• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
SERVICE DETAILS:
TV:
With FiOS TV Ultimate HD, you’ll get over 385+ all digital channels and 110+ HD channels. Includes Cinemax, NFL Red Zone, EPIX, Showtime, THE MOVIE CHANNEL®, and FLIX® premium channels.

Internet:
FiOS Quantum Internet Speeds up to 75 Mbps/35 Mbps

The $200 GC applies even without Contract - Amount may be region specific so YMMV

STEPS:

1. Click on this link
https://www22.verizon.com/FORYOUR...undle.aspx

2. Enter and confirm your address
Start new order

3. Go to Build your bundle page: Select only Internet and TV (remove phone).
In the options below select FiOS Quantum Internet 75/35 Mbps , the price of Ultimate HD falls to 0.1 then add it to see the final price to your right.

YMMV - $5 additional discount may be region specific. SO your price could be $85 per month, still a great deal.

I personally think this is a glitch/Price mistake on their part so signed up with a 2 year agreement, this is almost a saving of $30-$50 depending on the region. I usually hate contracts and even buy my cell phones full price to avoid contracts.

HURRY UP, jump in before it ends.

The icing on the cake is $200 Visa gift card. If you don't sign up for a contract you can cancel any time but I signed a contract as I think this is a great deal with atleast $30-$50 savings per month if you like those services.

Discounts detail:
No Contract.
Promotions Included on Your Order:
$10 Bundle Credit For 12 Months
$5 credit for 24 months Discount Coupon
$5 Bundle Credit for 24 Months
$200 Visa Prepaid Card

With 2-year contract
Promotions Included on Your Order:
$5 Bundle Credit For 24 Months
$5 24-Month Contract Discount
$5 credit for 24 months Discount Coupon
$200 Visa Prepaid Card

Added the complete A-to_Z list of companies that provide Verizon service discounts.

Check attachment for the list and here is the link to claim your discount. http://verizonconnections.vzcomportal.com/

Verizon Wireless
See Verizon Wireless discounts that earn Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

FiOS Double Play TV (192.19kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
For those, who were promised to keep the promotional price: do you have any updates on the second month bill?

RK73 (Mar. 12, 2013 @ 5:02p) |

I am experiencing the same type of issue singing up for a new account right now. Website clearly showed triple play at ... (more)

bigo2000 (May. 15, 2013 @ 9:56a) |

According to what I (and others) heard from Verizon, the OP issue was escalated to the upper management. Seeing it again... (more)

RK73 (May. 15, 2013 @ 10:06a) |

• Also categorized in:

Dead

Bad Link

Link works fine for me

I'm a current subscriber and I see it for 85/mo crazy good deal. May finally be able to convince the wife to get cable... Lol

I tried it under my current subscriber account and the best I could get was $90. But I did see that I can up my speed to 75/35 for pretty much the same as what I'm paying now for 25/25 with the local channels package ($75 vs $79).

Word of advice - print out every page of the deal you are offered by Verizon and every page of the signup process.

I signed up for a great triple play deal and then once the billing started they were charging me $20 per month more than the deal I signed up for. I'm still disputing it with them and my screenshots are the only proof I have of the deal I was offered.

Watch out for the turn:

Monthly price month 2 = $75.00
Monthly price month 3 = $90.00
Monthly price month 4-24 = $100.00

Internet TV is the future. They just need to hurry.

Be very careful of this. I signed up over the weekend for $90/month for the double play (75/35 internet and ultimate HD) and now they are telling me the cost is $190/month!!! Glad a have copies of everything but I'm cancelling anyway, not worth the hassle with these liars.

I just simply hate Verizon, especially their CSR.
Horrible!

I've had different experiences with Verizon CSR... Just yesterday I called to cancel my local channels package and not only did she they comp the entire TV package, they also dropped the internet price by $5.00.

Dropped my whole bill from $92 to $75.

If you move the TV down to the local tv only you don't get the 200 GC but you can get the 75/35 (w local tv) for 69.99 which is 20 bucks less than the 75/35 is normal price (89.99). I pulled the trigger on that since I was paying 60/mo for 15/5 now I get 75/35 for 70... thats a no brainer.

I signed up for an install. I was also able to have the $200 gift card show up with no contract. 75Mbps down is hard to beat!

It dropped my current 2-year contract at $105/month for Ultimate HD + Internet (35/35) to $85/month (for all 24 months of a new contract) for Ultimate HD + Quantum Internet (75/35). Not bad.

dcgarry said:   Be very careful of this. I signed up over the weekend for $90/month for the double play (75/35 internet and ultimate HD) and now they are telling me the cost is $190/month!!! Glad a have copies of everything but I'm cancelling anyway, not worth the hassle with these liars.

Don't forget, the price doesn't include things that you likely wanted / signed up for, like set top boxes, DVR's, plus tax of course. DVR's can get you real quick, ranging between $16-20/mo per box.

I've been incredibly happy with my FIOS service for the past few years. We cancelled service this past summer since both I and my fiance work heavier hours during the summer, plus I was out of town for a few weeks. Our two girls watch a lot of movies and Little Einsteins / DocMcStuffins / etc on DVD, so there wasn't much loss there.

Anyhow.. I just resigned with Verizon a little over a week ago. We went with their Triple Play (having a home phone isn't a terrible idea), base plan was $89/month. Upgraded from 15/5 to 75/35 and from Prime to Extreme, total cost $114/mo. Factor in a DVR, plus a CableCard for the Tivo and taxes I'm going to be around ~$150/mo. I signed a 2 year to get the $300 gift card. The early termination fee is only $230, so even if I were to cancel, I'm still ahead at least $70. The ETF goes down $10 a month.

It dropped my current 2-year contract at $105/month for Ultimate HD + Internet (35/35) to $85/month (for all 24 months of a new contract) for Ultimate HD + Quantum Internet (75/35). Not bad.

Can anyone speak to the fees...

JWolff said:   It dropped my current 2-year contract at $105/month for Ultimate HD + Internet (35/35) to $85/month (for all 24 months of a new contract) for Ultimate HD + Quantum Internet (75/35). Not bad.

How are you getting this to work as an existing customer? I am a customer but out of contract.

thanks Got it

Any existing out of contract customer get this?

mww0110 said:   Can anyone speak to the fees...

This is a direct copy and paste from my Verizon statement online;

Voice

PA State Sales Tax
PA Local Sales Tax
Telecommunications Relay Service
PA 911 Fee
PA Gross Receipts Tax Surcharge
Federal Universal Service Fee

TV

PA State Sales Tax
PA Local Sales Tax
Video Franchise Fee
Video Franchise Fee
Regulatory Recovery Fee - Federal

Total Taxes, Fees and Other Charges
$10.96

It would appear that the internet portion of my service either isn't taxed, or it's rolled in with the TV.

Below is my service PRE-TAX;

Statement Dated 1/16/2013
Go to Summary
Current Activity

Current Charges
1/162/15Triple Play

FiOS Digital Voice UnlimitedView Details
FiOS TV Extreme HD
FiOS Internet 75/35
24 Mo. FiOS Digital Voice Discount thru Jan 14, 2015 ($5.00 off Voice)
24 Mo. Bundle Credit thru Jan 14, 2015 ($10.00 off Voice)
24 Mo. Bundle Credit thru Jan 14, 2015 ($5.00 off TV)
Special Bundle 24 Mo. Credit thru Jan 14, 2015 ($5.00 off TV)
24-Month Contract Discount thru Jan 14, 2015 ($5.00 off Internet)

1/162/15High Definition DVR Rental
1/162/15Cable Card Rental
Current Charges Subtotal
$135.97 (+tax)

So it's easy to see how the 89.99/mo deal quickly rises to $145+. And I only have 1 DVR and a cable card (I'm still paying $13/mo to Tivo, too). If you had a larger family, more TV's, etc and wanted say, 3 DVR's, you're right into $180/mo with taxes, easy. If your TV supports QAM you can get local channels that way, but that's it. They have other set top box options available that are cheaper, but I can't imagine life without a DVR.

I'm switching my home over to a Windows Media Center setup to handle DVR duties, so at that point my only additional fee will be $3.99 for the cable card and I can forgo paying the $17/mo for the FIOS DVR and the $13/mo for the (absolute ripoff) Tivo service.

Hope this helps.

JWolff said:   It dropped my current 2-year contract at $105/month for Ultimate HD + Internet (35/35) to $85/month (for all 24 months of a new contract) for Ultimate HD + Quantum Internet (75/35). Not bad.

Can you please tell me how did you get this? I am a current customer, when I login using my id, it shows totally different picture. Also, I am not able to downgrade from Triple freedom to Double play.

Any idea?

$80 + 1 topbox = Pricing
& Promos

Months 2 - 24

$94.41

thanks

I am a current out of contract subscriber in TX, the deal worked for me, monthly price came to $97 for the 2-yr contract. As other posters said, printed all order and confirmation pages just in case. Green for OP - great deal for Ultimate HD/Quantum Internet bundle!

YMMV, but back when I went to sign up, I did the online chat and talk to them about the bundle deals. They tried to hard sell me into buying now with a $5 coupon for 24 months. That coupon didn't work because it was suppose to be for new customers (I was re-signing up). I did another online chat and they couldn't help me, but a few days later I got another $5 off coupon in the mail. It looks like a promotion that they regularly do, so it might be worth the deal? In the end, I got the triple play (also the 75/35 internet plan) for cheaper than the price of the double play (at that time). I don't even use their phone because I have ooma. Included was sd set top box, multi room dvr, and the hd set top box. I didn't get any Visa card though.

Verizon Triple Play
$104.99 /mo 2 year agreement
Price Months 1 - 19 = $104.99
Discounts Included
$10 Bundle Credit for 24 Months
$5 24-Month Contract Discount

tldr: do online chat to possibly get an additional $5 off.

RK73 said:   I am a current out of contract subscriber in TX, the deal worked for me, monthly price came to $97 for the 2-yr contract. As other posters said, printed all order and confirmation pages just in case. Green for OP - great deal for Ultimate HD/Quantum Internet bundle!

I see that same price as well but did you get the $200 Visa prepaid card?

HiFideal said:   JWolff said:   It dropped my current 2-year contract at $105/month for Ultimate HD + Internet (35/35) to $85/month (for all 24 months of a new contract) for Ultimate HD + Quantum Internet (75/35). Not bad.

Can you please tell me how did you get this? I am a current customer, when I login using my id, it shows totally different picture. Also, I am not able to downgrade from Triple freedom to Double play.

Any idea?

If you're on a contract for a triple play, you're not going to be able to downgrade to a double play. Several over at SD have reported that they have been able to install new lines of service in their spouses names, if you want to go down that route.

yowhatup said:   RK73 said:   I am a current out of contract subscriber in TX, the deal worked for me, monthly price came to $97 for the 2-yr contract. As other posters said, printed all order and confirmation pages just in case. Green for OP - great deal for Ultimate HD/Quantum Internet bundle!

I see that same price as well but did you get the $200 Visa prepaid card?

Ahh, forgot about the card! No, I didn't get it (nothing about the card on the order confirmation page), perhaps it is for new subscribers only. But I consider this a good deal anyway since I upgraded my current service for $5 less per month.

The deal in OP, while seemingly valid, contains an unexpectd charge popping up towards the end of the order selection process (after having chosen the tuner boxes, add-on services, etc.):
Regional Sports Network Fee: $2.42

While still a great deal, it's arguably false advertising apply that fee at the end, and it's annoying that there's no option to remove that fee (w/o perhaps downgrading TV packages, which then negates the rest of the deal). Typical Verizon horseshittery (a nonsense word for a nonsense fee).

Here's VZ's explanation of that fee:
What is Regional Sports Network Fee?

At Verizon, we strive to bring you the best entertainment experience. In an effort to manage our rising programming costs, a $2.42 per month Regional Sports Network Fee is applied to your monthly bill. This fee helps to cover the high costs Verizon pays to Regional Sports Networks to deliver professional and collegiate sports programming in each local team's territory.

Translation: We're too cheap to advertise a higher price, so we'll f*ck you at the end (in your end?) after you've been "sold" on your selected package.

SWEET! I just upgraded my service from Fios Prime to Ultimate for $5-$10 less per month! Deal is still live for me!

Thanks a million, OP!!! I just had FIOS installed on Saturday. I first chatted online and was given a hard time by the CSR, who said that there was nothing they could do to offer me the new promo. I reminded the CSR that I was within 30 days of my install and could just cancel my service with no early termination fee. CSR didn't care. An hour later, I called Verizon Support by phone and told them about this deal and they didn't hassle me at all.

I went from:

- $109.99/month for 75/35 Mbps Internet AND Extreme HD (349 channels) + $11.99/month for 1 Set-Top HD Box + $200 Visa Prepaid Card = $121.98/month + tax on a 2-year contract

to

- $85/month for 75/35 Mbps Internet AND Ultimate HD (440 channels) + $11.99/month for 1 Set-Top HD Box + $2.42 Regional Sports Fee + $200 Visa Prepaid Card = $99.41/month + tax on a 2-year contract

So op, you saved me at least $22.57/month for 24 months = $541.68!! (+ tax)

THANK YOU!

Just upgraded.

Was paying $84.99 for basic TV package and 15Mb down/5 mb up. New price is $97.42. $95 plus a $2.42 local sports tax/fee. No $200 visa card offer though.
Still a great price. Don't care as much about the TV, but the internet speed boost will be fantastic. I also signged up for 24 months, just in case they catch the pricing mistake, at least I should be locked in for the next two years.

websquirrel said:   HiFideal said:   JWolff said:   It dropped my current 2-year contract at $105/month for Ultimate HD + Internet (35/35) to $85/month (for all 24 months of a new contract) for Ultimate HD + Quantum Internet (75/35). Not bad.

Any idea?

If you're on a contract for a triple play, you're not going to be able to downgrade to a double play. Several over at SD have reported that they have been able to install new lines of service in their spouses names, if you want to go down that route.

No, I am not on contract for Triple play, just a month-2-month.

I just switched a few months ago from my name to my wife's name to get the new customer prices. Now, I got to do it again !!!!

No idea if that would affect credit score in any way as Verizon would run a credit check again.... Any one has any idea if my concern is valid?

Thanks, though I did not get an option for $200 card. (that would have been SWEET).

That said, I am getting the LOCAL channel option (I don't watch TV anyways) and upgrade to 75/35 for $7 more than what I am currently paying for 20/5. I am STOKED!!

I BELIEVE one gets a new FIOS wireless router, correct? Or do I just use the equipment that I currently have? (That would also work great since I have 3 FIOS routers networked throughout the house using COAX).

Stranger2 said:   I BELIEVE one gets a new FIOS wireless router, correct? Or do I just use the equipment that I currently have? (That would also work great since I have 3 FIOS routers networked throughout the house using COAX).Yes, I believe Quantum internet makes you eligible for the new n band router. I will try to get one myself once my bundle is upgraded.

HiFideal said:   
I just switched a few months ago from my name to my wife's name to get the new customer prices. Now, I got to do it again !!!!

When you switched account owners, did you have to return your old equipment in your name and install new equipment registered to yours?

If you select CableCard, do you also need a Set Top Box?

Nice deal, too bad its not showing up for me as an existing customer. I have the double play w/ Prime and 15/5 but don't get offered this.

Skipping 78 Messages...
According to what I (and others) heard from Verizon, the OP issue was escalated to the upper management. Seeing it again makes me think that this is not a snafu, but just another attempt to trick customers into expensive plans.

I got my contract honored - I am seeing promotional discount valid for 24 months on my bill now. However, it took me countless phone calls and many hours on the phone with billing supervisors to resolve it. Definitely wouldn't do it again.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014