change. Wanted to do the $99 Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard and a coke but was shop-blocked that $100 purchase now means one thing costing $100 or more and the damn penny stopped me. So I did spend more then I wanted but still think I got the better end of the deal.

Jeff36 said:   Melly777 said:   I seen this post earlier today and printed out a couple coupons was going to stop by after i finish my errands. Then i seen how crazy ppl were getting on other sites and getting $1600 in gift cards and stuff. Needless to say i didn't even bother to try and use them. Thanks for the post though op.

Ditto that here

Exactly, greed takes over and kills a deal like this. Sure the stores that let people do it are partially to blame but just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD. Sad world we live in now a days...take everything you can because it's okay as long as you get what you want..*shaking head*

Could someone please post a link to the current coupon? Or, is it the same coupon with the exclusion/inclusion list?

Thanks.

Has anyone thought about taking them to small claims court of this - this is false advertising isnt it?

w120013 said:   Has anyone thought about taking them to small claims court of this - this is false advertising isnt it?

I support you. Feel free to ask a lawyer...they, like the rest of us...probably enjoy a good laugh.

ozaer said:   deal is more dead than Asia Carrera's film career I was able to use it last night, so perhaps Asia still has a chance.

w120013 said:   Has anyone thought about taking them to small claims court of this - this is false advertising isnt it?

If you are one of the legitimate 4 people that actually received the coupon by email, I believe you could possibly have a small chance that a judge would try to dismiss the case but accidentally side with you before losing consciousness from hysterical hypoxia... so go for it!

Basically I was wanting to know if anyone has sued over something like this and won. Just wondering what the legalities of these coupons are - I dont think it should be legal for companies to send out coupons like this and then change everything mid-stream. Just wondering if it is really legal for them to do that.

File a complaint with your local Consumer Affairs Office or Better Business Bureau. You might get some satisfaction from them.

A final result from my BBB complaint. I URGE EVERYONE TO FILE A COMPLAINT BAED ON THE FOLLOWING RESPONSE:

Thank you for the additional information about your complaint. Although you and the business continue to disagree over the settlement of this issue, the BBB has determined the company has provided an adequate explanation addressing your concerns and has closed this case as administratively resolved.

Please understand that the BBB is not an enforcement agency and we cannot compel a company to do exactly what a consumer requests. We depend on companies to voluntarily resolve complaints presented to them. While this may not take care of your issue, the BBB appreciates the time you took to inform us of your experience with this company and will include it in their file.

Your case will be reported in the company's business review for other consumers to be aware of. It will remain on their record for 36 months, our standard reporting period. We will use it to note any trends or pattern of complaint activity and, should one be noted, will forward our case notes to the proper state regulatory agencies for their review and possible enforcement.

Again, thank you for using the BBB's free complaint services and we apologize we were unable to obtain your complete satisfaction in regard to this specific issue.

You may access your complaint case file at www.minnesota.bbb.org by clicking on 'access a complaint' located in the blue box to the right of the screen.

Just received this email from BB:

Dear xxxxx,

Earlier this week, you and other select customers received a special promotion from Best Buy that was connected to your MasterCard®. That targeted coupon was inaccurate and sent in error. The offer is no longer valid. We sincerely apologize for the mistake and any inconvenience we have caused you. We hope to serve you better in the future.

Thank you,
Lisa Smith

Vice President
Best Buy Customer Care

zapy said:   A final result from my BBB complaint. I URGE EVERYONE TO FILE A COMPLAINT BAED ON THE FOLLOWING RESPONSE:

Thank you for the additional information about your complaint. Although you and the business continue to disagree over the settlement of this issue, the BBB has determined the company has provided an adequate explanation addressing your concerns and has closed this case as administratively resolved.

Please understand that the BBB is not an enforcement agency and we cannot compel a company to do exactly what a consumer requests. We depend on companies to voluntarily resolve complaints presented to them. While this may not take care of your issue, the BBB appreciates the time you took to inform us of your experience with this company and will include it in their file.

Your case will be reported in the company's business review for other consumers to be aware of. It will remain on their record for 36 months, our standard reporting period. We will use it to note any trends or pattern of complaint activity and, should one be noted, will forward our case notes to the proper state regulatory agencies for their review and possible enforcement.

Again, thank you for using the BBB's free complaint services and we apologize we were unable to obtain your complete satisfaction in regard to this specific issue.

You may access your complaint case file at www.minnesota.bbb.org by clicking on 'access a complaint' located in the blue box to the right of the screen.

REALLY?

What else would you have expected from WorstBuy? How have you been harmed? Time to move on, folks...

I have been harmed by my wasted time, fuel, energy spent in good faith to make a purchase. It's like a lifelong friend screwing your wife. You fel hurt and want to get back or at the least supply a scarlet letter so everyone knows.

This is just plain bad business practices and as long as they get a way with it they'll do it over and over again. As proven here today.

zapy said:   I have been harmed by my wasted time, fuel, energy spent in good faith to make a purchase. It's like a lifelong friend screwing your wife.

If you somehow equate a coupon misprint with infidelity ...you might want to think about talking to someone about your issues.

Please! This wasn't a "misprint". A misprint may have been we forgot to put "one per household" or something like that. This is exactly like infidelity. I'm sure they didn't mean it to happen, it just did. Difference is they were caught on video and aren't admitting to it.

On the other side are folks like you - the ones who look away and ignores the facts?

zapy said:   

On the other side are folks like you - the ones who look away and ignores the facts?

It's called reality, my friend.

If you've ever been cheated on, you fully understand the pain of infidelity. This coupon fiasco is NOTHING like that!!!

suezyque said:   If you've ever been cheated on, you fully understand the pain of infidelity. This coupon fiasco is NOTHING like that!!!

well, they both left me feeling wanting more... so maybe a little bit the same

The thing that frustrates me is that the coupon with an expiration date of 1/27 continued to be available for printout on their website last night. If it was a "mistake" they could have taken the coupon down, but they chose not to.

I did not know this coupon was no longer valid. I just got back from Best Buy. They said they won't honor it and will not take it. Wish I would've known before driving there and try to buy a printer.

Me too. Just got back from Worst Buy and had the coupon denied. Didn't know it was invalid, saved the coupon file to print later and never follow this thread. Darn, wanted to buy a 3tb external Seagate. Wasted 30 miles and nearly 1 hr of my time.

JediHai said:   I did not know this coupon was no longer valid. I just got back from Best Buy. They said they won't honor it and will not take it. Wish I would've known before driving there and try to buy a printer.

i have a suspicion that someone linkedin profile has been updated due to this coupon being sent out

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014