• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

How is this thing as a media player?
I love my ps3's- they are the center of my home theaters, but I remember reading somewhere that the new Nintendo would have some good video features as well.
Can anyone who has both make any comparisons?
I assume the Nintendo does bluray?

JacksonX said:   How is this thing as a media player?
I love my ps3's- they are the center of my home theaters, but I remember reading somewhere that the new Nintendo would have some good video features as well.
Can anyone who has both make any comparisons?
I assume the Nintendo does bluray?

Nope, no blu-ray. There is an option to add PlayOn (free for a year too), but many of the promised features like TiVo are still MIA. It does do Netflix and Hulu.

Once the "TVii" features are enabled, it should be a pretty solid unit.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/77155/wii-u-tvii-to-support-tiv...

Plan on a couple of hours delay "updating" its software online when you first get it. Nothin pisses the kids off worse than opening the box to wait 5 hours on a Monday during nintendo's server scheduled maintenance down time LOL. Just speaking from experience.

Back in the day, kids would be grateful just to have the latest of...ANYTHING, not just tech. Today, kids moan an complain that they have to wait a few hours for a one time deal. The bad part is that most parents allow that type of attitude.

Seeing $389, deal dead?

dead..

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014