• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
LINK TO THE TV ON AMAZON I had been watching this LED LCD TV for awhile, but I bought the Panasonic Plasma deal from Amazon that is now oos (Thanks FW!). I just happened to click my bookmark for this TV and noticed the price drop today. $479 matches the lowest price this has ever been according to CamelCAMEL

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

LE48FHDF3300ZTA
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'd buy it used from Amazon warehouse for $390. 30 day return policy applies

clearanceman said:   I'd buy it used from Amazon warehouse for $390. 30 day return policy applies

Or $403 for one with no cosmetic imperfection on the front.

I read that used items bought on warehouse deals are not covered by manufacturers warranty, so you would lose the 2 year warrant.

My two used Samsung LCDs are still working strong. Bought from Amazon warehouse back in 2008.

My two used Samsung LCDs are still working strong. Bought from Amazon warehouse back in 2008.

I have never heard of the company TCL. How do they compare against Samsung and LG? And what is the warranty on this TV?

No idea on quality but as the picture above shows - they come with 2 year warranty.

movi3king said:   I have never heard of the company TCL. How do they compare against Samsung and LG? And what is the warranty on this TV?

I had never heard of them either until I read that they are "featured" in Iron man 3

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/tony-stark-wield-chines...

check the tcl warranty VERY carefully. unless it's changed, they do not offer in-home service even on large tv's. you have to ship it back either to the midwest or west coast.

I have 2 TCL 32" LCDs from Amazon a few years back. The picture is really nice and bright - the menus are.. sub-par. I never could get a working remote code for our DirecTV, so it needs 2 remotes to operate. But no other problems.

I personally recommend to people not to compare this tv with Samsung, Sony,, and LG. These top 3 brands will always have a better picture quality when compared to unknown brand like TCL. So if you are not too picky, buy this one to save some money. But if you want a high quality picture, then pay extra and buy one of the top 3 brands I mentioned above.

I got in on the 42" TCL deal on black friday. I'm really impressed with the quality. If someone would slap a better known brands logo on the front, I don't think anyone would notice. The bezel is really thin and modern looking.

I would compare this brand to Vizio from a couple years ago. At the time, no one heard of 'em, but they've since made inroads into the market and is pretty established now.

Just a footnote, they've recently announced an advertisement deal with the former Mann's Chinese Theater on Hollywood Blvd. so they're spending money to break into the market.

The funny thing is these three might be getting the parts from exactly the same factories as TCL. TCL actually outsold Samsung in China while sale of Sony ranks even lower. When it comes to picture quality, it's really up to your personal taste. For me, a Vizio looks just as good as a Samsung, at a fraction of Samsung's price.

docjoo said:   I personally recommend to people not to compare this tv with Samsung, Sony,, and LG. These top 3 brands will always have a better picture quality when compared to unknown brand like TCL. So if you are not too picky, buy this one to save some money. But if you want a high quality picture, then pay extra and buy one of the top 3 brands I mentioned above.

TCL is a top rank Chinese brand. It is a trusted name in China. The quality should be very good. If not that I prefer to buy a TV in a local store, I'd jump this deal.

TCL is the #1 TV brand in China, and to my knowledge, many Samsung panels are actually made by them indeed.
You can consider many Samsung models as a re-branded TCL, or the opposite way if you want.

BTW I bought this exact TV when it hit the same price last time around black friday, and has been very happy with the picture quality so far.

TCL sells a lot of its televisions in the U.S. under the RCA brand name...

Has anyone walked down the aisle at Costco and compare different HDTVs? If you can tell the difference between Vizio and Samsung brands, then you won't be happy with TCL tv. If you can't tell the difference, then buy this TCL. My brother-in-law bought TCL brand HDTV last year. It looks okay, but I like my Samsung HDTV better. Just giving my opinion to people who has never seen TCL hdtv. I am not bashing TCL since everyone has a different acceptance of quality. Believe or not, there are people who think RCA or Westinghouse is just good as Samsung. Maybe these people are not only saving money from buying cheaper brand but also from skipping their annual optometry checkups

cohcoh said:   The funny thing is these three might be getting the parts from exactly the same factories as TCL. TCL actually outsold Samsung in China while sale of Sony ranks even lower. When it comes to picture quality, it's really up to your personal taste. For me, a Vizio looks just as good as a Samsung, at a fraction of Samsung's price.

docjoo said:   I personally recommend to people not to compare this tv with Samsung, Sony,, and LG. These top 3 brands will always have a better picture quality when compared to unknown brand like TCL. So if you are not too picky, buy this one to save some money. But if you want a high quality picture, then pay extra and buy one of the top 3 brands I mentioned above.

I still have 20-20 vision. Vizio's colors look too soft and washed out when compared to Samsung. But everyone has his/her own preference. If you think Vizio is good enough for your eyes, then you saved some money. My eyes have very expensive taste and have to open my wallet for Samsung and LG TVs

I did a little investigating before picking this one up on black friday for the same price. TCL is the number one TV manufacturer in China, and this particular set is supposed to have panels sourced from Samsung. The image is crisp and makes an amazing external monitor for my laptop, which not many sets can pull off without some amount of picture fuzziness. Think of it as buying a nice 2D Samsung tv without paying for the Smart TV bloatware.

For what its worth, I found the picture to be great, but what do I know, I'm just a gamer/electrical engineer.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014