• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
Update to my post earlier today concerning my contact w/ Verizon CSR.

The issue with the incorrect bundle price has been escalated, and I got a very prompt response back from the supervisor at Verizon explaining that it was a problem in their system. He stated to me that those customers affected by the discrepancy would have their service & billing corrected to reflect the discounted price with upgraded service.

I live in Irving, Texas actually near the call center (and national HQ?), and he stated that the problem was escalated through to upper management on a national scale so anyone affected should receive exactly what they ordered.

As a side note - I have to say I have read some disheartening things about Verizon's customer service. However, the extremely prompt handling of the issue and thorough communication means points in my book. I'm certainly no agent trying to push Verizon's products, but my experience with them on this issue (the only issue I've had with them) was handled far better than I've seen many companies do. Take that as my opinion - you might not get so lucky with a CSR agent, always that possibility, but I applaud them on this one.

[UPDATE: 01/28/13] (This is the same update I made to my original post, to ensure everyone sees it.)
I would suggest that you contact your local Verizon rep or the customer service email/number provided to you with your account. Please do NOT contact the original supervisor via email I had posted previously. He called to personally request I remove that information, only because his scope is the Dallas area, and he says he has received many messages asking for help across the country - information & actions to which he does not have access. I apologize to him and to you all for providing that contact information, but please honor the request and use the general support lines for communication with Verizon.

harshja, thanks for the update! So it looks like they are going to honor the promotional price - they sure deserve credits for doing that. I love FIOS TV and Internet and wasn't excited about switching to something else if they didn't keep their promise.

They need to make an effort and put their act together for residential FIOS website - it is constantly changing, hard to navigate and this is not the first time I order something there at a promotional price and get unpleasant billing surprises.

You're not alone. This is Verizon's biggest little secret - they mess up your billing.

I had the same thing happened as well, should I email the supervisor that was mentioned earlier to have this handled?

harshja said:   Update to my post earlier today concerning my contact w/ Verizon CSR.

The issue with the incorrect bundle price has been escalated, and I got a very prompt response back from the supervisor at Verizon explaining that it was a problem in their system. He stated to me that those customers affected by the discrepancy would have their service & billing corrected to reflect the discounted price with upgraded service.

I live in Irving, Texas actually near the call center (and national HQ?), and he stated that the problem was escalated through to upper management on a national scale so anyone affected should receive exactly what they ordered.

As a side note - I have to say I have read some disheartening things about Verizon's customer service. However, the extremely prompt handling of the issue and thorough communication means points in my book. I'm certainly no agent trying to push Verizon's products, but my experience with them on this issue (the only issue I've had with them) was handled far better than I've seen many companies do. Take that as my opinion - you might not get so lucky with a CSR agent, always that possibility, but I applaud them on this one.

Can you please let us know when they correct the price for you? When I log into MyVerizon, click on My Services > Add or Change Services (under Manage Service), it shows the price as "Verizon Flex Double Play, $ 129.99 /mo" right now. If they really are intending on fixing this, I'll hold off on calling them. I have my doubts that they will just go ahead and fix it for everyone, so I have a PDF the pricing handy to show them if necessary.

On the phone with Verizon CSR...they are telling me that they never would offer the package in this thread at $90/month and are unwilling to do anything to make it right. Only option is to send them copies of the order confirmation and wait 3-4 days until they route the fax and then someone will call back eventually...Awful

websquirrel said:   HiFideal said:   
I just switched a few months ago from my name to my wife's name to get the new customer prices. Now, I got to do it again !!!!

When you switched account owners, did you have to return your old equipment in your name and install new equipment registered to yours?

Yes, it's brand new account, new setup.

You can either return it to the service technician (He asked me but I said I would return it later) or you can mail it back to Verizon (all packaging/shipping is all free).

[UPDATE: 01/28/13] (This is the same update I made to my original post, to ensure everyone sees it.)
I would suggest that you contact your local Verizon rep or the customer service email/number provided to you with your account. Please do NOT contact the original supervisor via email I had posted previously. He called to personally request I remove that information, only because his scope is the Dallas area, and he says he has received many messages asking for help across the country - information & actions to which he does not have access. I apologize to him and to you all for providing that contact information, but please honor the request and use the general support lines for communication with Verizon.

Answering a few posts together here:

Jedi2155 said: I had the same thing happened as well, should I email the supervisor that was mentioned earlier to have this handled?

[EDIT]
I DO NOT advise that everyone emails the supervisor mentioned in my earlier post. He got things done for me, was very accommodating, and even gave me his personal office line if something isn't right after a few days. Nevertheless, he did tell me that the national corporate office was aware of the issue and was working to fix it for all affected. If I were you, I would still send in some documentation for record - however, this should be sent through the standard means of customer service communication given by the company.

khalkhalash said: Can you please let us know when they correct the price for you? When I log into MyVerizon, click on My Services > Add or Change Services (under Manage Service), it shows the price as "Verizon Flex Double Play, $ 129.99 /mo" right now. If they really are intending on fixing this, I'll hold off on calling them. I have my doubts that they will just go ahead and fix it for everyone, so I have a PDF the pricing handy to show them if necessary.

[EDIT]
I will tell you the same thing - that you should only contact Verizon customer service through your provided email / phone. I just checked My Verizon and it still says the same as what yours says; it is not fixed just yet, however I was told directly by the supervisor that the issue was escalated. At this point, the company WILL address the issue, but that is all the information I have.

StingyMan said:   You're not alone. This is Verizon's biggest little secret - they mess up your billing.

I can't speak for Verizon Wireless/Landline/DSL, but as far as FIOS goes, I've never had a major issues with billing.

We did have one small issue, one month we opened up our FIOS bill and it was $600 some odd dollars (!!). We called customer service and found out that we apparently hadn't paid our bill for 2 months and that on the third month, it went into their cancellation department. When that happened, it removed all of our bundle pricing, so everything went to full price with no discounts. Ultimately what had caused it was a goof up on my part when I had set up PNC's auto bill pay. I fat fingered the account number so while I had thought our bill was being paid, it wasn't. Anyhow.. After 10 minutes on the phone with customer service, we got our bill paid and up to date and then she got my account all fixed up and put back like it should have been.

So, really it was my fault and after it was fixed, it was never an issue again. Out of all of the services I've dealt with, I have to say Verizon has had the best customer service and technicians that I've ever had the pleasure of speaking with.

Thanks for the update harshja, I've sent the email, and I'll see if I get a response. The channels were added today so that is good! Lets hope the bill reflects the actual billing.

Just got off the online chat with CSR regarding my "self Install Kit" and he told me that I need to PURCHASE the N router (I thought THEY owned the FIOS router and my G router wasn't mine anyways) and new order will NOT include the new router to take advantage of my new speed. They also told me that my old router is no good beyond 50/25 so I should get a new router. I will have to give them a call in couple of minutes when their office opens up and see. My install kit did not have ANYTHING other than couple of brochures.

Just spoke to tech support. She was VERY nice lady, but technically speaking, she needed a LOT more training. I explained to her that I will need wireless N router to fully take advantage of 75/35 speed since wireless G can only go up to 56Mbps, and she INSISTED that she has same wireless G router and she gets 82Mbps. I think she got confused with Actiontec router revision (F and above have wireless N). Anyways, she told me that she will try to get me a N router since I was a loyal customer for so long. We will see.

Update. I spoke to the CSR at the local Verizon FIOS store. They signed up quite a few people at the store during that promotion day and since this was done at the store all customers received printed order confirmations. They told me that their management confirmed that Verizon will honor the price for all those who signed up for the deal.

Saved my initial order and when I came back it's now $129 before additional equipment and taxes. Lame.

I'm still waiting for my price to be honored. I have been in contact with a CSR. She initially explained that they do not show the price I had mentioend. I explained that I had screen captures of the entire sign up process. She asked that I fax a copy of the order confirmation page. I faxed the screen capture. About an hour later I recived an email from the CSR saying that it was being researched, followed a few minutes later with an automated system email. That was Friday. So far I am still showing 139.99 and have not heard anything back from Verizon. I still feel pretty confident that it will work out just fine, based on the other comments on this thread.

Everyone please note my updates to all previous posts. The supervisor contacted me directly again today, assured me the issue is known to corporate, but that he personally cannot access information or make changes to accounts outside his scope of work (Dallas area). Even then, if you live in the Dallas area - I'd like to request on his behalf that you communicate w/ Verizon via standard methods through their site or through contact information you have been previously provided.

As I said before - at least from my perspective - Verizon has handled this in a professional manner, and I have no reason to doubt their word so far. With that in mind, I feel the request should be honored, so that all communication should be directed to your local rep regarding any issues.

Once again, I'm no Verizon rep - I just believe in good business practice & reliable customer service, both of which Verizon has provided to me so far as a customer. In return, I will be a reliable customer & hold up to my end of the deal.

Thanks guys.

If they are dealing in a professional manner why are they taking this long?

Contacted Mark Price last Friday his response was

XXXX,
Verizon is aware of the issue with the online orders and is working on a resolution. Someone for the company will contact you once a resolution is identified.
Thank You,
Mark Price

They might have to be doing some analysis, gathering a tally as to how much damage control is needed. Regardless, as long as the end result is fair, I"m sure it will not matter how long it takes. Once they start actually demanding payment for the higher fees, thats when we should be concerned IMO.

@Stranger2: The CSR rep might be referring to a WIRED connection on the ActionTec router which is how she might be able to get 82 mbps. Of course wireless is limited to only 54 mbps theorectical maximum (which is actually only half that * 87% for protocol overhead meaning (27*.87 -> 23.5 mbps). 100 Mbps wired connection is up to 87 mbps.

Jedi2155 said:   
@Stranger2: The CSR rep might be referring to a WIRED connection on the ActionTec router which is how she might be able to get 82 mbps. Of course wireless is limited to only 54 mbps theorectical maximum (which is actually only half that * 87% for protocol overhead meaning (27*.87 -> 23.5 mbps). 100 Mbps wired connection is up to 87 mbps.

Nope, she said "I get 82mbps on my laptop, although I have to be very close to the router to get that speed" which suggests she is talking about wifi.

I KNOW that rev. G indeed IS a wireless N router.

That said, I just received Rev I wireless N router.

Thanks.

In regards to the cable though, has anyone received a call from Verizon support yet? I want to buy a CableCard/Tuner but I won't if I can't keep this Ultimate TV at my current price.

Gosh, I'm starting to wish I didn't have the Rev. I router as I can't seem to debridge my Coax/Ethernet to use my own router.

An update from my side - got the bill stating $129 + equipment and taxes. After calling customer service who previously could see the rate - they now have indicated that its been reversed out and can't see it at that rate anymore. Has anyone had any success and could you please share with the crew. Thanks

No update on this side still.....

It has been over 2 weeks, has anyone received an update on their bill yet?

I actually got a bill which was at old rate (which is about $7 lower). No new bill yet.

Trying to get this deal honored has been beyond difficult. I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone and have gotten nowhere. I've been polite and the CSRs have been in return but it just seems out of the call center's hands.

I spoke with a supervisor last week was able to email me a copy of what I signed up for. Unfortunately no resolution. I called again today and I had a 4th CSR tell me there is no $80 bundle in the computer for Ultimate TV & 75/35 Internet. I spoke with another supervisor today and he wasn't able to resolve the situation. He suggested I contact Verizon via the contact form and those will have a better chance of being escalated. That's what I plan to do. I have two weeks more weeks to cancel within the 30 day window. The supervisor did help me out by giving me a one time $50 adjustment since my bill is due in a couple days.

I received a reply from Verizon today. See below:

Thank you for choosing Verizon. I have received your email dated 02/12/2013 regarding the bundle rate you were quoted when placing the order online. I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this has caused. My name is XXXXX, and I will be happy to assist you.

You are correct. There was a pricing error during the time you placed the order online. However, Verizon will be honoring the $100.00 Bundle rate quoted on the website. We currently do not have a date of when the issue will be fixed. Once the bundle rate has been corrected, it will be reflected on your account.

If you have additional questions, or if we may be of assistance to you in the future, please let us know. We look forward to serving you.
Thank you for using Verizon. We appreciate your business.

I am glad they will honor the price. It's just a matter of when.

kinghowdy said:   I received a reply from Verizon today. See below:

Thank you for choosing Verizon. I have received your email dated 02/12/2013 regarding the bundle rate you were quoted when placing the order online. I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this has caused. My name is XXXXX, and I will be happy to assist you.

You are correct. There was a pricing error during the time you placed the order online. However, Verizon will be honoring the $100.00 Bundle rate quoted on the website. We currently do not have a date of when the issue will be fixed. Once the bundle rate has been corrected, it will be reflected on your account.

If you have additional questions, or if we may be of assistance to you in the future, please let us know. We look forward to serving you.
Thank you for using Verizon. We appreciate your business.

I am glad they will honor the price. It's just a matter of when.

Congrats on your "victory" with Verizon.

I just received my bill, which is not correct, and I'm just now starting this journey. Could you give me some tips as to which department to start talking to and whether to insist on speaking to a supervisor, etc... Also, $100 was mentioned in the reply from Verizon. Wasn't it $80.00(mine was $85.00) for the bundle rate?

The CSRs on the phone really can't do anything to resolve this. Asking to speak to a supervisor took me 30+ minutes of hold time on both calls. Calling maybe just a waste of your time and a test of your patience.

I would suggest using the website's contact us form, I actually typed something in Google Docs and then copied and pasted it in. They responded within 24 hours. The price is $100/month less $20 in credits per month which comes out to $80 plus cable box, locals fees and taxes, etc. Write something in a professional tone and I'm sure you'll get a similar reply.

I received my bill from Verizon yesterday with $139 charge for the bundle. After one hour on the phone (mostly waiting on hold) got to talk to the supervisor, who promised to resolve the problem and honor the price. According to him it requires working with other (offline) departments and takes a couple of days. Still waiting for the final answer.

Just got off the phone with Verizon And they told me they will Put a credit of the difference in my bill every month for twelve months. that was the best they could do.

I guess my best option would be to just cancel the service and return back to my prime....it sounds like it typically takes at least 2-3 hours of annoying phone calling to have the issue resolved....

Well, I can report that Mark Price's assistant finally has caught up and called me to handle the situation. I had already returned my TV service back to Fios Prime a week earlier, and after some wiggling with the Customer Retention department, they were able to get me my old price and added Free HBO/Cinemax for a year for me due to my hassle. When Mark's assistant contacted me, I faxed her my original quotation for Fios Ultimate and she credited me back the cost for the 1st month's Ultimate. Since I already canceled I received a 1 time change credit for $45.

I received a call from billing supervisor, who said that they have fixed the bundle price on my account and my next bill should reflect the originally quoted $95. I will have to wait until next bill to see if the issue has been completely resolved.

After 3 calls to customer service. Promises of 3 callbacks from their Auditing Departments. Of which I only received 1 callback and during a time I asked them specifically not to call me back because I told them in advance that I would be in a doctors appointment. But they called me during that time anyways. A series of emails to online support. They finally did resolve my issue. However they said I would have to wait until the next billing cycle to see the corrections. Hope it all goes well.

I am now regretting signing up for the 2 year contract just to say 5 dollars a month. Wish I stayed on the $100 contract free pricing instead. Would've been a lot easier to handle with customer support. Part of my dilemma was that they were not able to resolve my claim until after I was already locked into the 2 year contract. Also I realized that once the 24 months ends my price will probably be jacked up to to 139.99. Had I have chosen the contract free option, I would have probably had the package for as long as I wanted it. Oh well.

I too am getting the run around. The credited me for 1 month but are having to escalate for the remaining 2 year period....

For those, who were promised to keep the promotional price: do you have any updates on the second month bill?

I am experiencing the same type of issue singing up for a new account right now. Website clearly showed triple play at $79.99 per month after "bonus" additional $10 off. When I added to cart it jumped to $94.99 - when I called they first didn't believe that's what I was seeing, so I sent screen shots. Then they actually tried it themselves and saw the same thing but "couldn't access that rate" since they were not part of the online department. They suggested I call the web team. Called that # and they said that I need to chat online. Chatted online and got someone who either (a) wasn't a human, (b) wasn't reading what I wrote nor looked at my actual order, or (c) just didn't understand anything.

Called original CSR back who told me that their retention dept could honor the price for 12 months. I insisted that they honor the original terms, which was for 2 years (I'm not spending 3 hours on the phone again to fix this 12 months from now). They have now submitted a "ticket" to their billing dept to "see what they can do."

Luckily for me I don't need to install until next month. So if they don't honor the pricing, I'm probably just going to cancel and go back to Comcast- their bills may be higher but at least to date they've been straightforward with me.

According to what I (and others) heard from Verizon, the OP issue was escalated to the upper management. Seeing it again makes me think that this is not a snafu, but just another attempt to trick customers into expensive plans.

I got my contract honored - I am seeing promotional discount valid for 24 months on my bill now. However, it took me countless phone calls and many hours on the phone with billing supervisors to resolve it. Definitely wouldn't do it again.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014